'Cheers' Star -- My Ex Might Set My Car on Fire

5/13/2009 8:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John RatzenbergerJohn Ratzenberger has filed for a restraining order against his 45-year-old ex girlfriend -- claiming she's capable of violence because she listens to country music.

The former "Cheers" star laid it all out in legal papers filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, saying his ex "indicated that it is common in many country western songs for women to set the cars of their former boyfriends on fire."

He continues, "That statement insinuates that she may have the capacity to perpetuate this act or similar violent conduct."

Ratz also claims he is "deeply disturbed by the harrassing and intimidating phone calls, emails and text messages."

John also accuses his ex of contacting his friends, family and business associates and making "false and defamatory statements" about him.

John is asking the judge to keep the chick 100 yards from himself, his house, his job -- and of course, his vehicle.

faaw-q attitude

wwwwhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa

Liz

Where's Norm when you need him!

Disgusting

Of course because he was on tv the judge will grant it. Otherwise, the judge would never grant it.

ex lax

You can set my truck on fire, an roll it down a hill, but I still wouldn't trade it for a coupe deville! Something women like about a pick-up man! ha- ha!

Linda Mott

Harvey likes "Achy Breaky Heart" , does that make him potentially capable of violence? This sounds like he had help from a highly qualified lawyer.

Katt

What is it with the name Lindsay?? Are they all whack jobs?

Let it go girl and go find you another sugar daddy. Glad he didn't marry this one!

my2sent

LMAO @ "she is capable of violence because she listens to country music."

beef

Stupid scientologists

Terri

Oh for Lindsay's sake, hahahha, this made me laugh. I thought the same thing about the name Lindsay, geesh, you parents to be ya better pick a different name if you have Lindsay in mind, don't say you weren't warned. Now John, for hell sake, do you know how idiotic your claim sounds? And you are certainly NOT going to win any country music fans OR stars for that matter (they are all a fierce bunch ya know) so don't be looking for any invites to the CMAs now and forever. LMAO. Now as for the phone calls and text messages.....do you have proof of them? Because you certainly have SAVE capability in both of those cell phone formats, so I highly suggest you be ready to present some. And as for the claims to your associates, family and friends, I would imagine you and the lawyer better be presenting some written signed statements stating such claims and what she actually has done/did etc. Otherwise, hush your mouth. (In the end, I suppose you'll be granted your wish though, and she'll probably get one against you too, just to make it even or she'll sue you for defamation of her character.)

Rick

It was the crazy girlfriend that said she might set his car on fire ... he just reported the threat to the court. Good ole crazy girlfriend ...

Laughin' in Malibu

Hmmm.. I never saw her name in the story..is that you Jimmy or Nina posting those comments???

Google-me-bitch!

hahahahahahahhahaha becuz she listens to country music?wtf?LMAOOOOOOOO

ROBIN BURD

WOW-2 Funny. I knew I hated country music but this gives me "A REAL" excuse 2 say why.Didnt he realize she was a nut job when threy were together? He's lucky she didn't do anything 2 his WII. Oh,sorry added one of ur other stories!

SoCal Razzles

BUAWHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!

Now someone is capable of violence because he or she listens to country music.

O-M-G! Yep, I always knew those hillbillies had something in common with GANGSTA RAP MUSIC lovers!

BUAWHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!

SoCal Razzles

HEY TERRI - SHUT THE F>CK UP YOU LAME BIOTCH! GO TERRORIZE ANOTHER BOARD.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments