Rihanna

The Face of a

Battered Woman

2/22/2009 12:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained a photo of Rihanna taken after Chris Brown allegedly beat her.

Battered Woman
The LAPD has just released this statement.

debra d

She can't be serious about taking him back! Please say she understands other girls and women are looking at her, and her message to take him back is TERRIBLE!!! I'll boycott her music forever if she stays with him. She might not survive the next attack - and there will be more, especially if she let's him get away with it.

Alley

OMG I CNT BELIEVE HE DID THAT TO HER I FEEL SO BAD FOR HER N HOPE SHES DOIN BETTER CUZ THE DAMAGE HE CAUSED HER IS UNFORGETTABLE.....HE SHOULD LISTEN TO HIS OWN LYRICS MAN THATS JUS RIDICULOUS AND UNNECESSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carissa

OMG!!! You guys are never going to believe this. Some of you may already know but Rihanna is already back with him. At least that's what I heard. Poor girl. So is so nieve ( bad spelling) She is going to go back to that selfish women beating bad singer thug wannabe. That sentence was really stupid, I know. Well, we hope you the best Rihanna. And don't go back to Chris.

alisha

Listen to oprah girl....they will hit again....been there done that......and it doesn't make them a better person for excepting there apology, it makes them stronger. She needs to show him that she is in control of her life not anyone eles and until she can stand up to him and walk away is when she will regain her dignity and self respect back

spoken like a true life victume of life

A Domestic Violence Victim too

I have two names for Rihanna... OJ Simpson and Nicole Brown Simpson. I know she was too young when OJ killed Nicole. Her police picture when OJ beat her looks eerily similar. Run, Rihanna and don't look back. Nothing you do should ever result you you being beaten by anyone! I know from experience! Don't wait until it is too late. I don't care how cute he is... his actions made him a very ugly man now.

A Domestic Violence Victim too

PS... She needs to read the OJ case file. I guess it does not matter if you are rich, famous and beautiful... you are still not immune. Honey, listen to the words of wisdom and move on with your life. There are so many men who would treat you like you should be treated... with love and respect! Oprah is right... if they hit you once, they will hit you AGAIN! He obviously has no anger managements control because he did not even think of the consequences of his actions even with the Grammy's scheduled for the next day.

Kristy

She looks terrible in that photo. It's a darn shame that everybody just sees her injuries & doesn't see what she did to start that crap. SHE PUT HER HANDS ON HIM FIRST...I'm a woman & I'll be the first to tell you...IF A WOMAN PUTS HERSELF IN A MANS PLACE & HITS HIM...I BELIEVE HE HAS EVERY RIGHT TO RETALIATE IN THE SAME EXACT WAY. I mean come on ladies...ARE WE REALLY THAT STUPID TO THINK WE CAN KICK THEIR HIND ENDS? Men are just stronger than we are...REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU THINK OF YOURSELF, HE'S STRONGER!!! I spent my entire childhood in corn fields, tobacco fields, hellacious gardens...I'M VERY STRONG NATURALLY...BUT STILL CAN'T KICK A MANS BUTT NOR WOULD I ATTEMPT IT. I think, although he went a bit too far, she deserved most of it for putting her hands on him first.

Kristy

YOU POSTED AS FOLLOWS:
6978. pls i will beg that rihanna to pls forgive chris i know it a stupid to beat a woman but pls a beg all the super stars to hlep chris to beg rihanna to forgive him
because i know if rihanna did not forgive him chris is in biggggggggggggggg danger

Posted at 9:11AM on Mar 10th 2009 by kelly igbins

MY QUESTION IS THIS...
SAY WHAT?

Birdman

Rihanna:

Put this picture in your pocket, purse, wallet, whatever. Whenever you think you love him enough to forgive him, that you provoked him and had it coming, that he'll never do it again, pull this picture out and take a good long look.

Don't forget.

No one deserves this.

crazy

wtf If he were not in hollywood and in the dirty south he would have his ass beat southern style!!!!!!!!!!

Deanne

TMZ is ruthless. This isn't about caring about people nor trying to help either one of them. This is a BEAT DOWN. I will not be logging into your space again.

unknownzero1

Holly snap! What was the fight about anyways?

leanna

my gaD? wtf.. watta? cant believe.. i pretty admire ChriS.. and i really dont expect this tu happen.. he's an ass!

Cassidy!

PHOOOTOOOOSHOOOOOP !:D

Jessica

this website makes me sick......what gives you the right to post this picture? take it down already.