Garrett's Racist Taunts: 'Wear the Turban!'

4/15/2009 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Brad Garrett ignited a new racial firestorm yesterday when the giant actor dropped some serious slurs at a paparazzo during a heated argument in the middle of the street.

We don't know what set off the scuffle, but Garrett can be clearly heard saying, "Wear the turban! Wear the turban!" People had to restrain both Garrett and the photog from attacking each other, but eventually Brad got into his car and drove off.

A rep for Garrett was not immediately available for comment.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Bex

How is that racist?

SocialistCowardicePigs

Hey TMZ, our VICE PRESIDENT said the exact same thing about employees at 7/11's. I must have missed your reporting on that.

Divashels

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA GOOD BRAD LOVE YA FOR SAYIN IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND HE WAS BEING NICER THAN I WOULD HAVE BEEN

Victoria

It's not racist....it's the plain and simple truth..

I'm puking

Joe Biden said the same thing about gas station workers while on the campaign and he's the vice president!!! Weird how you folks at TMZ missed that one. But Brad Garrett saying it, that's news!!!!

joly

morons - he's referring to the paps as terrorists - so he's saying "wear the turban" to go along with their terroristic acts! DUH!!

Prince Von A-Hole

Gee I wonder who started that. Lovable Brad driving down the road minding his own business or the terrorest Pap who jumped out in front of his moving car for a photo.

offtheproperty

what s wrong w that?

Anon

Why do they want to take his picture in the first place? He's like C-list celebrity....????!!!!

fred shepard

Did I not see the PAP grab at his privates toward Mr. Garrett ?????? In some cultures It would be taken as a insult it appeared the PAP started this ruckus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He got what he deserved.

I'm puking

TMZ must think Garrett's a Republican, because when the V-I-C-E P-R-E-S-I-D-E-N-T said essentially the same thing it was all good!! Way to show your true colors yet again TMZ

fans of President Obama

My wife "wears the turban" but only during role-play when we convert the living room into a Moroccan harem. When she "wears the turban", it makes me happy :-)

Larry Hagman

Tho' I agree with the sentiment, this fool is just a one show talentless hack !!!

Julia

#7 said it all, what he said is NOT racist

h20

What do you expect when you follow people around shoving cameras in their faces and asking about their personal lives? Paps should be able to take it if they're going to dish it out.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments