Alba Apologizes

for Defacing

Oklahoma City

6/9/2009 7:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jessica Alba is seriously apologizing for tagging Oklahoma City -- and a United Way billboard -- with posters of great white sharks ... but she's also tossing blame at the shark lovers she got involved with.

Jessica Alba
Here's the statement Jessica just released:

"I got involved in something I should have had no part of. I realize that I should have used better judgment and I regret not thinking things through before I made a spontaneous and ill-advised decision to let myself get involved with the people behind this campaign. I sincerely apologize to the citizens of Oklahoma City and to the United Way for my involvement in this incident."

Ugh

Boycott everything she does!

Nobody In Particular

And she's a mother... another good reason to sterilize retards.

He's just another Idiot

She's just a typical Rocks for Brains Hollywood Bimbo. She should pay for all the damage she caused and then fined a very large sum which would go to Oklahoma City's United Way. Someone wrote earlier that "wouldn't it be fun if she was swimming in the ocean and was eaten by a Shark". Amen.

Hutch

She could've used her time more wisely: like say, working with an acting coach.

Wow

Judging from the posts, Ms. Alba overestimated her appeal.

Hutch

It could've been worse. She could have done this in Boston and had the officials there convinced it was a bomb threat. (ten points for the one who gets the reference)

Annette

Hi Ugh:

Whoops, I'm having trouble posting too... For some reason my previous comment was posted again. I'm glad we agree about the race thing, but a lot of people don't seem to. As far as the insincerity, it's tru that there are a lot of hypocrites out there. But let's give people a chance. Last night I went to a benefit in NYC for Paul Newman. Paul started up a summer camp prgram for really sick kids. A lot of celebrities have generously given time and money to the sick kids. Julia Roberts was a camp counsellor for years and has helped raise a lot of money. Other celebrities have too. All I'm saying is, don't be cynical until people prove themselves to be hypocrites. If I were a celebrity trying to help people and kept getting criticized, I would probably give up on helping people. Jessica Alba is naiive and a little dumb, but give her a chance! Thanks for the civilized conversation!

Annette: I've been having trouble getting my posts through, but I'll try one more time. She just comes across as a typical insincere celebrity - like the ones who insist we respect the environment (which I do) before hopping on their private jet.

I think we can all agree that this has nothing to do with her being hispanic or female.

She plastered a poster of a shark with no caption or explanantion on a United Way billboard, took a photo of herself, and posted it. That IS pointless.

Lucy

she is so stupid.... and she'll probably get away with her vandalism crime spree because she's an actress..

but still her movie is going to flop.......

David

She's a jerk. She makes money from "b" movies and Revlon. I don't watch the movies and don't buy Revlon. Others should simply do the same thing.

Tye Tanikk

Id like to deface her if you know what i mean. wink wink

Sally

I think she should have to pay for the united way billboard. They stated it was donated and they may have to pay to replace it, I think Ms. Alba should do it.

Deborah

WHY in the hell was she in Oklahoma??? The cop they interviewed sounded like an idiot. Jessica must have found some of the glue they use on the space shuttles. To be that dang strong/tough, they can not remove the posters. The city will make her pay to have the posters professionally removed, and maybe a fine. I'm still trippin' over her being in OK city. Does Cash have folks there or something?
About her denying part of her heritage, that's her business. Seems as if denying or embracing her heritage, has nothing to do with her work, the charities she helps, or her life as a person. Sounds like she may be trying to get in where she can fit in. So many people do this to survive. If it more beneficial for her to be thought of as Caucasion, and it works for her so be it! As an actress, I like her a lot! She's still young and growing as a person and as a thespian. If I'd been caught plastering, hell I would said it was not me. It really doesn't look much like her to me anyway. And whoever she was with that took the pictures, I'd find them. They would get a royal smack down after selling pictures to TMZ. Heck, Harvey was probably the one taking the pics in the first place. I'm still confused about why anyone would want to be in OK, when they could be so many other places in the world. And the remark about her baby! Are you too stupid to realize she can hire a Nanny? She is after all, a working MOM. Leave Jessica alone! We've all done things we were not proud of. I do think the apology was forced, and that she knew what she was doing. This was just a poor choice she'd made.

Pablo Alleycorn

another example of why "actors" should stick to just acting.........SHUT UP!!!!!!

Viva Argentina!

Ned

Insincere damage control. What a complete lying moron.

patricia

oh please all of you act like you have never done anything stupid or crazy before.