Chris Brown Arrested

Caught On Tape

2/9/2009 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown has officially been booked into the custody of the Los Angeles Police Department. He was driven to the station by high-powered attorney Mark Geragos.

Brown has been charged with one count felony criminal threats. His bail has been set at $50,000. He is still being investigated for a possible battery.

Geragos' past clients include Michael Jackson, Winona Ryder and Scott Peterson.

UPDATE 11:42 PM EST: TMZ has learned Chris paid his bail and was released.

videos

Chris Brown Arrested

Story developing...

CHRISBROWNLUVR

I THINK CHRIS BROWN I S AN FIN IDIOT! I AM HIS BIGGEST FAN BUT HOW DARE ALL U PEOPLE SIT HERE AND TRASH RHIANNA WHEN SHE WAS HIT IN THE FACE, BY SOMEONE SHE "LOVED" ITS WRONG AND HE WAS RAISED BETTER THEN THAT! IM SO DISSAPOINTED IN HIM FOR TAKIN IT TO THAT EXTREME. HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOIN WAS WRONG AND IM SURE IT WILL ALL BLOW AWAY. BUT SHE IS THE ONE WHO WILL LIVE WITH THE SCARS AND PAIN, NOT HIM! SO FOR ALL YALL WHO WANNA DOG HER.. GO BACK TO THAT NIGHT AND BE HER... LOSERS!

2051 days ago

Whittney H

Are you sure we aren't talking about Booby Brown?

2051 days ago

Kevinrx8

Dear Kassie (#81),

Go back to school and learn what a period is.

BTW, is ignorance really bliss?

2051 days ago

MUFFIN

IM GLAD HE HIT HER A33 SHE DESERVED IT PROBABLY ..SHE WILL NEVER TELL HIM TO SHUT UP AND DRIVE AGAIN..HAHAHA LONG AS CHRIS IS OK IM GUD..LOVE U CHRIS

2051 days ago

tweety

i think that yes in fact he did make a mistake but we all make mistakes but we learn from them and he deseverse a second chance as so does evry1 else

2051 days ago

Geminis

We worry about this people too much. She will go back to him soon, wait and see!

2051 days ago

silent

chris is a bitch for even putting his hands on a woman if he didnt want to continue the relationship he should of ended it like a man

2050 days ago

lalo

Man he just made her forehead worst

2050 days ago

Shay

Chris your a woman abusing son of a biotch! I loved you and your music, but I can now never look at you the same way. I am a woman who has been hit by a man before and it's not even close to being even. You should NEVER put your hands on a woman, no matter what! You should have had a lot more self control than that. And to all of you people that are making fun of Rihanna.... may you all burn in hell!

2050 days ago

Tiffani

I think this is a little premature. I guess we don't believe a person is innocent until proven guilty. As African Americans we all should know how it feels to be in a situation when the story is only one sided. I find it interesting that everyone says the two got out of the car and began arguing but not one of the witness have made a statement that they saw him actually hit her or strangle her. Don't get me wrong i don't believe in domestic violence but no one, not me, not you, nor the media can give an accurate account of that night. Even Rihanna is not cooperating with the investigation so what does that really say. I hope if your day comes or that of one of your loved one if you will still feel the negative that you are feeling now or will you be screaming they are innocent until proven guilty.

2050 days ago

whatthehellever

She probably provoked him to the point where he could not take it any longer. If somebody was irritating you and hitting on you while you where driving what would you have done? I think Chris should have put her a$$ out on the side of the road and kept going. Everybody knows she is a HOT head!!! The both of them needs to just be honest and get this over with. Also, I think everybody else need to let these two handle their own business "other artists"!!!

2050 days ago

Toya

Oh my goodness. Leave Chris along! I'm not saying what he did was right. But you all act as if he is just a woman beater. Nobody knows what happen how it started or what it really was about. So you all need to back up off of chris like that. The only people who knows what happened was chris and rihanna. So please let them breathe and work out their problem alone with out you guys.

2050 days ago

shelE

CHRIS BROWN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>THE NEW IKE TURNER

2050 days ago

Ms.ChRiiS BrOwN

i jus cant believe he did it bt its okay hes still ma baby he was jus kinda trippn he was going throw something i think he gone still b da same ol chris

2050 days ago

breal09

1st off I do not condone domestic violence but as a human being there is only so much you can do to a person before they snap. And if she was hitting him what gives her that right I am a woman and I know we can push buttons cause we want the guy to feel as bad as we do about whatever and when words stop affecting then some tend to try to hit the man or slap them in the face then the minute a hit is returned then the guy is so wrong an should be damn near put to death in everyone's eyes. What happened to keep your hands to yourself. IF he was driving while she was doing that she could have caused an accident and hurt someone also. And if a girl did text him so what, its wrong yeah but hell she is rihanna there are so many other guys willing to kiss the ground she walks on but she trying to keep up the persona probably that she is with heart throb Chris. Hell was Beyonce' acting like you did when you was all up on Jay-Z and calling and texting him, your "big brother"? hell no she was like "you must don't know 'bout me". There are alot of abusive men out there and there are also alot of women who do things when they are mad, especially about another female, who like to punch and slap and figure that the "but I'm a girl" factor is supposed to justify that. If she swung first her behind should be getting booked in too for assault. If i pull a gun on somebody and they shoot me, they are going to get self defense does it matter if it is a male or female then? NOPE so if she hitting him and while he was driving at that, why can't he get self defense. bruises, grabbing her the wrong way could leave a bruise, hell trying to pull her out the car could've busted her lip. who knows we ain't seen the pics. All this started cause her ass was jealous and suffering from Disturbia and she threw a temper tantrum. She took it to another level and now wants to ruin him probably for get back so nobody else can have him. He probably been trying to leave that ass alone and she can't handle that. That's my take. I'm a woman and I have been in a variety of situations and any woman can tell you they have or know some woman who has pushed a man over the limit purposely and played the victim. So I am not sugar coating for him i'm keeping it real. Everyone should learn to keep your hands to yourself and if you don't like how you're been treated move around you can't make a man, or woman, act right, you accept it for what it is deal with it talk about it or move on.

2050 days ago