Mackenzie Phillips --

Student Becomes the Master

5/27/2009 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mackenzie Phillips"Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" -- the show that exploits celebrities who are battling addiction -- is now exploiting a celebrity who has already battled addiction.

We've learned Mackenzie Phillips -- who entered rehab for the 10th time in September 2008 -- will appear on the third season of the show as a "sober coach." Phillips was busted for cocaine in August 2008, but had the majority of the charges against her dropped -- and the final charge will be dropped when she completes a drug diversion program. By all indications, Mackenzie has done a complete 180 and says the arrest saved her life.

The role of "sober coach" on the show was previously played by Gary Busey -- and we know how that turned out.

And we know the other new cast of characters. Let's just say Mackenzie has her work cut out for her.

Celebrity Rehab - Launch photos

Cam

But she has failed at rehab 10 times. Why wouldn't you get somebody who has suceeded, or better yet, never started taking drugs to help these people figure out how to live their lives? Phillips has been sober a total of around 6 months in the last 20 years. I'm glad she found a job, but is she really the right person for it?

Real American

These are celebrities? Half these people I've never heard of! Who are they?

Bex

People like her (Robert Downey Jr., Redmond Tatum and Griffin O'Neal, for example) have my sympathy, because their fathers did drugs with them as children. Good luck to her.

artie help

mackenzie consistenetly has the best bud in town.

Terri

Oh my lord I can't wait! Some I don't know either, WTH is Mike Star and there was another chick I didn't recognize. But we have Rodman (oh lord help them all), Joey from Real World (aww love him, but what a temper a drunk has), MM from the country world. I just want to tell VH1 to get ready with the insert the words thingy for when Dennis talks, cuz he MUMBLES when he talks so please, be ready to decode for us all.

Bex

The show that exploits celebs? Well, I guess TMZ would know a little something about that subject.

Bex

5. mackenzie consistenetly has the best bud in town.

Posted at 1:25PM on May 27th 2009 by artie help

---------------------------------------------------------------------

True, but her blow is whack, all cut up and chit.

Carrys F.

Anything to stay in the spotlight I guess. She probably gets paid pretty good. And she probably actually does have alot to offer. After all, she torpedoed her own thriving career because of drug problems that she battled for 20 years.

Carrys F.

I think the term celebrity is the most tossed around noun in the English language nowadays!

Bex

Her ham sandwiches aren't all that, either.

TMZ hits a new low

Why on earth would anyone care about these meth heads? Don't we have enough problems in society? We don't need to bring ourselves down in mind and spirit by watching these trainwrecks on TV, continuing to waste their lives. What do we get from it? Some reality TV is OK but watching idiots who had a lot going for them spiral out of control is not good TV. Dr. Drew, you've turned into an opportunist douchebag. Dump this show down the drain and take "Intervention" with you. Drugs are a choice, nothing more. And they're not my choice.

The 1 & Only

She starred in that sitcom (One Day at a Time) with Valerie Bertinelli in the early 80's. Great show.

Lucy

I was with MacKenzie during a weekend women's spiritual retreat and when sober, she demonstrated her desire to remain clean. Perhaps by being a sober coach, it will help her as much as she will help someone else. Good luck!!

wannadomytrainer

Who are these people? I know only one........ Talk about Z list!

Cass Elliot's Daughter

11. Her ham sandwiches aren't all that, either.

Posted at 1:40PM on May 27th 2009 by Mama Cass Elliott

Wow. What an A**HOLE. Try learning facts instead of spreading lies.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments