Michael Jackson -- Cardiac Arrest

6/25/2009 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE -- Michael Jackson passed away today at the age of 50. Click here for the latest.

We've just learned Michael Jackson was taken by ambulance to a hospital in Los Angeles ... and we're told it was cardiac arrest and that paramedics administered CPR in the ambulance ... and it's looking bad.

1102-michael-jackson-getty-ex

He was picked up at his home around 20 minutes ago -- we're told his mother is on the way to visit him.

UPDATE: The 911 call came in at 12:21PM at his Holmby Hills home in L.A.

UPDATE: A Jackson family member tells TMZ Michael is in "really bad shape" and the brothers are headed to UCLA.

UPDATE: We just got off the phone with Joe Jackson, Michael's dad, who says "he is not doing well."

Two Flowers

I think Michael had a panic attack. They are always confused for heart attacks. Hopefully that is all it was. He's panicked because he can't get a record deal, and has a definite crush on Adam Lambert who will take over his Superstardom state! At least Adam is already white!

omofmom

This had better be true TMZ or MJ lawyers are going to moonwalk all over your a$$

Ladylaw

He now has an excuse to cancel his concerts. We all knew that it would never happen. Very sad.

MISS-KITKAT

i don't care about his past he's a grate performer

Outraged

You people are idiots. Do you understand that Cardiac Arrest means the man actually died. He needed CPR. This is serious. I wouldn't joke at time like this when we're talking about whether he lives or dies. You people need help.

CHIP THE DOG

WHO'S KID DID HE EAT!!!!

JackieMichele

It really saddens me to see such a lack of concern for a fellow human. Not only here but also on the Farrah posts. Fan who claim to have stood by him for years are more concerned with whether or not he will perform rather than him being healthy. This is a man who feels pain like anyone else, yet people are afraid he is going to steal Farrah's thunder.
I'm happy that instead of being productive citizens, you choose to make your snide comments and hide behind a computer screen that gives you a false sense of power.
I hope that this man who has been a huge part of many people's lives will be okay.

Susan

I just read somewhere else that he has been pronounced dead. Overdose of sleeping pills. Apparent suicide.

Nance

I hope he is ok....maybe a panic attact

Joy

You guys are idiots, he may really be hurt. If this is true; I hope it's not. Michael I hope you're alright, I am really nervous right now. TMZ you better have your facts straight on this, you have my heart pumping a thousand miles per hour. I hope he is okay, I really do. Show some freaking respect losers.

Donald Sleeper

If I remember from ACLS correctly, only 3% of attended cardiac arrests survive. I wonder if anyone was with him as it happened?

ddberry

WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!! Why didn't he have a DNR order?!!!!!

samiam0917

Is it wrong that I feel like this is the least of what he deserves?

jen

I think he's been anorexic for many years, this probably had something to do with it..

Joe

In what appears to be an apparent suicide, musician Michael Jackson was pronounced dead as a result of cardiac arrest after consuming more than two-dozen sleeping pills.

Complete details are not yet available, as this story is still developing.