Heidi and Spencer -- Quitters

6/2/2009 11:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Heidi and SpencerHeidi and Spencer have followed through on their threat -- they have quit the NBC reality show "I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here!"

A source close to production tells TMZ the "Hills" duo walked off the set for good after the live portion of last night's show. It is unclear how the show will handle their leaving on tonight's episode.

Guess they weren't faking ... for a change.

UPDATE -- We're told the Red Cross, the charity Spencer was playing for on the show, now wants nothing to do with the program. It's unclear whether they would have received anything anyway -- but regardless, the Spencer experience left a bad taste in their mouth.

smoochie

T
O
O

B
A
D
!

Thats the only reason why I kept watching last night.
It would have been the only reason I would have continued to watch day after day.

O
W
E
L
L

Guess Ill have to find something else to watch.

LittleBitty35

Darn, I was looking forward to them being chased by wild boar, giant spiders and sold to militants in Columbia. Darn. Oh well.

Natalie

Who the hell is going to donate to this show???
I get the impression that all the money to be won at the end of the show comes from the viewer donations that will be pooled together…
Does this mean there is no actual money coming from the producers/network???
Can anyone clarify how this stupid show works?

jef

I've never actually watched these two assh*les before last night. For him to say that's it's ok for them to quit because their charity has a lot of money shows how much class these two losers really have. What freaking idiots.

loridarlin

absolutely the biggest jerk EVER on a reality show. i have to wonder if he really thinks he's all that AND a bag of chips. i have never seen such egomaniacle behavior in my life. get the hell off the show and go very, very far away dude, because you just shot your last wad!

Trooper Tom

They should keep right on walking into oblivion, what a waste of air time

Wingdam

Too bad, I was hoping that Tori would kick his sorry ass.

lost in lalaland

Let's put the period at the end of this disgusting sentence. No more photos, no more 'interviews', no more of us reading about them. ENOUGH! They're winning and we're losing. Obscurity would be the sweetest outcome for these two. Let's all do our part and ignore them. I promise I'm starting right NOW!

dennis

I don't know whether to make him endure all but the last night - just to make him suffer for three weeks - or just get rid of him now.

LAME

I never seen Heidi on anything other than The Soup - but I must say, she seems quite nice and undeserving of that d*uche-bag Spencer. Is she being punished for some reason to be married to such a dink?!!!

DAledo

Those two were unwatchable last night. I almost sprained my thumb fast-forwarding through all their whining. I refuse to ever partake of anything that involves these two losers. Heide needs to grow up and Spencer just needs an ass kicking. Somebody tell these self-absorbed egomaniacs that they are talentless and will not be around for long.

philobeddo72

I never watched the Hills, and I am refusing to watch "Celebrity". From the clips that I saw of this guy from last night's show, I cannot understand why even TMZ gives him the time of day.

Steven

It's time that we stop rewarding these individuals in society who are famous for doing nothing. It's obvious that they don't value hard work and committing to something all the way through. And I hope NBC sues them out of existence.

MelissaM

notice that he didnt go after his hat off of Baldwins head.He only went after the women. Classic ball-less woman abuser. I wouldnt be shocked if in a year Heidi's in the ER from being knocked around by this sorry waste of skin.

London

Everything Spencer did on that show was fake. He;s got everyone talking about him which is exactly what he wants. I can't stand either of them and I will be so happy once their 15 minutes are over!