Rihanna's Dad to Chris -- Who Are You?

2/15/2009 12:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rihanna's Dad, Chris BrownRihanna's dad had some choice words about Chris Brown: "You think you know somebody, but you really don't."

Ronald Fenty told People his daughter is healing in Barbados and gives her this gentle caution -- "If it were me, I'd move on."

And famous last words: Fenty said, "They seemed pretty happy."

As we first reported, Brown allegedly struck Rihanna with his fists, bruising her forehead, cheeks, busting her lip, bloodying her nose and biting her fingers and arm. He was arrested for making criminal threats ("I will kill you") but we're told that case is weak. It's more likely he'll be prosecuted for felony domestic violence.

the truth

Good day All;

I wasn't going to comment on this issue unless clear facts and public statements were made. what caught my attention however, was that comment made recently by "THE FACT" (see #3 ). Now please disregard what was said by such an insensate human being. I highly doubt you ('THE FACT") is a citizen of Barbados and just a Chris Brown fan trying to mitigate the entire public outburst. I too am a "Bajan" (Citizen of Barbados) and what you wrote i have trouble understanding, for a country where education is subsidize up to University level you make us (Barbadians) sound rather illiterate. I'm disgusted by your comment and i want other bloggers to know this is coming from a true Bajan (Barbadian). What I can say to everyone however, is, "to let go, and let God" handle this issue...In everything dont become vitriolic, and allow ourselves to be shadowed with such utter rancor over an alleged incident...the truth always has a way to come out...wait for conclusive proof first before we act on something/anything we may regret later...Rihanna & Chris...let Go and Let God...Love you both still

2025 days ago

Angel

I hope we are not sending the wrong message to our teens out there that this is a one sided problem. If Rihanna hit Chris whilst driving to the point he had to stop the car then this abuse seems to be coming from both parties. If Chris hit back this isn't domestic abuse this is self defense thats why its of no suprise this case was sent back for more investigation. If I was Rihanna and I Loved Chris I wouldn't break up with him because of public and family opinion I would seek joint counselling and be willing to help him. For heaven's sake the two of them were friends for much longer than they were lovers, she should be the one to make a decision without feeling the need to satisfy women adovate groups and rights. Rihanna follow your heart, we "ISLANDERS" were taught in prayer to forgive not to chastise even if its going our seperate ways from here.

2025 days ago

kim

God! What a spineless wiener!!

2025 days ago

M48

14. # 3 Oh so glad the injuries were in your words "only minor bruises" so I guess you feel that any bruises put on a woman"s face by a man"s hand if "minor" is saying that this is ok? what because he didn't rip her face off?. Any mark on a woman made by a mans in THIS COUNTRY THE USA is battery. and vice versa... Plan and simple. Maybe you people there think treating woman like punching bags is just par for the course. It;s not here. So stay where you are. We won't miss you.

Posted at 12:51PM on Feb 15th 2009 by ut oh

------------------------------

Agreed. I can't believe this person from her country is trying to down play this. She shouldnt have ANY brusies. It was a oneside fight .

2025 days ago

M48

#34.

Posted at 3:20PM on Feb 15th 2009 by the truth

-------------------------------

CB said sorry. that means he admit to hitting her.''an alleged incident''... do you people really like her or is this just a chance to pretend to ?

2025 days ago

smellmyfinger

If Rhianna went out with a white guy this would never have happened.
Rhianna I'm white and available, and I promise no hitting (well maybe a little spanking here and there).

2025 days ago

M48

I agree that we should forgive but not to make light of the situation. In the end her father fans and countrymen can give support. But its really up to her when she decide to forgive Chris Brown.

2025 days ago

jen

I know someone who was trying to break up a fight a few years ago involving C. Brown & he said C. Brown bit him while trying to break up the fight-he also said C. Brown's father never abused him-C. Brown made that up to make himself look like a victim hoping for sympathy.

2025 days ago

the truth

# 38

You are a prime example why I said have "conclusive proof" before we say or act upon something we may regret. in my quote @ #34:

1) I was speaking in general terms to all of us (thats why the sentence starts with in everything...) giving advice how we should operate hearing breaking news.
2) correction we LOVE Rihanna...but we are not hearing public statements from either CB or Rihanna in person only PR representatives, hence my reason for saying its still alleged...wait until we hear them come forward # 38

2025 days ago

DCinNJ

tmz is stating that she has contusions and black eyes... Not true, her father and grandmother both said that. JayZ did not say Chris was a walking dead man. He said have sympathy for Rihanna. People are painting Chris out to be an inhumane barbaric monster. None of us were there. I think he hit her, but not to the extent that the media is making it seem. Man hitting woman is wrong, but woman hitting man is wrong as well, And for the people blaming Rihanna, I honestly just think she wants to be famous very bad and goes along with whatever her "people" tell her, which is why she would have been fine going along with the whole car accident lie that her publicist put out along with not saying anything when her former publicist (admittedly) told her to change everything about herself from changing her hair to giving up her whole "island" sound that she had when she first came out

2025 days ago

M in Maryland

OK, I am still trying to get my brain around this case and I think
that maybe the reason why Rihanna did not want to call the police after the
attack is because her and Chris have the same agent. Maybe she knew
that the company would not want a scandal. (this may sound
absurd to the average person, but this is a double high profile
situation, with careers at stake, and privacy truly under the
microscope).

I would have shouted it from the highest mountain, but then again, no
one wants to have their picture plastered across the tabloids and news
with a beaten face, maybe she was truly in shock. Regardless, I would had reported the abuse though, and I do understand her doing so the way she finally did.

I am a mom and I really wonder how much her family was REALLY
involved in her life, and to what extent they influenced her celebrity life. 20
years is still young. While you can only control so much in a child's life
when their older, I would had been all up in my child's Corn Flakes.
I'm just saying.

I know people can lose it, but this was well beyond that, anyone to beat someone like this has some
serious issues, period! That said; this was not a reflex shove or a push, he beat the hell out of her. At some
point he had to know he was definitely hurting her, REALLY.

2024 days ago

DCinNJ

Mimi, seriously, you don't know what happened and I don't either. This is ridiculous. People are jumping to conclusions and making it seem like he almost killed her. I am in no way saying that what he did was right, but her FAMILY even said that her injuries were not as big as the media is making it seem. Also, did anyone stop to think: they were going from a pre grammy party to either another party or to the grammys. they would have had security following them. so you're trying to tell me that even though chris brown is beating Rihanna causing swelling, breaking her nose and such, and she's screaming, her body guards are just sitting there watching from the car? he definately would have been able to hit her a few times hard enough to bruise her, but to beat her "to a pulp"? come on people. put your thinking caps on. He is in the wrong and deserves to be punished to the very extent of the law for what he did, but the things people are saying are not the things that he did.

2024 days ago

M in Maryland

DCinNJ,

I do see your point, but I suspect the word "horrific" injuries just swims around in my mind, plus the fact that the police did not wait for the ambulance to get her care. This was not normal procedure, I think they believed she was in grave danger. And then there is Chris' absence from the media and his own half ass statement or media spin that speaks volumes.

I do think that something terrible happened to her. Maybe her family is trying to protect their daughter by minimizing the damage by what they are saying to the media. No one wants to admit such a horrible act was done to their child, especially knowing she may had been previously attacked. This is not the kind of attention a family wants for their celebrity daughter. I'm sure they are being advised both by Rihanna's agency as well as legally.

As far as their security, this does cause me to ponder. Although some people do not react as we think we would, or how we think they should, they were in fact employees hired to protect the couple from others, maybe they gave them privacy in the car and did not know what was going on inside, or maybe they did not feel so sure of the danger from within the car. More facts will have to come out to explain their non-interference or involvement when the couple got out of the car, or when Chris did his 'Run it.'.

At any rate; I do not want to see anyone's life or career permanently damaged, but Chris looks like he has already made that decision for himself by his assault on this woman.

Just my .2

2024 days ago

SHANISSA

YA'LL NEED TO SHUT UP!!!! EVEYBODY THINK THEY KNOW EVERYTHING..THEY BOTH WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAPPENED.. DON'T JUST BLAME ONE PERSON... RIHANNA HAS HER SHARE OF WRONG IN THE SITUATION.. NOBODY KNOWS WHAT SHE DID TO MAKE HIM THAT M AD CAUSE CHRIS IS A NICE PERSON..SHE MAKING HIM SEEM SO BAD BUT HE'S NOT..I LOVE BOTH OF THEM NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS I'M GONE ALWAYS BE HERE FOR THEM.....AND CHRIS BROWN MUSIC DOESN'T SUCK....

2024 days ago

M in Maryland

SHANISSA,

LOL; Chris' music couldn't suck more right now then if it was a bong,
and he was Phelps hitting it.

Btw; glad Phelps got off, that was some BS anyway, unlike this case.

2024 days ago