Brandy

Settles Fatal Car Crash

with Victim's Kids

6/2/2009 1:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0602_brandy_ex_credit_tmz_01-1We've learned Brandy has just reached a settlement with the kids whose mother died in the singer's 2006 car crash.

Awatef Aboudihaj's two children will receive a total of $600,000 -- $300,000 each -- according to court documents filed in L.A. County Superior Court moments ago.

Aboudihaj died in 2006 after her car was struck by Brandy's Range Rover near the interchange of the 405 and 101 freeways in Los Angeles.

Her husband, Marouane Hdidou -- who has yet to settle with Brandy -- rejected his part of a $1.2 million settlement offer in February.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

QUEEZY

Not enough, in my opinion.

Millie

you cannot put a price tag on peoples lives. brandy should go bye-bye & look out the window through bars!

scarlett

$300,000. each and the lawyer will get 90% of that ... not enough!

QUEEZY

I agree with you Millie, but although no amount of money is going to bring their mother back, lots more of it will help them live a more financially stable life as they grow. That is, if course, unless dad gets his hands on it and blows it on whoever he eventually hooks up with.

oprah & michel hater

she still is a murderer!

truthserum

She shouldn't even be behind the wheel, her eyes are too damn far apart to see correctly!

brad

hey you guys from what i recall she was in a chain car collision and hit first but I'll look it up not like she was drunk either then you could say murderer, also she was never found criminally at fault

Me

Hopefullly, all parties can now move on with their lives.

THese sternies are mean people who have no feelings

She shouldn't have to pay anything ! The other driver was at fault. It was an ACCIDENT< IDIOTS

Fran

Not nearly enough for these kids who must grow up w/o their mother. No amount of money can replace what she did for them it is still a slap in the face to the entire family.

Lady

Personally I think that is a fair offer. Do you think they would have gotten any money if she wasn't a celebrity? Probably not. That is why it is called an accident. And for those of you who feel she is a murderer if you check your facts her car didn't kill the woman it was someone else who had an older car that was made of steel. Cars now days are made of fiber glass. I am sure she feels bad about their loss but she shouldn't have to pay for it. She paid her tickets let the woman live. People need to learn something celebrities are not ATM's whenever something bad happens. People are always trying to find a reason to sue someone with money how about this for an idea go and get your own money!

Cali

Are you all serious? It was an accident. Accidents happen. if Brandy wasn't "famous", there would have been no lawsuits filed.

The Husband rejecting 1.2 mil just shows he's out for a payday. I hope he gets nothing!

Delicious

Brandy my dear, what you did is priceless. If I were them I'd make you pay for the rest of your life. If that were my mother you'd be in trouble.

tg

I hope he ends up getting NOTHING. He's just being GREEDY now. If it was a regular person who hit him and killed his wife - where would that person get 1 million to give him. So since Brandy has money - he wants to go for broke instead of settling with the fact his wife could of been killed by a drunk driver with NO MONEY. I hope his greed ends up getting him NOTHING.

Delicious

12. Cali... are you an idiot? This accident could have been avoided of Brandy were paying attention to the road. I'm so sure that she probably was on the phone something a typical stupid celebrity would do.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments