Three Too Many?

Joyce DeWitt

Busted for DUI

7/6/2009 10:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joyce DeWitt Busted for DUITMZ has learned "Three's Company" star Joyce DeWitt was arrested for DUI on July 4th in El Segundo, California.

Law enforcement sources tell us DeWitt drove past a barricade Saturday afternoon -- and when an officer approached her, she smelled like booze. She was given field sobriety tests and then arrested for suspicion of DUI.

The 60-year-old actress, who played Janet Wood on the 80's sitcom, posted bail for $5,000.

The Regal Beagle wouldn't comment.

Kbzolla

She always drank a little too fast at the Regal Beagle. It was a matter of time.

Burnz

#6 should learn how to spell! What a Goof!

Popparatzi

Janet. mmm. Still remember that episode when she wanted to be a dancer. Her body in that leotard was the prime beat-off material. The only thing Chrissy had on her was the boobs.

Sliide

Amazing what alcohol can do to one's looks.

Bex Satan

Janet's been a very naughty girl...

just me

I guess pointing a finger at her makes the media sleep better at night...My sympathies Janet, I know this is embarrassing but the media will find someone else to harrass soon...

untreatable

Her mugshot resembles a dear in a headlight.

Bubba Army Bubba Army

Joyce DimWitt was getting wasted and wilded with the one and only Ned "Nedley" Mandingo III and getting the two finger culdesac by SpiceBoy OH MY

SEC

It was the 4th of July, she was probably having fun and celebrating like so many others that day. The article said that she smelled of alcohol, not that she was drunk. Just because she had a drink on a holiday does NOT mean that she is an alcoholic or that she is drinking her life away. I feel bad for her, the press is cruel! I don't understand why so many people are bashing her and being so hateful towards her.

Suz

Having seen the mug shot of Joyce DeWitt it did not matter to me that she got a DUI..what shocked me was how she has let herself go. Such a pretty lady gone to seed. Maybe she was drinking because her acting career is on the shelf. Still she should know better than to drink and drive. She needs love not ridicule.

Whatever

The only difference between Ms. Dewitt and the rest of us (myself included), is that we haven't gotten caught and we are not celebrities!!!

To Iara Mars, theres a hot rock in hell with your name on it. Take plenty of that "hatarade" with you, girlfriend, 'cause you are gonna need it!!!

Whatever

Better a Freak than a Freak of Nature, which is what you are! Can't wait until we read about you, loser!

Bill-SCH

I grew up watching the show, I got my car impounded on the Third. I was driving with lapsed insurance, I don't have $5K to settle my problems, been out of work over a year now. I am a bit shocked when celebs like Joyce and Mel wind up making bad errs in judgement. In my case, I assumed my insurance was in effect.

Bill-SCH

Should be DWI if drinking and not drugs? Correct?
Those saying Who Cares? Celebs have bad days too....well, what ARE you doing here anyway??? Huh?

Gary

Joyce, of course shouldn't have been drinking & driving, but sometimes life is a learning experience. Thank goodness no one was hurt or worse. Just because she's a celebrity, now she's taking all this bad-mouthing. Take care Joyce, I think you're great.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3