Brown -- Young, Dumb, and Benched by Gum

2/9/2009 4:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Wrigley announced today they are suspending its ad campaign for Doublemint gum featuring Chris Brown.

Chris Brown: Click to watch
Wrigley said in a statement, "We have made the decision to suspend the current advertising featuring Brown and any related marketing communications until the matter is resolved."

The company would not go as far as saying they are dropping him completely, saying Brown should be "afforded the same due process as any citizen."

oh yaaaaaaaaaaa

Wrigley's gum suxs anyways, it loses it taste after a few minutes.

vioj

Why crack your girlfriend when you can crack some bubbles. Pumblemint gum...

Reekah

OK Lucille: Yes Rihanna is petite, but she is not short. She's 5'9

Erica

His fight with Rihanna won't hurt sales. That gum is good. I think Rihanna attacked him. She is jealous and insecure. Of course women will continue to throw themselves at Chris Brown. He's young, Light-skinned, a singer, and kind of cute.

Zempolateca

I've learned that Chris Brown has grown up in an abrusive household. I'm thinking this has something to do with the incident. I'm not sure if this is accurate but a magazine source said that Chris Brown got herpes from Rihanna. I would have been p*$# off if somebody gave me herpes!

whatever

Well that blows, Guess I will find a new gum to chew ..Why suspend him when he hasnt had his day in court. Wrigleys people need to take a step back. Somethings not right here in the story, the bite marks on her. If hes beating her head into something why bite her? Sounds to me like she wigged out on him and he bite her.

OnPoint

If Chris is guilty for whipping up on RiHanna he should be ashamed of himself and kudos to her for calling the law. I always despise punks who whip up on women. Again, if he's guilty she should also (as I'm sure she did) break up w/him. I bet he won't get wreck w/a dude like that ....... It's a shame too cuz they made such a good looking couple. I bet one thing, Jay ain't whipping up on Beyonce ...... !!!!!!!

Who Caresss!!!

They not short yall.. Rihanna is 5.9 and Chris Brown is 6.2. Check their imdb pages.

Huggy

He beat her beyond recognition. That's "F" 'd up. I'm not cool with that at all.

honesty

If he did break her jaw, he does not have enough money for the civil lawsuit.

Something Else

I'm kind of glad they dropped him, especially if he did what they're claiming he did. Although I love getting the latest news at TMZ, I found a couple other places online where they're dishing more dirt. One of them is on a radio website in Chicago: wlit.com/pages/maryam.html Check it out. I can't wait to find out if this really is the truth.

angie

i knew that was goin to be next! what are they ike and tina! thats crazy!

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

So there you go all you people complaining about phelps losing his sponsors, Chris brown has just lost one. You spoke too fast and should have just waited a little longer !

holly

SO I GUESS THE WOMAN WHO MADE THE DUMBASS COMMENT ABOUT SPONSORS NOT PULLING FEELS DUMB!!

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

For the record, Petite =short, not skinny!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments