Chris Brown Arrested

Caught On Tape

2/9/2009 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown has officially been booked into the custody of the Los Angeles Police Department. He was driven to the station by high-powered attorney Mark Geragos.

Brown has been charged with one count felony criminal threats. His bail has been set at $50,000. He is still being investigated for a possible battery.

Geragos' past clients include Michael Jackson, Winona Ryder and Scott Peterson.

UPDATE 11:42 PM EST: TMZ has learned Chris paid his bail and was released.

videos

Chris Brown Arrested

Story developing...

Wired

Most people posting here cannot spell.

Virtuous

First of all everyone that is giving there comments on Christ Brown and Rihanna should not find no one at fought until you hear the whole story. I feel sorry for the both of them and I will keep them both in my prays.

big na

people should just leave rihanna and chris brown alone

ujjuzzy

Okey,Rihana gave Chris herpers, but that does not warrant him to beat her up!!!I am against any form of of abuse on women and by the way am a dude.A real man should never hit a woman, not matter how badly 'injured,woundended' physically or emotionally.women are the source of life,hence should be respected no matter the provocation..so Chris u need to check ur anger com.the dudez not even married to her!!anyone feeling me??upset Kenyan.

Angel

I believe this whole incident occured because of Jay z. Lemme explain. . .We all know that jay z is messing with rihanna hence beyonce sad love album ( I am/ Sasha Fierce),( no offense beyonce I still love your work). Anyhoo, Jay z did give rihanna herpes and he also made the union between rihanna and chris happen too hence the so unintrested face of chris brown in EVERY pic of he and rihanna at the PRE-GRAMMY show.Well, rihanna broke the news that he would be poopin anti immflamatory medication for the rest of his life Chris brown flipped out probably choking her and furiously stormed out. There you go! Did anyone think it was strange that jay z was first on the scene. HMMMM....

carolyn

I bet Rhinna is hiding out feverishly writing out the lyrics to her next big hits about violence and not taking it anymore, unless of course she was the one who bailed him out and will take him back, if of course he did it in the first place. Coff.

40andlovinit

I think you young people have really bumped your heads. I don't care who you are or what someone says you have NO RIGHT to put your hands on someone unless it's in self defense.

jazmine

ok chris and rihanna got in a fight while they were in the car. he kicked her out of the car and a witness called 911 and rihanna told the police that chris was her attacker. right away chris got an attorney and his attorney advised that he turn himself in to the police! alot ppl are saying that she deserved wat she got because shes actually a bitch

tonyg

Hearing this story crushed my heart. Because I was a victum af a Domestic Violence. Chris and Rihanna are such a cute young couple. I adore chris and his music style and to hear something like this is unbelievable. He needs to control himself. Rihanna please don't go back to him. It will be a memory every minute you are with him. You are a beautiful girl and have a wonderful music career. People will look at you as a strong person...Don't look back! A fan of both of you.

tonyg

No one deserves to be hit! No matter what the situation is. Be a man and walk away! Hey...maybe a new song walk away.

Justice

You people are so quick to judge! You don't even know what really happened.

YooDude

Does that really say Christ is 6'2 ?

sweetbrownsugar

omg he's in jail i mean yea i would be pretty mad if some one kept repeating themselves but he didnt have to hit her he should have just left her damn he still fine but if he had try to hit me he would've been the one callin the police not me cuz i would have hit him right bck its a damn shame

stephanie mishio

i cant belive what i am hearing about the most sexyiest man in the world

MISSFINE247

why ever one say Rianna is ugly pure jealousy!She is not ugly stop hating guys God does not like that. If Brown did hit her that's a woman beater he needs to be thrown in Jail. I have been abused and I would kill a man for hitting me again lol