Kelis Is Cash Poor

6/17/2009 6:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelis has just filed her financials with the court, making her case to get support and baby expenses from estranged hubby Nas.

Kelis says from 11/08 to 4/09, her average monthly income was $21,616. Hardly poor, but way less than what she and Nas were pulling in while she was with him.

Kelis, who is ready to give birth, has some pretty hefty expenses -- $80,831 a month ... way more than she says she makes.

Kelis says she hasn't toured in a year and most of her income comes from her concerts.

Kelis says she spends $14,861 on her mortgage. Her nanny costs $3,500 a month. She spends $15,000 a month on entertainment, gifts and vacations -- not too shabby. And she says it cost $175 to have the "baby rug dry cleaned."

And there's this ... Kelis says she wants to buy "storage to bank the baby's blood when he is born. The banking is the collection and storage of the stem cells found in the baby's umbilical cord." It's used to treat 70 life-threatening diseases. It all costs $$$.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Mike

Posted at 12:44PM on Jun 18th 2009 by Mike
I say NO. Why should a man STILL have to pay her, when he has the child the SAME amount of time. Is he not incurring the same bills? Does he not have to feed and cloth the child? My brother has 50% custody and still has to give her 50 a week. Why?? She has her own clothes, bedroom, etc just as at her moms. I truly do not understand the partial to women. It is because we go thru hell during labor? GET OVER IT, and yep, Im a woman, I dont get child support, alimony, or anything from their father. He doesnt even have half custody. These are my children. I work MY butt off for them. So should every other mother and quit trying to make a man into a living ATM just because you spread your legs open and said yes to that shiney diamond.

Posted at 1:05PM on Jun 18th 2009 by wow

Wow is right. Hahaha, I think your children are lucky to have a Mother like you. It seems to me that they will be taught independence, self reliance and responsibility. I wish there were more Mothers out there like you.

John

Honestly, is she stupid? Sell the house, raise your own child or let Nas do it (as you're apparently unwilling to foot your part of the bill), stop entertaining and traveling so much and voila, not only do you have enough, you have extra! You divorced, he's not your meal ticket anymore. He should be paying for the child, not for you to play dress up and vacation every 2 weeks.

John

For those defending her, remember she gets half his income in CA. Her greedy ass wants more on top of that. Sell the house, raise your own kids! If you can't, let Nas raise them, he's paying for them anyway.

twitter.comScrapper1

She is nuts...women like her make me not wanna get married.

Revilo Calhoun

This is why I tell my son everyday not to get married. If its real love the woman won't mind. Get your "female life partner a nice ring. Treat her like a queen. But NEVER get married. EVER.

CDLTNLA

I just think the monthly expense requests are way too extreme. How can someone pay 55, 000 a month + ??
You are doomed if you are that excessive. It's a sin.
She too should be ashamed of herself asking for that kind of money, even if he is a total punk a**.
CDLTNLA