Brown -- Young, Dumb, and Benched by Gum

2/9/2009 4:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Wrigley announced today they are suspending its ad campaign for Doublemint gum featuring Chris Brown.

Chris Brown: Click to watch
Wrigley said in a statement, "We have made the decision to suspend the current advertising featuring Brown and any related marketing communications until the matter is resolved."

The company would not go as far as saying they are dropping him completely, saying Brown should be "afforded the same due process as any citizen."

Smee

He did it. No doubt about it.

1981 days ago

BRING BACK THE TWINS! LOL

1981 days ago

What the

why does 2fast always thinks he is first? ha ha

1981 days ago

Gypsy

Wow, that didn't take long. I guess they don't want the youth chewing their gum and leaving bite marks and bruises on others. I must say, I was expecting it to take at last a few days, I guess not.

1980 days ago

skipper

bitch should not be jealous or this would have never happened

1980 days ago

wtf

cool

1980 days ago

*leigh*

how the hell does double mint know anything and we are still gettin' dragged along with "updates" every hour!

1980 days ago

Lucille

Chris looks angry in the car, whereas Rhianna looks relaxed and happy. I think Rhianna's career is stronger than Chris' right now and coming from an industry party where she is getting all the positive attention may have been enough to spark rage in a immature 19 year old man.

Also, Rhianna is quite petite. Take away those 4 or 5 inch heals and I don't she's even 5 feet tall. Men don't always understand the damage that they can do to a woman with one strong hit or punch. However, that's no excuse for Chris did to Rhianna in any.

In addition, Rhianna was right to get out of Chris’ car since she obviously felt threaten, and since he went after her and assaulted her in the street, how can that be self-defense as some posters have said?

I hope the LA District Attorney throws the book at Chris. He should do jail time.

1980 days ago

shut your foul mouths!!!!

drop him likes its hot!

1980 days ago

She sure is gorgeous!

@Lucille#13: How do you know that Rihanna is the one who left the car and Chris is the one who came after her? We haven't had any legit info as to what happened and in some of the blogs I've read, it was Chris who stopped the car and the both of them got out. Either way, I dont think anyone should jump to any conclusions until the full story is out instead of these leaks we get every hour. I will say, it's never right for any man to hit a woman and vice versa.

1980 days ago

MissyBreezy

I'm glad they are waiting; we don't know what really happened yet. To #1, how on earth can you say "no doubt at all". Get serious people!

1980 days ago

Kel

First, I agree with FionaApplefan, we should not jump to conclusions. EVERYTHING that has been reported up to this point is speculation. Ii have read everything from Chris Brown jumped out the car to a bystander actually call the cops, I do know however that I LAPD still has not released "the victim's" name as it has been reported, but that information is confidential. Alot of the things that we are making opinions on are just what the web and blog sites call themselves, GOSSIP we do not know all the detail, let us exercise some patience and wait to hear legitimate comments before we condemn to be stoned to death. Second, I am watching a double mint commerical right now with!

1980 days ago