Garrett's Racist Taunts: 'Wear the Turban!'

4/15/2009 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Brad Garrett ignited a new racial firestorm yesterday when the giant actor dropped some serious slurs at a paparazzo during a heated argument in the middle of the street.

We don't know what set off the scuffle, but Garrett can be clearly heard saying, "Wear the turban! Wear the turban!" People had to restrain both Garrett and the photog from attacking each other, but eventually Brad got into his car and drove off.

A rep for Garrett was not immediately available for comment.

NADA

I DONT CARE IF HE SAID IT! THE MAN HAS A RIGHT TO HIS OWN OPINIONS! I AM ALSO NOT MAD AT MICHAEL RICHARDS (SEINFELD) FOR HIS COMMENTS EITHER......THESE GUYS SHOULD NEVER APOLOGISE FOR THEIR COMMENTS...THEY SHOULD STAND BY THEIR COMMENTS.....EVERY BODY IS GUILTY OF RESENTING OTHER CULTURES AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER...THEY JUST HAPPENED TO SAY WHAT MOST PEOPLE ARE THINKING!

Rap sucks

No, actually is pretty racist screw racists!

Echo

I don't feel like I'm racist, (i hate everyone equally) but I could imagine a bunch of smack coming out of my mouth if I was constantly bothered by paps. I can't blame the guy, even if its wrong...

Michael Madsen

REUTERS - BREAKING NEWS------------------------

Steven Spielberg has just secured thr rights to the Brad Garret "Turban" incident and has already had the film written and produced. The premier will be held this evening in the back room at Mr. Chows.

Brad Garret and Billy the Pap - Turban-fight at the Jihad Corral

starring Ray Romano as the Pap and Ron Jeremy as Brad Garret

NatTurner

Thanks again

Posted at 3:30PM on Apr 15th 2009 by Barack the Magic Fraud

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So what you are saying Magic fraud is that Garrett's racist rant is quite charming? Is it normal? If my reaction to it is moronic and you cant associate evil with racism...i'd like for you to define it big guy? C'mon, take a shot at back peddling and rationalizing racism. I know a few people that try and I want you to take a crack. I cant wait. Please, please rationalize this racism for me and put a positive spin on it. The men that killed EmmetT Till put a positive spin on what they did too. I know, I know..hard to believe huh? Actually, I believe you can do it. I'm not surprised at all.

So prove I am moronic for calling Garrett a typical racist and prove his actions are not evil. I will wait.

Wow

Some of you commenters lack brains. If you are so against the paps, why are you on TMZ, a website that basically prints pap videos and photos. Stupid hypocrites.

Britt

I don't see anything wrong with what Brad said or did... These PaPa-terrorists just look for a fight to get fame and money that's complete BS... They are stalkers and pose a danger to our society...

Michael Madsen

First of all... Mr garret said, and I quote: "Wear the Turban." This comment, in itself, is not racist. It is, in fact a fragmented response and not an 'Initiated" comment. In other words, Mr. Garret is responding to something this PAP said....
By the tone103. Hahhhahahaa,,,,my friend, lmao. I see you got the message to come to this one and post more of your racist rants. Lmao, this "white devil" is not blue eyed but loves to see everyone of your moronic posts. They make me laugh when I want to cry at where this country is headed!!
Thanks again

Posted at 3:30PM on Apr 15th 2009 by Barack the Magic Fraud

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So prove I am moronic for calling Garrett a typical racist and prove of Mr. Garret's fragmented response it follows that the disgruntled Pap may have used his religion to make a point and Mr. Garret was simply saying "If you're so proud of your religion... "Wear The Turban!"
Mr. Garret could have been calling this disgruntled Pap out.
Neither evil or racist....
I hope you're satisfied, Queto.

Joann

Brad Garrett knows the only way he can get attention these days is to dump on a person's ethnicity. I am waitin for him to dump on the gays. Maybe if the paps ignore him, he will go away.

Michael Madsen

Last trsnsmission got screwed.... here it is Q.....

First of all... Mr garret said, and I quote: "Wear the Turban." This
comment, in itself, is not racist. It is, in fact a fragmented
response and not an 'Initiated" comment. In other words, Mr. Garret
is responding to something this PAP said....
Based on Mr. Garret's fragmented response it follows that the disgruntled
Pap may have used his religion to make a point and Mr. Garret was
simply saying "If you're so proud of your religion... "Wear The
Turban!"
Mr. Garret could have been calling this disgruntled Pap out.
Neither evil or racist....
I hope you're satisfied, Queto.

Barb

Crossed a big line here. Saying crap like that is never warranted. No longer a fan, I promise to never support a movie you are in or watch a TV show, and to complain to any sponsors who do.

Vix aka Team Aniston

ha Ha HA! I can see Brad's point, very clearly *wink* So, he was ragging on those who wear rags, so what?

Vix aka Team Aniston

I say, keep Hollering, Brad. The rest of America backs you up!

LST

If you think this is racist
you have sand in your vag

bob

BRAD, most of these new PAPARAZZIS are GANG MEMBERS WITH CAMERAS INSTEAD of GUNS ,STALKING THE HOLLYWOOD COMMUNITY, WHERES THE D.A. ,NOT DOING THERE JOB,GET THESE NEWER PAPS OUT OF THE COUNTRY,NO PAPERS,