Chris Brown: So Sorry

2/15/2009 4:46 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris BrownIt only took Chris Brown a week since we broke the story of his alleged beatdown of Rihanna to release a statement... but here it is.

"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired. I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person. Much of what has been speculated or reported on blogs and/or reported in the media is wrong. While I would like to be able to talk about this more, until the legal issues are resolved, this is all I can say except that I have not written any messages or made any posts to Facebook, on blogs or any place else. Those posts or writing under my name are frauds."

A spokesperson for Rihanna declined to comment.

Maren

Wow...what happened to innocent before proven guilty? Did anyone think for one second that maybe Rihanna started it..pushed a few buttons and got the situation heated? I don't believe a word the press says and will wait to see what transpires in court before I make my decision, but I feel both parties are incredibly young, talented and intelligent. Everyone has problems, but not everyone has a camera crew following them around to announce it! Geeezz people!

1988 days ago

forceofnature

Wow, looking at some of these comments really shocks me. I cannot believe that anyone would make excuses for a man beating a woman. Now, I am going to wait and hear all the facts through a trial before I condemn anyone, but to say she deserved it because she must have provoked him or that she is a diva makes me realize just how much ignorance is still in this world. NOONE, man or woman deserves to be beaten, provoked or not. If Chris can write lyrics with a pen, you would think he would be able to express himself through words a little better (IF he is guilty, that is)

Q

Yeah, it takes a real man to beat up a girl. Pathetic.

Aly

This guy obviously didn't learn anything from the Brentwood Butcher, OJ. He needs to get some help, fess up and stop trying to look like his Pastor is helping him. Domestic Violence can not be cured by a counseling session with your Pastor. Throw the book at him. Why are we giving this guy press? What a dirt bag.

Q

What a loser. There is no excuse for this type of behavior. I hope Rihanna has enough respect for herself not to go back to him. She could get any guy she wanted.

Nae80

Don't worry bout what took him so long about doin so. Everybody needs to stop acting like he is this big ass woman beater all of a sudden. The media and press are always speculating situations and trying to play detective just to get a story. A story thats probably only 5% true. Im not saying that CB is right, but it would be nice to hear everything that went on. If you knew the system. You would know that in a situation like this you cant say much because its still under investigation. So thats how u know everyone is trying to piece together what happened that night. So if you weren't there sit back and relax and get the facts before u start flapping ya gums. Im a CB fan and i still love his MUSIC and will continue to support him regardless of what everybody thinks or feels.

GothBallerinagirl27

If the herpes story is true then I DO NOT blame this guy for losing his control. I am sure that Miss Rihanna who has always been linked to trouble within JayZ and Beyonces relationship IS NOT innocent and females can provoke a man like nothing else. I am sure he did not lose control 4 nothing. I say this bc I am a female, I deal with true domestic abuse quite often on a legal basis. Some ppl just dont get it verbally, they need their butts kicked. I am curious for the real story from both parties to imerge ...HANG IN THERE Chris!

Law101

Chris,

Knock off your B.S. Your Pastor and your family and friends are going to pat you on the back.
PUHHHHHLLLEEEEZZZZEEEEE, do you think we are all that friggin' stupid?
Sorry to tell ya...uh....NO!!!!!!

You need someone to do to you, what YOU did to Rihanna.

Your "apology" is ridiculous, you did not say you were sorry, it was full of garbled words justifying you and trying to cover YOUR a@@ on posts on boards and facebook.

Your concern SHOULD BE, how you lost control and beat on a woman (NEVER AN EXCUSE FOR THAT).
Not what you have done and not done since the violent attack.....GOOD GRIEF...YOU ARE A TOTAL DUMBA@@!!!!

CHRIS, YOU BLEW IT......WE ALL HAVE CHOICES IN LIFE TO MAKE, YOU MADE YOURS, NOW DEAL WITH IT.

GET PROFESSIONAL HELP REGARDING YOUR ANGER, TO SPARE YOUR NEXT GIRLFRIEND FROM THE SAME PHYSICAL ABUSE RIHANNA IS AND HAS BEEN DEALING WITH.

Like the song by One Republic/w Timbaland goes ....Too Late To Apologize....Too late...eh eh eh......

miss b

no1 knows the real story, besides them both, unless u were there i think ppl shldn't judge wat they don't know. i adore chris brown and i have myself been at the hand of a man so i understand all of wat is bein sed but again no1 was there and i think it is unfair that ppl r downing him like this. until he comes thru 2 the public himself ppl shld bak off. I do believe every1 makes mistakes aswell, if that is the case.. but seriously back off ppl..

gwen

510. why do people make big ass paragraphs like people want to sit there and read the stuff!

STOP WITH THE BIG LONG PARAGRAPHS IT'S USELESS , AND FYI NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR LIFE STORIES, THIS IS ABOUT CHRIS AND RIHANNA.

THE POINT OF MY BIG LONG PARAGRAGH IS TO SHOW THAT ABUSERS HAVE A PATTERN OR BEHAVIOR THAT IS TEXTBOOK. CHRIS BROWN TALKING TO HIS MINISTER IS A COMMON MOVE MADE BY ABUSERS TO TRY AND SHOW THEY ARE TRYING TO CHANGE. MY EMAILS THAT I PUT UP WERE TO SHOW PROBABLY MANY WOMEN WHO READ THIS SITE AND GET ABUSED THAT THIS IS THE B.S. AN ABUSER WILL SAY AND DO TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THEY ARE WORKING ON THEIR ISSUES. THEY USE THE SYSTEM. OF COURSE IN THE CASE OF CHRIS AND RIHANNA THAT IS HIGH PROFILE AND SADLY ABUSE KNOWS NO COLOR, INCOME, STATUS ETC...WOMAN ARE BEING FOOLED ALL THE TIME BY MEN WHO CLAIM THEY HAVE NOW FOUND GOD, THEY ARE JOINING ANGER MANAGEMENT AND WHATEVER ELSE TO STAY OUT OF JAIL. THAT LITTLE POST I PUT UP IS NOTHING COMPARED TO ALL THE OTHER HELLISH THINGS I HAVE ON TAPE AND IN WRITING BUT IF ONE WOMAN READS IT AND SAYS HEY, MY MAN SAID THE SAME THING AND HASN'T CHANGED YET...MY HOPE IS THEY WILL REALIZE THAT "THEIR MAN" WILL PROBABLY NEVER CHANGE.

RIHANNA, YOU CAN BRING DOMESTIC VIOLENCE TO THE FOREFRONT AND BE AN ADVOCATE FOR MANY WOMEN WHO ARE SUFFERING, MUCH LIKE TINA TURNER DID WHEN SHE CAME OUT AND TOLD HER STORY.

stacie

only thing dude is sorry for is getting caught

J

#494 people do not have time to sit and read your novel.

#290 Stop telling people your life story, this is not about you. It’s about Chris and Rhianna.

Half of you on here cannot even spell. Try using spell-check before you post your pathetic comment.

Some of you are talking like you were there and you know for sure that Rhianna cheated on Chris, gave him an STD, beat him first and then Chris knocked her out.
STOP GOSSIPING and go and get a job, go back to school and more importantly get a life. That’s why these websites and gossip magazines make so much money because you eat up the negative gossip and believe everything they tell you. TMZ and every other gossip website said Chris chocked her until she was unconscious, then the injuries were horrific, then her father allegedly says she has a couple of bruises but he hasn’t even seen her yet.
STOP BEING SO NAIVE, these media sources are guessing and exaggerating to get more traffic and readers. ............

The statement Chris put out was written by his PR team, he cannot come out and tell us exactly what happened yet because he is due in court in March. The only people who know what really happened are Chris and Rhianna. Why can’t you wait for the official statement from Chris or Rhianna’s legal representative instead of reading nonsense written by ‘sources’.

DEE

Do you think Jay z was playing.......This was somebody mother, sister, and brother

I want to know why Chris's music is being boycotted. Jay Z alledgely pushed around a woman, stabbed a guy, PDiddy alledgely involved in nightclub shootout, RKelly alledgely piszzzed on a 14 yr old and sex w/her. Kid Rock punched Tommy lee on National TV, Little Kim alledgely withholding information of a shootout, Chris Bale (Batman accused of assaulting his mother and sister......No boycott or withholding of their music. Maybe these things are not as bad as ALLEDGEd assault Rihanna??? It is unfair and double stanadard. Whatever happen to innocent until proven guilty.

The next time an NFL of NBA player is accused of domestic violence or assault, they better be boycotted too.

attracta

EVERYONE SHOULD MIND THERE OWN F**KING BUSINESS AND JUST LET THEM GET OVER THIS WITHOUT THE OPINION OF EVERYBODY ELSE...... HE'S NOT THE FIRST MAN TO DO THIS AND HE WON'T B THE LAST.... WOMEN CAN WIND MEN UP AND PUSH THEM TO THE LIMITS AS MEN CAN DO IT TO WOMEN ASWELL... NOBODY KNOW'S WHAT HAPPENED IN THAT CAR SO UNTIL YOU DO YOU SHOULD KEEP YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF........ THIS KIND OF THING HAPPENS EVERYDAY IN NORMAL PEOPLE'S LIVES AND THE WHOLE WORLD DOESN'T GET UP IN ARMS OVER IT........ SO PEOPLE NEED TO GET THE F**K OVER THIS AND LEAVE BOTH CHRIS BROWN AND RIHANNA THE F**K ALONE TO GET THROUGHT ON THERE OWN WITH EVERYONE'S OPINION

Natalie

This guy needs to FIRE his PR person... taking this long to release a statement- and one that's so cookie-cutter at that.. is just unacceptable. I would have expected his statement to be a bit more personal and delivered a lot sooner!

1987 days ago
Previous 15 Comments | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments