« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jayson Williams' Attorney: He Was Not Suicidal

4/27/2009 5:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We just spoke to the attorney of Jayson Williams -- the former New Jersey Net that was tasered early this morning after an alleged NY hotel freak-out. He's playing down the cops' claims that Jayson was "suicidal."

Joe Hayden tells us Jayson -- who is currently under evaluation at St. Vincent's Hospital -- "has no knowledge of a suicide attempt or being suicidal" and is at the medical facility for a "medical condition."

Hayden also said Jayson "has not been arrested."

Earlier today, sources told us a woman called 911 on Jayson at 4:28 AM, saying he was causing a disturbance -- and that alcohol or prescription drugs were involved.

Cops later confirmed empty prescription drug bottles were found at the scene -- and that they had to Taser Jayson, handcuff him and ship him over to St. Vincent's for psychological evaluation.

He said, she said...

UPDATE: Sources say Williams will be staying in the hospital overnight for observation.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

bitzod

FRESH MEAT...I`am so in LOVE>

1949 days ago

Hi_Hater

Well you idiots put it out there like gospil.

1949 days ago

R.J. Johnson

gospil? is that a new medicine in tablet form?

1949 days ago

Hi_Hater

My bad, I misspelled it "Gospill" and TMZ is the pharmacist.

1949 days ago

canuckinus

I hope that he is doing okay and that he realizes that there is so much beauty in life and that he will never know what the future holds unless he gets the help he needs...I hope you have a good support system in place that doesn't judge but loves

1949 days ago

um, no thanks

As often as Tasors are used it makes one wonder how we ever got by with out them.
Have they helped with the use of resisting arrest charges, suspects being shot, police brutality charges,
violent arrest, people being beaten?
No, which leads one to wonder if some may be abusing the use of them.
They can be extremely dangerous and some police would just as soon tasor people as give them a verbal
warning. It must be kind of fun to some people to use them.
You don't want to get pulled over by someone who just got off the phone arguing with the utility company or his wife, that's for sure.
I imagine they are used most often on people who they think will be least likely to hire representation to defend themselves.

1949 days ago

Granny Pants

MAY THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE CHOKE AND DIE. FROM MY LIPS TO GOD'S EARS.

1949 days ago

jason

This guy fell from grace - give him a break!

1948 days ago

Ya Think

Jayson Williams is being haunted by the ghost of Gus Christofi. I hope Jayson hears that man's pleading voice every waking moment, and I hope he sees that man's dying face every night in his sleep. IF there is a God, I hope he keeps Gus Christofi's dying face in Jayson Williams' dreams for the rest of his miserable, wretched life.

Karma's a real bi+ch, Jayson. And I hope it chases you around until you turn that shotgun on yourself.

1948 days ago

Terri

Where the Fahuck are the comments from this morning? Oh my bad, guess that was the "old" version of the story huh? I already said in that post, it was not a suicide attempt and I bet alcohol and drugs were involved. BINGO. I'll put away my crystal ball now. LMAO

By the way, while I am always a critic of Artie Help because I believe he is a liar, I'm positive that is NOT his post up there as #2 (nor is it mine ArtieMike so don't even accuse me). Artie never signs his name in all caps so whomever you are posing as him.....caught ya!

1948 days ago