Rihanna

The Face of a

Battered Woman

2/22/2009 12:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained a photo of Rihanna taken after Chris Brown allegedly beat her.

Battered Woman
The LAPD has just released this statement.

ZenInCalifornia

TMZ.....You are continuing to ABUSE her by posting this picture....Enough is Enough....Take It Down!

LOKI

58...Copkiller??

I'll bet your a little bitch who still lives with his parents.

LOKI

gojoe

@ #57: LYN, YOUR LIFE IS REALLY REALLY REALLY FAKE! JUST KILL YOURSELF ALREADY!

nyc

CopKiller = Idiot.

jenneifer

#65 SHE MAY HAVE THE TATTO BUT THAT NOT EVEN HER FACE. THEY SO EDITED THE PIC AND IF THIS REALLY WAS THE PICK I WOULD EVERYWHERE. ITS ONLY ON TMZ!

2073 days ago

yer mom's soo effin hot!!

She's clearly the better artist. Jealousy might play a role in this kind of violent relationship.

Kelly

Any man that does this is a straight up pus*y. DO NOT GET BACK WITH HIM.

Sharona

As a woman, I feel as though I am violating this woman's privacy by just logging on to TMZ. That said, I would love to be alone with Chris Brown in a room for five minutes with my two favorite bad boys, Montana Mike and Big John.

Venom

I love Rihanna and I am a fan and I support TMZ putting this photo up.
For the people supporting Chris Brown and saying that it is no big deal, this shows that it is a big deal.
This is the face of a battered woman.
If he could do this in LA on a public street, then what is he capable of doing in private?
He needs to do some serious prison time for this.

sara Getsinger

She looks horrible, I hope she is smart and stays away from that loser. I think abusive men are better off dead.

John

By TMZ disabling the right click option now, it's encouraged me to steal their content and post it on my blog! haha

jenneifer

PHOTOSHOPEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
PHOTOSHOPEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
PHOTOSHOPEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

horse

Seriously, I don't see any difference..she just wear no make up.

Niccy

# 35 it is her and she does have the shoulder Tatt as can be seen in other photos prior to what this a**hole did to her! I hope she tells him to get lost and presses charges against him - he doesnt deserve her!

Janey

For those questioning it, his people put out a statement just a short time ago on behalf of him where he admitted to doing it and said he was sorry, blah, blah, blah, and getting help, etc. Isn't that what all abusers say in order to hopefully not get charged. Also, she was supposedly quoted as saying he has done it all along in their relationship but it has kept escalating over time, which is usually the case with abusers. And if she does go back, that is not that unusual either. Women sometimes stay with abusers a lifetime because of their lack of self worth or confidence or such.