Sheryl Crow: That Bailout Cash Wasn't Enough!

2/25/2009 6:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sheryl Crow is looking for even more money -- but this time, it ain't yours.

Sheryl Crow: Click to watch
The same day TMZ broke the story about Northern Trust using bailout money to pay her for a private concert, Crow was in D.C., urging Congress to force radio stations to pay artists when they play their music.

Who Caresss!!!

CRACKHEAD WHITNEY'S COUSIN IS THERE... DIONNE WARWICK. DAMN SHE MUST BE DESPERATE TO SHOW UP EVERYWHERE THESE DAYS. NO ONE CARES ABOUT HER OLD ASS. AS FOR SHERYL CROW, MISS HYPOCRITE. NO WONDER SHE WAS IN WASHINGTON... BEGGING FOR MORE DAMN MONEY. THE BAILOUT WASN'T ENOUGH???

BITCH PLEAAAASSSZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STEVO

I will have to agree with #38. Half of you people are not in any kind of music business, so you don't know the reality. Radio stations pay artists to play their songs. After you pay promoters, booking agents, roadies, sound people, lighting. There isn't a bunch left. You make your money on merchandise, and record sales. With today's downloads, and sharing, the artist don't make anything, unless you are the Rolling Stones or a band of that caliber. My band is up and coming and it's hard to make any money. So, I think that the radio stations should pay to play your music. They make soooo much money from selling air advertisements, they can afford it. Without any good music to play on their stations, you wouldn't tune in.
That's just my opinion.

lat

Is she high?? Artists usually get their break by releasing demos to radio stations in hopes of getting air time which means exposure which could make a career. If a radio station were forced to pay for a song, then that would force out some of the more obscure artists out there. I can't stand when these famous people forget what gave them their exposure. I remember an interview Sheryl Crow gave when she said that the first time she heard her song played was while she was driving in Beverly Hills listening to the radio. My how she forgets what got her to where she is. I say that from this day forward all RADIO STATIONS NEED TO BAN SHERYL CROW!!!!!! Me personally, I have just deleted all her songs off my IPOD!!! Ms. Crow, doesn't Congress have more important things to deal with right now?????

buzz1234

WTF....So, let me get this Straight...The Man She wanted for President believes in Capping Salaries on people who make 500,000 or more, who are regular suits...and O also, is going to raise taxes on those who make $250,000 or more...

And She wants CLEAR CHANNEL to Go Broke by Paying Artists to PLay Music...Really??? So, I guess the Goverment can control the Airwaves at that point....

This Country is Going COMMIE for Sure....

vixis

I think ALL RADIO STATIONS ACROSS THIS COUNTRY SHOULD BAN SHERYL CROW MUSIC!!! INDEFINITELY!!!

Buster

#44 "Without any good music to play on their station, you wouldn't tune in."
That is assuming that are playing good music now. What is the name of your band so I can download you for free.
Radio stations play a flat fee to play music already. If you are not getting your share they bring it up with whoever owns the rights to your music distribution.
Concentrate on playing the music rather than selling t shirts. If you are good then you can be the rockstar that sounds like you are trying to be. If you want to be a musician, then you can do it and even have a full time job.

Oh and Cheryl Crow needs to pay me to listen to her crap.

Boo Hoo

Some of us worry about keeping our jobs and how we are going to put food on the table and I guess others are more worried about where their next million is coming from. My adivice, QUIT BOTHERING CONGRESS RIGHT NOW ABOUT CRAP, THEY HAVE BETTER THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT RIGHT NOW LIKE HOW TO KEEP OUR COUNTRY FROM GOING DOWN THE CRAPPER!!

me!

I would pay to not have her s***** music get any plays on the radio. Honestly if her stupid idea was to go through no one would play her stuff. I mean it would be great to not hear her music, but seriously, radio stations try so hard to make money for themselves. She's just a greedy has-been.

Reynaldo

Talk about greedy!!!! Wonder how she would make it if she had to work at regular jobs like many Americans who don't get compensated for everything that they do AND that they by all moral rights are entitled to????? Maybe if she were a decent recording artist, she could make a living and not try to squeeze nickels out of ridiculous requests. She's a joke!!!! IF it's the economy that's fueling her fire, why don't she try to live and choose between what is needed and what can be paid like ordinary people do everyday of their lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She and many other "celebrities" need to come back down to earth, and remember where they came from!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Cosby

I agree that Sheryl Crow is a complete hack who makes sub par music. BUT!!! Bands do not make most of their money from CD sales like so many on here have said. In fact they make a few cents per sale tops. They make their big money from tours, not music sales. And btw, the radio stations DO GET PAID! They have in the past (payola) and in a sense they do now. For instance, if you have a band the radio wont even pay attention to you unless you pay a minimum of $30,000 a month to your publicity agent who then "pimps" your stuff to the radio as well as other slimy media outlets. That's the reality of it from someone who knows because I've been in this business for many years.

Shay

You know she doesn't do it for the fans! GREEDY!

celebutaunter77

Ya, ummm, I'll take that idea to heart Sheryl, just like your "Everyone should use only ONE square of toilet paper to help save the planet". Wow, you and your ideas blow.

GGG

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. MY OPINION OF CROW HAS PERMANENTLY CHANGED FOR THE WORSE. I WILL NO LONGER BUY ANY OF HER MUSIC OR SUPPORT HER IN ANY WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abel Tsegga

The Borgen Project has some good info on the cost of addressing global poverty.

$30 billion: Annual shortfall to end world hunger.
$550 billion: U.S. Defense budget

shannonr

You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!! As if the millions and millions of dollars they get from the sales of their albums arent enough??? What a bitch! Hey maybe the people who actually enjoy her music should stop buying her albums or anything associated with her way of making a damn good living. Then maybe she will start feeling the hit of the economy as us "normal working folk". How many Americans are out of a jobs? Count your blessings Sheryl, stop being a greedy bitch!