Chris Brown: So Sorry

2/15/2009 4:46 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris BrownIt only took Chris Brown a week since we broke the story of his alleged beatdown of Rihanna to release a statement... but here it is.

"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired. I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person. Much of what has been speculated or reported on blogs and/or reported in the media is wrong. While I would like to be able to talk about this more, until the legal issues are resolved, this is all I can say except that I have not written any messages or made any posts to Facebook, on blogs or any place else. Those posts or writing under my name are frauds."

A spokesperson for Rihanna declined to comment.

Anonymous

I know both Chris Brown and Rihanna personally. Chris jumped on Rihanna because she gave him HERPES!!!

2041 days ago

Anonymous

WHATEVER!!!

2041 days ago

gwen

ahhh yes..the finding god thing. I am very familiar with it as my ex
also found god when he was facing assault charges. He also joined a
men's group dealing with anger management because he knew that it
might look good in court. Guess what, he used that group to learn
different techniques that would convince me that he was changing but
it would take time and it would take "my patience" as he goes through
his walk. Guess what...he also found out that he can confess his sins
and get forgiveness..let me give you an example that is probably much
like Chris's thinking and know this, they never change and unless
someone like Rihanna intervenes and ensures this abuser is held
accountable, the next woman this guy beats he just may kill...here's
an copy of my ex's remorse but remember he stalked me and threatened
to kill and still attended church and group but forgot to tell them
that when he leaves his meetings he would be on the way to my house
to keep me hostage for hours and if I even thought about moving he
would cave my head in...

Here's my abuser's letter one of many and I will follow it up with a
letter I received from him when I baited him on a dating site to find
out about his income as he (the christian father) is proactively
hiding income...my point is, abusers say and do anything to look
remorseful but the reality is they are conniving and they are master
manipulators. If Chris is sorry, it is because someone told him to be
sorry.

Subject: Please don't report me, I needed to do this

Gwen it wasn't Cheryl that typed that today on your message board it
was me. If I may have a minute of your time I'll tell you why. I
realize it was not directed straight at me but I did take it really
personal. The reason I take it so very personal is because it is
really personal to me. You can't possibly imagine what its like to be
feeling so rejected (maybe you can I can't speak for you) but for me
Gwen those feelings were real that I felt when I was feeling so low,
so hopeless, imagine if you will (Actually I'm sure you have, so then
think back to how you felt) trying so hard to do everything so
different, and to please you, Gwen. I'm going to tell you first hand
Gwen those thoughts of suicide were real, do you understand that
while you sitting contemplating taking your own life the things that
flash through your mind when you know morally its wrong and that it
is a selfish act but the pain of having your hopes and dreams
squashed. See gwen thats how I felt you had all that control
everytime. Now I realize this statement sounds selfish and maybe it
is, I know there were two of us in the relationship. I know you had
concerns and hopes and dreams yourself.
To become an entirely different better person is a long hard road, it
takes a lot of patience and understanding. It has it's set backs and
lesson like any other thing we learn. Today typing in there I see it
as a set back, the second I hit the send button I wished I could take
it back. I looked up and first thing that came out of my mouth was God
please forgive me, I just let emotion make a decision for me. I don't
know if you see this but for me you always, always, always had the
hammer, the control and you used almost every single time by walking
away and locking yourself up. Do you realize the only time we ever
really had a conversation, like a real conversation is when you
wanted to.You have always had the luxury of knowing that at any time
you could take me and twist me up, I wanted so very badly to have the
relationship. I mean oh my goodness Gwen I really wanted to be your
partner. Even now by admitting this I'm giving you my power and I
know it. Do you realize and one point you sent me a website and if
I'm not mistaken it was on narcissists, I remember in there it said
something about narcissist using up one relationship and already
building another and that they never completely finish the first one.
Did you ever consider that its you, I don't mean to sound accusitory
but as I read some of that stuff I could see myself sure, I agree but
I could also see you. Do you have any idea how many times since I
started my group I could have behaved badly and because of the work
I've done chose something else. I know gwen because on the times I
did take a step backwards, I had to go to group and own my behavior,
I took a number of clubbing for that and rightfully so. The point is
this, I wanted to be all the things I said on my website because I
cared so very much for you and our son and our lifes together. I
wanted and want to change so badly Gwen,I know I've made huge
headway. I definitely know myself, I have a great deal of pride in my
self right now. I mean wholy smokes Gwen I came to your house what 2
or 3 times in

2041 days ago

Zonny VanRant

Beating up the herpes chick makes the sores go away

2041 days ago

C-Money

I don't agree with what he did, but he made a mistake. He says he's seeking counseling and he's sorry. That's what's wrong with this country, we always want to burn people at the stake. Neither you nor I know what happened in that car. I honestly believe Rihanna played a role in this too, but again there is no excuse for beating on a woman. However, he's only 19... an age where people don't think, they just do. I feel like after being exposed like this if he can pick up the pieces and salvage his career, he won't lay his hands on anybody else. I feel for both sides. However, I hate the fact that he's so young and now despite what happened, his career might be over. I send my prayers out to Rihanna & I just pray that we would stop treating celebrities like Gods. Their all human. Fact is, if he had of been an average joe we wouldn't even care.

2041 days ago

honest t

The lesson to learn from this is stay away from people who act violent in any way toward you.

If a man or woman has a history or a pattern of being violent stay away from them because they are sick.
That's it, end of story, do not try and work it out, leave and move on.
You can't change them and they can't change themselves with out a lot of help and they may never want it or get it so just move along.
It does take two to tango but it also clear some people have patterns of violent behavior reguardless of who they date and those are the people you must avoid unless you want major drama.
If you try and rescue some warped person you will become their victim.
You enable people with problems by allowing them to remain in your life and make it worse for everyone involved.
As soon as someone hits you once get away, never look back, it's over. Maybe they will learn to not ever hit the next person, maybe they won't but you can only control what you do.
I hope it makes people look at their own relationships and many of the people in toxic relationships will end them and move on. They can't be fixed and will never be the same.

2041 days ago

Amanda

I no what he did was wrong but hes sorry for it nd i still love him x

2041 days ago

Serge

To the ignorant person who said she just wants his money??? Lets be clear on something, SHE IS THE ONE WHO HAD TO CANCEL A SOLD OUT CONCERT, NOT HIM! She is WAYYYY more popular and has sold more records and had more #1 hits! Sounds like Chris is the one who NEEDS THE MONEY! BTW, he was the one who RENTED the Lambo!

2041 days ago

Brenda

HELLO! Think Ike and Tina Turner. Ike's career never was the same after it came out how badly he had been beating Tina Turner. Tina Turner is still making money, doing concerts and looking beautiful. IKE? He died last year after having been arrested over years for drug abuse. He blamed Tina for everything, but the fans spoke out and said, "We don't believe you!" As a retired cop, I will tell you that if Chris had nothing to hide, he would not have ran away from the scene. He would have stayed there and told the cops that Rihanna had attacked him, and in self-defense he hit her. Since he did not do that, since there are apparently photos, since he "apologized" and since his father spoke of remorse - what more do you need to know that he hit her and ran.

2041 days ago

Anna

i agree no one knows exactly wut happened. sooo the bst thing we can do is pray for the both of them.
i stilll looooooooooovvvee you Chris!!!♥ everybody makes mistakes

2040 days ago

MICHELLE

THERE'S TWO SIDES TO THIS STORY!!!! RIHANNA BE HONEST... ANYONE IN THAT MOMENT CAN BE PROVOKED! THEY HIT ON EACH OTHER!!!! RIHANNA SPEAK UP BEFORE HE IS RUINED!!

2040 days ago

Left broken wing

I knew there were dumb people on this earth, but shame on me for not
realizing the depth and severity of their stupidity!!!

Helloooooo.....CHRIS got arrested. CHRIS was released on $50,000.00
bail. CHRIS is apologizing.....

And STILL there are idiots saying...."DUH, we don't know the whole
story yet...there are two sides to the story...DUHHHHH!!!"

Then there are the ones that bring up their genius point, : Rihanna
provoked him!

SO if Chris had kids and punched them in the face repeatedly, would
you blame the children for provoking their Dad?

Even if a man "provoked" nother man, the one that resorts to
punching is the NEANDERTHOL who cannot think with
his brain or articulate with his mouth.

------------------------

2040 days ago

iLLa

why do people make big ass paragraphs like people want to sit there and read the stuff!

STOP WITH THE BIG LONG PARAGRAPHS IT'S USELESS , AND FYI NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR LIFE STORIES, THIS IS ABOUT CHRIS AND RIHANNA.

2040 days ago

Mother of 2

You kno I never thought that I would be readin something like this especially about Chris Brown. I can't judge him for what happened that night. At times there are things goin on in their lives that we don't kno about, This to me is really weird and at the end will have a really weird twist. I'm not sayin he is right but I am also not chosing Rhianna side of the story either.

2040 days ago

MICHELLE

THIS IS TO "ILLINOIS THUG POLITICS"--- YEA YOUR NAME SAYS IT ALL!! WE DON'T KNOW BOTH SIDES! ALL WE HEARD FROM RIHANNA IS THAT CHRIS HAS BEEN TREATING HER THIS WAY A WHILE!! COME ON. RIGHT! JUST B/C I SAID SHE PROVOKED IT DOESNT MAKE IT RIGHT! BUT I PROMISE YOU WITH HER ATTITUDE SHE DIDNT JUST TAKE A BEATEN! SHE TRIED TO STEP TO A MAN.. AND GOT MAN HANDELED! SPEAK UP RIHANNA, YOU WERE THERE. YOU BOTH HIT EACH OTHER.

2040 days ago
Previous 15 Comments | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments