« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Accused of Barroom Beatdown ... Again

4/27/2009 5:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Shaun PhillipsSan Diego Chargers linebacker Shaun Phillips must really be pissed about how the season ended -- he keeps getting into fights ... allegedly.

For the second time in a month, cops responded to a barroom fight involving Phillips. This time, Phillips was accused of punching a security guard in the face at a SD bar early Saturday morning.

Phillips claims he did nothing wrong and surveillance video at the bar will prove his story.

Earlier this month, another bar security guard claimed Phillips choked and punched him. Phillips was not cited or taken into custody for that incident.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

jim hartman

Put the idiot away. I am so sick of these guys getting a free pass each time they mess up. They will never learn until they do some real damage to someone and then it will be too late.

1949 days ago

Jake

This isn't shocking....another black man violent....next

1949 days ago

Just my opinion

funny nico!

1949 days ago

theman

I sense a lot suppressed racism from you guys. I think people hate it because these young athletes make more in a year than most Americans ever will in their entire life. Having money means having freedom in this country and many people hate to see young wealthy "minorities" have the freedom to live where they want, buy what they want and say what they want. If I offended someone, good, then maybe you'll think about it before you make any more ignorant comments.

1949 days ago

RockStar 666

HALO,
I think what people hate to see are sports figures who think they can do what they want because they can catch a football or bounce a ball down the court. Obviously he makes more then most in a year...including me, but that doesn't mean he is above the law and has no one to answer to.

First time maybe a mistake, second time not so much.

1948 days ago

OCD

Ah, beer, bars and beatdowns. How about some steroids with that?

1948 days ago

Max61

...........HALO...@ 9:54 pm................Your intent is to offend someone?...............Wow, neat mental attitude...................Most people do not like others who act like a stupid little twit, who happen to have, so called, "money" ..........Do you know the starting salary for an average NFL player?..............."That" is not that much money...............I will let you go look it up...............Oh, and by the way, it works that way whether they are black, white, or green.............Racism, comes from people like you, suppressed or not...............Don't confuse racism with intolerance of stupidity....................It just so happens that a very large number of the stupid twits are black aren't they...................Well, most of us post the same remarks when the stupid twits are white or green....................And with you, HALO, I sense a suppressed desire of the money, money you may not have acquired yet.........

1948 days ago

theman

#8, you just made HALO's point you fool. You say skin color doesn't matter, but you the you make the following statement, "It just so happens that a very large number of the stupid twits are black aren't they". #8, nice try, at least take the swastika off before masquerading as a humanitarian. I think HALO struck a nerve with a few folks on here from seeing the hateful remarks posted in the comments.

1948 days ago

Max61

......................cosign @ 2:05 pm............Hmmmmmm............Well, lets see........Are there a large number of blacks in trouble?............I did not say, all blacks.........I did not say, every black, .........I did not say, you blacks............I said a large number..........So, is that true or false?................By the way, have you looked up the word, "fool"?..............It means, "to spend time idly, aimlessly"..............No, no, that doesn't fit me..............You will have to try again......................I also said that most, (of the people) post the same remarks if the stupid twits are white or green.......................To finish up, the only nerve struck by HALO and you, cosign, are that you leave the perception of being the racists...................You know, it would be interesting to meet you in a coffee shop somewhere and look across the room and realize, hey, there is that cosign fellow..........Hmmmmmmmm...........What would we say to each other?.........Next time getting coffee, look around the room, I'll wave...................

1948 days ago

Jenna

Shaun (TURTLE)...I would never wish anything bad on you, BUT! I would love to punch you in the face! You did my friend wrong, RD cared for you like no other! You missed out on a beautiful and intelligent woman! You herb azz playa! You never forget the people that had your back since high school! W.H.S! So pissed! Not hatin people, just venting!!!! Love is a powerful thing!!!
Grow up! Don't let fame turn you into someone your not!! I KNOW YOU MAN!!!! RELAX!!!

1942 days ago