Rihanna Wants Right to Remain Silent ... in Court

3/14/2009 2:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

RihannaSources connected with Chris Brown and Rihanna tell TMZ Brown's lawyer, Mark Geragos, wants the judge to give Rihanna a pass from testifying because of leaks in the case.

We're told Geragos and Rihanna's lawyer, Donald Etra, believe Rihanna was compromised when her name surfaced as the alleged victim in the beating. They claim this and other leaks violate her privacy rights and therefore she should not have to further put herself out to the public by testifying against Brown in the case.

It's further proof Rihanna and Brown are back together and in lockstep.

Geragos asked to meet with the judge in chambers, along with the prosecutors, on March 23 to discuss letting Rihanna off the hook. Brown's arraignment is set for April 6.

M

She should not have to testify if she does not want to. Her reason for not are all her own. I just hope she doesn't end up in real bad shape one day, but in all honesty, I have no idea what happened that night and maybe she doesn't want people to know either.

Michael Madsen

Mom: Have you finished your pie, Booger?
Boo: Yup.
Mom: How was it?
Boo: It tasted real good. And it had corn in it. I like corn.
Mom: Momma knows what Booger likes.
Boo: I can't feel my toes.

Pixelz

Ummmmmmmm not an eye witness............. just a passer bye............. and DID ANY OF YOU REALLY THINK SHE WAS GOING TO TESTIFY? Her ISH would be out for the whole world to see and hear as well... Just because she crys wolf doesnt mean that her background of violence WONT come to light.... its already seeping out. SHE WAS BEATING ON HIM FOR OVER A YEAR BEFORE THIS!! NOT the orther way around! So what move on............

Buster

This seriously reminds me of Kobe Bryants wife after he cheated on her, she kisses his ass in public as if he is a victim. Have some friggen dignity. No wonder overweight ugly ass white chicks are so attracted to black men. If you have the dignity of a doormat then have at it.

Layla

DamnFunny: Mom, What's a Douchebag?
Mama: Hhmm, why do you ask, my little bunny rabbit?
DamnFunny: Because when I was in the bathroom at school today spanking my monkey, I heard some kids call me that.
Mama: Pookie Poo!!! I told you never to do that at school!! Wait until you get home and Mama will help you!!

QE2

I can see why Rihanna would prefer to keep her privacy, but why can't the judge just close the court and forbid anyone from talking? With jail time for breaking that court order. I don't think a regular person would be excused from testifying--the court would just be sealed.

I think Brown should agree to a plea to get this over with. If that means jail, just do the time. No matter who struck first he totally escalated the violence. She was battered. He wasn't.

hollieberrie27

I think it is very wrong of her to take him back she is like conding the beating of women it is not like he just slapped her onlyit was a brutal attack that when she tried to guard herself he even bit her and left her there even after he beat her instead of taking him back she shoud have started a cause such has something called FIRST TIME LAST TIME cause most women who are beaten say that wa sthe first time that he ever hit me so i will give him another chance and almost all the time they get beaten again she has aLOT of young children that look up to her and she took that on herself as being a role model and a cover girl ad spokeswoman and she should act like ONE now when a man beats a woman and they wont take them back they will most likely say you are no better the RHINNA and she took chris back i AM A MOTHER OF A soon to be teenage daughter and I see how she has reacted to all this and it is sad SHE SHOULD LOOK AT IT AT THE POINTOF CARING FOR HER FANS SINCE SHE DOESN'T SEEM TO CARE ABOUT HER OWN WELFARE. He will hit her again and he is ony trying to save his on career at the expense of her welfare and her career. this is a sad situation and she should NOT TAKE HIM BACK .

Pixelz

BTW CRY ME A RIVER... I am a WHITE CHICK and I am neither over weight nor ugly ass! And you know what WHITE GUYS SUCK as partners... at least the ones I have dated!! Atleast my husband ( A Black Man ) Is as fine as hell and real good to me..........You are just pissed because plainly no man want to be with your ugly ass so you want ot blaim the whtie chicks..... Ooops another black man YOU AINT GETTIN'.... LOSER!!!

C

Who cares if she testifies? She's just going to get the hell beat out of her again. They should just drop all the charges if she's going to be that stupid. Then at least we wouldn't have to hear any more about this crap and he can beat her in private.

Me

What a crock of hooey. Rather than come out and state that she doesn't want to pursue this...and make the victim look like the ASS she is...the two attorneys have gone into cahoots to put a spin on this and make it look like it's all about "violation of privacy rights."

So, Geragos and Etra, how does it feel to know that you'll be responsible for other beatings, solely because you didn't talk some sense into this broad about testifying instead of playing this spin game? And how does it feel to know she may wind up dead because of your legal posturing in the name of "representation" of two idiots?

Michael Madsen

DF: Thanks for the advice, Momma. Oh, Momma?
M: Yes, Dammy?
DF: Who's that tiny little man in the bra and panties waiting in the hall?
M: Why that's Booger, Dammy.
DF: Booger? Why's he wearing girl's undies, Momma?
M: Well... okay, uh it's like this, Dammy. Booger's confused about his sexuality.
DF: He doesn't look confused, he seems to really be enjoying licking our dog's *alls.

hate her

QE2-I DISAGREE WITH YOU. I DON'T THINK THAT HE ESCALATED ANYTHING. ARE YOU PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTANDING THIS GIRL WAS ALL OVER HIM. WHAT IN THE HELL CAN YOU DO IF YOU ARE DRIVING AND SOMEONE IS BEATING THE HELL OUT OF YOU. EVERYBODY KNOWS NOW THAT SHE HAS BEEN BEATING HIM THROUGHOUT THE RELATIONSHIIP. JUST HOW MUCH IS HE SUPPOSED TO TAKE. A PERSON LIKE HER WOULD DO ANTHING TO KEEP HIM AT HER PREY. READ ABOUT HER, PLEASE GUYS. LITTLE BY LITTLE THINGS ARE COMING OUT. SHE'S A VIOLENT PERSON GUYS!!!SORRY TO SAY IT, BUT SHE IS. THOSE BRUISES COULD HAVE VERY WELL COME FROM THE EXCHANGE OF BLOWS FROM MAN TO WOMAN IN THAT TINY CAR. THERE ARE SO MANY WAYS THAT SHE COULD HAVE BEEN INJURED WHILE HAVING A KNOCK-DROWN, DRAGOUT FIGHT WITH A MAN LIKE THE DASHBORD, THE WINDOW. WHATEVER. JUST REMEMBER, SHE TOOK THE KEYS OUT OF THE IGNITION AFTER SHE SAYS THAT HE PUNCHED HER REPEATEDLY, SO WHO IS REALLY ESCALATING IT? THINK ABOUT IT!!! RIHANNA IS LYING.

kim

#14 by DamnFunny.....THAT WAS DAMN FUNNY!!!

Layla

Sorry, DF...that wasn't me in the bra and panties....that was your mama. I know she's built like a dude, so I understand the confusion, I was turned off at first, myself....but hey, she slobs my knob like a starved stray dog.

Point for Booger...your move.

Harriet

Rihanna is a lovely young woman and there will be hundreds of young men wanting a relationship with her. Chris has beaten her once and perhaps more than once. He will do it again. I have no doubt of that. She is ruining herself in the public eye. I hope that life with Chris will be worth it. I don't think that it will be.