Man Buys Unitard,

Declares Himself

a Superhero

4/28/2009 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0428_shadowhare_myspace_2-1This is either really, really noble -- or really, really stupid. Or both.

Some gangly dude in a spandex outfit who calls himself the "Shadow Hare" is roaming the streets of Cincinnati -- dedicated to ridding the city of evil-doers. Seriously.

Here's the catch -- he's 21-years-old, he's built like a math tutor, and he has no known super powers.

But Shadow Hare -- who refuses to reveal his true identity -- still bravely/stupidly patrols the streets, carrying legal items like handcuffs, tasers and pepper spray.

The guy even busted his shoulder trying to stop a guy from beating up a woman. And he hands out food to the homeless.

But he's not alone -- Shadow claims he's part of the "Allegiance of Heroes" which includes Aclyptico in Pennsylvania, Wall Creeper in Colorado and Master Legend in Florida.

Shadow Hare recently told WLWT that he's even teamed up with Mr. Extreme in California to "track down a rapist."

So the big question -- is he noble for standing up for good and trying to protect his community ... or is he just some delusional moron who's gonna hurt himself?

Eloise

I feel for this guy, he means well, but I am afraid he's going to get hurt.

Gin

At least he's doing SOMETHING!!! He's not just sitting on his butt and b***hing and moaning about how hight the crime rates are. How many children go missing and are murdered on a daily basis. How many women are killed by their husbands and boyfriends weekly. How many rapes and other violent crimes are committed against our young daughters. My hat's off to this guy! Just stay safe Superheroes!

Kev

I think he's watched Watchmen one too many times.

Kate

I live in Cincinnati and this guy is awesome! I think he thinks he's legit and is helping and thats all that matters...i love this city and the random people we have living here

vikktor

... at least he is not imitating Dr. Manhattan ....

mamasan

A hero. He acted with courage and purpose when he risked his life to protect that woman - and he feeds the homeless. I commend his doing what he considers to be his part to make society a better place, flyweight nutbag or not. God bless em.

LesleyS86

Ha! Ha! I love it!!

We need some superheros like this over in Ireland!!!

Terri

Well I live in OH, and not all that far from Cincy, why haven't I heard of him? Alas, I think he will end up getting hurt and by the way, are tasers legal? I found that interesting and something I didn't know. I thought the police were the only ones allowed to carry/use them legally. As for you criticizers, I wonder how many of you spend your money on all the superhero movies they make, hmmm? Or even the video games, hmmm? It's refreshing to see people actually take a stand and try to do something about it, the COMMON citizen helping OTHER COMMON citizens. Be safe and rock on with your bad super self HERO.

sceptre30

Dom DeLuise is laughing in his grave right now......DUN DUN DAH!!!!!!

Confused

I applaud his chutzpah but I worry he could get himself hurt. And least donut eaters, err, cops have guns, He's got a taser and a quest for justice. The bad guys have asault weapons. Not exactly a fair fight.

Matt

glad to see Lindsay Lohan finally found a new job

Omar

Did my comment get deleted? Weird! anyways, I commend the guy for getting out there and doing something positive. He may make a difference, he may not, but he's out there and that's more than most people on the planet do. Also, do a google search for "real world superheros" you would be surprised how many there are and how wide spread. I wish him and the others good luck.

Plus he reminds me of the comic "Kick Ass" by Mark Millar, most of you don't read so you'll have to wait for the movie.

frogs and gravel

I hope his Super Power is not "Not having Health Insurance" when he is shot and admitted to the hospital.

Souless

There's nothing funny about this human,most inspire to become something great,some inspire to become a lowlife who criticize everyone while others simply live there life in gray areas....me myself truly wish to have courage to do what he does,he is very brave and in my minds opinion everyone wish to be hero but lack the courage like myself to do so....

Everyone what would you do if you had powers????
answers.i would become either a superhero,spy on girls,rob a bank or kill someone.

Everyone what would you do if you have no powers???
answers.Call the police,hide,join a gang kill someone or if you have courage help people if you can.

Sean

Have no fear, Wall Creeper is here. I am so happy I don't live in Colorado anymore.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments