Kiefer Will Be

Charged with Crime

5/6/2009 7:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0506_keifer_tmz_bn2We've confirmed that Kiefer Sutherland will be charged with misdemeanor assault in connection with the headbutting incident earlier this week.

Kiefer headbutted fashion designer Jack McCollough at an event after-party on Monday -- an attack Jack says was completely unprovoked. We're told Kiefer says he did it after Jack pushed Brooke Shields.

The New York Daily News broke the story. Kiefer will show up at the NYPD and get a desk appearance ticket and his arraignment date will be set.

A rep from the L.A. City Attorney's office tells TMZ they will contact the NYPD and the D.A. to get details and then decide if they will try and revoke Kiefer's probation. He's currently on probation for a DUI.

Inny

The dud(e) is an violent drunk.

Don't confuse a manufactured character on the tv or in movies....
and think that's who they are in real life.
That would make you a fool.

John Wayne ...
played...
war hero's but never served in the armed forces.

Too afraid he'd get hurt.

1961 days ago

frogs and gravel

I head butted the mailman when he tried to hand me my mail. It was Great! Mail when flying all over
the ground. I can't wait for the checkout clerk to ask me if I want paper or plastic.

1961 days ago

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

Hey 51, you are a moron!!!!!! where do you think it comes from? weed de story agin

1961 days ago

Nameless

It's too bad really. Kiefer put himself in a stupid position to be in especially given his past criminal activities. Even if the other dude flat out bitch slapped Brooke Shields while pissing on Kiefer's shoes, Kiefer still would not get away from hitting anyone scott-free.

It'll always be the guy with the previous rep everyone assumes the worst. And Kiefer has a pretty good rep.

1960 days ago

greeneyedlass

What he did WAS out of line, whether the man pushed Brooke or not...headbutting him was uncalled for. Keifer really needs to get his anger under control. I like the guy, I think he's a great actor but doing things like this only makes him look like a fool.

1960 days ago

deb

yeah thanks Brooke Shields (aka hasbeen) for throwing Kiefer under the bus. Hey designer Jack did you spend the night sucking on your mamma teat. crybaby.

1960 days ago

david anthony

He ALLEGEDLY headbutted the designer; let's not convict him just yet.

1960 days ago

SP

Who's motivating this ? He was assaulted first! If the guy pushed him then it was self defense period. Talk about a waste of tax payer money. And then look at the little scratch on the guy, come on what a wimp. Men used to be men, now they are big cry babies. And next time Brooke hits the floor just wlak over her sorry a**.

1960 days ago

Jake

Throw the gay ass designer guy in jail...he's the real crime

1960 days ago

Reine

I would like to know the whole story but hope Kiefer doesn't go back to jail. If he was drunk, he does need to address this problem once & for all.

1960 days ago

LongJohn69

Cut the guy some slack. I guess saving the world from destruction year after year doesn't mean crap to the cops anymore.

1960 days ago

RONICA MYREE

WHAT IS THE CHARGE,? PEOPLE GET SLAPPED OUTSIDE BARS ALL THE TIME D-LIST DESIGNER JUST WANT MONEY AND FAME.

1960 days ago

ThisIsIt09

I love Kiefer and I wish him all the best.

1960 days ago

lakefieldgirl

What is happening to this world when someone can push a female and when someone stands up for her he charges him. Brooke should charge Jack, respect seems to have gone out the window in this day & age.

1959 days ago

Ladyinred2014

Charged for being recklessly sexy without a permit!

1957 days ago