Aerosmith -- Sell-Outs Still Have to Pay

4/26/2009 5:14 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

AerosmithIt's nice to see a band own up to selling out... even if it takes two years and a class action lawsuit filed by your own fans before you do it.

Aerosmith has announced plans to play a free concert for 8,300 fans in Maui -- but this is no handout -- because these people were the ones burned after the band canceled a 2007 show (sorry, no refunds) in order to play for some high-paying corporate big wigs... aka the "man."

The angered fans had tried to sue the band for lost costs, but it looks like all will be forgiven if the concert, which will take place in the fall after Aerosmith's North American tour, actually happens this time.

You know, assuming some insurance company doesn't want the band to play at a corporate luncheon or something.

Sarah

They're at it again. Four postponments since July 1, 2009, citing an artist injury. Let's hope they're more on the ball about rescheduling this time.

The REAL DEAL

I hope there is plenty of Geritol backstage for this band to prevent any un-foreseen issues resulting in yet another cancellation.

Linda Mott

They made a commitment and then planned to go to Chicago to play for more money. This isn't right and shows a lack of character.

Keifer not ok

I agree with Linda. And I wonder if they were aware it was a no refund policy in Maui before they decided to go for the corporate gig. Probably they just didn't care one way or the other. Obviously they are so used to having their ancient asses kissed that they could care less about anyone that has only one house or , God forbid, pays rent! ;)
And we know plastic surgery costs plenty.

wiredshut

They threw in a make up date in Chicago just before the trek out here then announced the cancellation saying they didn't have time to get the equipment out here in time...total BS and everyone knew it...I was a ticket holder and these guys can kiss my ass....

KELC

I love Aerosmith!!!

whateveryousay

G R E E D.

Michele in Ohio

How disappointing. I hadn't heard about this. I love the band's music, but if this happened to me, I sure as heck wouldn't want another show, I'd want my money back AND another show.

Djdeej94

The fans deserved this much respect! Celebrities WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING if it were NOT for the fans. Aerosmith, you owned up to your stupid mistake.. good job.