« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LeBron James

Most Valuable Loser

6/17/2009 10:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Overcompensation -- noun -- excessive reaction to a feeling of inferiority, guilt, or inadequacy leading to an exaggerated attempt to overcome the feeling ... especially when someone expected to win the NBA championship doesn't even make the finals.

LeBron James: Click to watch
LeBron James rocked this egotistical t-shirt during a shopping break in N.Y. yesterday.

For the record -- you won't see Kobe Bryant wearing a shirt with his individual accomplishments plastered on the front of it during his championship parade today -- he's gonna let the trophy do the talking.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

zizou fan

lebron is the man!!!

MJ

He would look so good in orange and blue. LeBron 2010!

ilove95037

And we wonder why the rest of the world thinks that Americans are just a bunch of idiots..... how embarrassing.

JimmyD

Where did he get his humility from Madonna? Nothing like blowing your own horn!! He is no MJ!!

hahahahahha!!!!!

As a sports nut I lost a lot of respect for James this year. I'ved looked past the fact he has like 4 kids out of wedlock, since he seems to present himself as a pretty likeable guy. But when he refused to shake the hands of the Magic players after they flatout kicked his ass, that showed he's a selfish, classless, spoiled cry baby that can't handle losing.

Kobe isn't that much better. After he assraped the white chick in Colorado he was demanding to be traded from the Lakers since they weren't "serious about winning since they weren't giving him good, supporting help" but he seems to have changed his tune.

Both of them are douchebags, but LeBron is coming across as more douchey as of late.

Jamie

Lyndon Baines Johnson

TheMan

Look at me! Look at me! I'm special! Oh wait a minute I'm not. What an ego.

FOR REAL

LEAVE HIM ALONE

Laurie

Why can't he wear that shirt? He is the "league" MVP, whether he made the finals or not!!! Has nothing to do with the finals, has to do with his season. Broke record after record this season, did you forget? Only reason he didn't go to the finals was because the Magic decided to make their shots in that series, extremely narrow margin of victory in most games. Go LeBron, Go Cavs!!! Victory will be ours! Oh, and Orange & Blue are not LeBron's color, so eat it New York!

oklota loves man gravy

who cares what he's wearing...i'd slurp his man gravy!!!!!!!!

ace

This is so stupid he just put on a shirt and everyone has to comment and criticize him. Do you people have no lives It is just a shirt. Maybe if you losers could play like Lebron you wouldn't have to drink all that haterade and maybe I mean maybe be able to weat a shirt just with your initials and MVP attached. And about the not shaking hands thing does it really even matter.....I mean not shaking hands come on this isn't like skippn practice

dumpthechump

Crabby

So he takes a lot of pride in his work and wants to excel? Why is this so bad? He grew up a poor black kid and made things happen for himself...good for him.

Sono

Is it even possible for anyone besides Kanya West to maybe have a BIGGER EGO than Lebron James? I LOST ALL RESPECT for him when he walked off the court without shaking hands with the Magic players. It was a truly childish act and while he's a great bball player, he still has a lot to learn about humility and sportsmanship. Terrible role model...

Pete Rock

"I vist the Cleveland area and I can tell you they need their hero, I do wish that the Cav's could finally make it to the finals, maybe Lebron needs some help out there, but you cannot deny he is an awesome player. I'm sure he could go elsewhere, and he might, but I'd like to see the Cav's make some changes and get him to the finals."

Janine, they were there 2 years ago. Didn't win, but they got there.... You must be a big basketball fan.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments