Jermaine -- They Tried to Revive for an Hour

6/25/2009 10:33 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's brother, Jermaine Jackson, released a statement to the media at UCLA hospital -- telling the press a team of doctors at the medical center tried to resuscitate Michael for more than an hour.

Jermaine Jackson: Click to watch

TMZ also obtained a photo of Jermaine moments after he arrived at the hospital. The emotion in the photo speaks for itself.

Jermaine Jackson

gaelle

tu vas nous manquer tu maqueras au monde entier on ne t oubliras jamais tes musique resteron a jamais graves dans notre coeur

kalmak

@#32
I am a Christain, I know that Michael be in heaven with our Father, where he is loved and will be taken care of.

You clearly are not a christian. If you were you would understand the absurdity of that second sentence. No one knows whether he believed in Christ and based on Christianity that is the only way he will get into heaven.

And for all of those talking about how great he was because he could sing and dance, please stop. Michael was prostituted out by his parents at a young age much as our "beloved" LiLo was and Miley currently is. The only thing important about this death is its example as tragedy. He was never allowed to be a kid and therefore never grew up. Beyond that he was a singer. A great singer yes, but still just a singer. I have yet to see any entertainer have a profound impact on the world that should be mourned to this extent.

truthseeker

The pic of Jermaine hugging the man was not taken when he first arrived at the hospital. It was taken after he finished the news conference. It was seen on tv. Please tell the truth.

MK

Is it just me, or did Jermaine'shair look painted on during the news conference? I swear, it lookes like it was melting off.

jocuri

jermain jackson was very very sad

wren

I guess this is tragic for his fans. I hear that they closed UCLA hospital entrances off when he came in. I hope there were no "ordinary" people who were needing emergency services at the time.

Believe me that there is no way any regular person would be worked on for over an hour in the ER if they came in pulseless and unresponsive after. having been unresponsive to treatment for 30 minutes prior to that. Most people might get 10-20 minutes at most. If there is no response after that, they stop efforts. But then we all know that wacky celebs are more worth trying to save than the rest of us.

Believe me, Farrah Fawcett's death was far more tragic.

JANE DOE

sO sO sO sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP MJ!

TMZ- HOW DID YOU GET PHOTO IN THE HOSPITAL?

Fruit of Michael Jackson

The loss of the greatest entertainer in the history of mankind HAS LEFT A HOLE AT THE SIZE OF THE HIMALAYA IN MY HEART. For me he was more than JUST THE GREATEST SINGER. He was my idol, he was a role model, he was someone to cry to when my childhood was unbearable, he was my brother, he was my dear friend.
MY EYES ARE SWOLLEN BECAUSE I CRIED SO MUCH.

wren

I do not find this a tragedy. Tragedy is Farah Fawcett's death, a woman who fought cancer and wanted to live, and lost the battle. Michael's sudden death is sad and pathetic, but not tragic. He lived the lifestyle he chose to live. If there was too much "stress" in being a celebrity, he could ahve given it all up and lived like a regular person.He had the resources to get himself the help he needed if he wanted it.

They spent over an hour in the ER trying to revive him. I guarantee that if any regular person had come in in that condition, they would ahve gotten about 10 minutes or so.

-wren

aangella

I hope when they find this QUACK that they charge him with murder!!! He violated his Hippocratic oath "to do no harm" And whoever was enabling this behavioe likewise111111

Mrs. Merrill

Danny Ganns, Heath Ledger, and now Michael Jackson, all on pain medication and psychiatric drugs. I bet you the cause of death for Michael Jackson is the same as these celebrities. It is so unfortunate as Brian Oxman said, " He will not be quiet about, when he finds out the cause of death about these so called enablers. I think that it is pretty obvious. Michael Jackson has the number one spot on donations to charities, and is a true humanitarian. His contributions to society are above and beyond the normal of any group member or mankind. He was for peace & love, and has a true heart of gold. I wish you well always Michael. May you find peace for yourself and freedom forever. My family will miss you and we love you very much. Love, Mrs. Merrill P.S. We send you our spiritual love, from one to another.

JERMAINE

JERM AINE WAS WAAAYYY OUT OF LINE WHEN HE SAID THAT HE DIDN'T WANT MICHAEL AT FORREST LAWN IN GLENDALE. HE COMMENT WAS TOO MANY SINNERS THERE. MY FAMILY IS THERE AND THEY WOULD BE OFFENDED TO HAVE A PERVERT LIKE MICHAEL THERE. JERMAINE YOU DO NOT REPRESENT ISLAM WILL AND SHOULD KEEP YOUR BIG MOUTH SHUT.................

P.C.C

Jermaine Jackson and family sense there are so much comparence to Elvis Presly and Michael Jackson , I to believe that Michael Jackson should be laid to rest at the place he created , NEVERLAND .May Farthr Be With You T.A Williams and Family

Oliviya

First and foremost, I thank God for this opportunity to post a comment about someone so very close and dear to me... You see, I was too emotional to try to find a way to do this when Michael passed away but I just wanted to say a few things that have moved me and touched me so much that I have found it difficult to sleep at night. To begin with, I grew up with Michael Jackson when there weren't any black people on TV. I remember when he was on Ed Sullivan and Hollywood Palace show with Diana Ross that historic time--watching it in 'black and white' on a TV with silver 'rabbit-ears' antenna... There is so much emotion to think back to those years... When I heard Michael had died, I went into shock! I wanted his family to know that there were people like me... not just his fan but someone that grew with him, hurt with him. I have so many many thoughts. As I watched 'The Jackson's-An American Dream' on TV, I thought it was a farce. Then, after a while I thought that it had to have some truth or the stations would have been suied for liabel especially from his family. I now grieve, period as so many millions and millions have done.
But it seems mine won't end. I love his music and identify with lyrics to some of his songs... Sometimes, I feel like I envision where what he wrote came from inside him and connect to it. I am such a deep person, but in listening to MJ's music, I have learned that is what he wanted: his music to affect us in this way because his capacity to love and care... I can't express what I'm trying to say. One of my main thoughts now is if there were some way I could embrace his mother. From what I have researched about her and the rest of the family, her being considered the Matriarch is not adequate. I sense in my soul that she had a special bond with her son Michael as she does with all her children, but something bound them in a different kind of way, even tho she loves all her family immensely. I am not a 'star' or have any famous connections, but it would mean the world to me to know that his family, his mother--would know that someone like me used to record Michael off of TV on a 4-track cassett player just to listen to him sing because there weren't many black singers on the radio much less TV. I screamed when I learned of the pool party with Barry Gordy and friends! I rooted him on and rallied behind him from afar when he was motioned to stand-out from among his brothers when he did. I cried at his recognition of his greatness, that never seemed to make him seem like a celebrity in status when he could go to a hospital and pay for medical supplies and take care of wounded souldiers... it just makes me cry at his genuine special-ness in a human being! There is more that I could say, but for now, I think I will just continue to pray for his family and bless his presence with our God for letting Him share Michael with us because to be absent from the body is to be present with our Lord.... Michael will always be loved... by someone like me.

love

I HEREBY ENCOURAGE JERMAINE JACKSON TO EMBRACE JESUS AS LORD AND SAVIOUR. THE 144,000 THAT WILL BE SAVED IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION ARE THOSE THAT WILL BE SAVED AFTER THE RAPTURE AND NOT THE TOTALITY OF ALL THOSE THAT WILL BE SAVED IN ALL AGES.WHAT JEHOVAH WITNESS BELIEVED WAS NOT TRUE. IT WAS A MISUNDERSTANDING OF THE BIBLE.THE BIBLE IS THE ONLY TRUE WORD OF GOD AND ONLY JESUS CAN SAVE YOU SIR SO MR JERMAINE JACKSON GIVE YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST TODAY THANKS

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3