Betty White Dead?

'Today' Makes Grave Mistake

7/8/2009 3:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've lost a lot of icons recently -- but no matter what NBC says, Betty White isn't one of 'em!

Today Show: Click to watch
During a report yesterday morning at Forest Lawn Cemetery, "Today's" Michael Okwu listed the "Golden Girl" as one of the celebrities already buried there.

Meredith Vieira corrected him -- he probably meant Bette Davis.

Jonitia Johnson

Have any of you "perfect individuals" had a SLIP OF THE TONGUE? To crucify someone for this type of error shows the intolerance of Americans. I did not hear this blunder but if I had, I would have noticed the error as so many did and it was corrected immediately. So why all the fuss?

Anthony

Maybe if the name was Betty Black, he would have gotten it right!

Anthony

SIck of all this Michael Jackson crap.....so he died, who cares

Jonitia Johnson

People why are you making a race thing out of the death of Michael Jackson? I happen to be black and somehow I missed all this "black talk". Whether you like it or not, Michael Jackson was made a pioneer by MTV and VH1. I never knew they wanted to limit there videos to "rock only" until I heard it from their spokesperson. Only when the white population begin to idolize Michael Jackson's dancing and music, did videos of black artist get played. I did not know this. As for Bill O'Reily, he had the infamous lumfa versus the fafafel scandal. He was GUILTY as the taped conversation showed. He settled and sealed his case with this woman. How would you feel to know she made more than the 20 million Michael Jackson settled his case for just to get it out of the media? As for the second case, sorry if I told my child to lie so that we can get all this money and never want for anything, they would lie for me. I think its called an "ends to a mean". GIve a person flower and showers of love while they are alive, for when they die there will be enough hater and slanders to attempt to tarnish their legacy.

Debra Goodwin

I'm soooo glad that she's still here. She is so sweet, I remember watching her on t.v as a child.I also love GG] HER AND HER HUSBAND ON PASS WORD

SP

Just ask King Obama about those teleprompter mess ups

Nuff_Said

Betty i am so glad your alive you are one of my "Golden Girls "always.....Get your facts straight before you go live on the air ding dong.

Ebert Daddington

NBC News getting something wrong? That is par for the course.

pam

BARRY White!

Pmena

IF A WHITE REPORTER LISTED A FAMOUS LIVING BLACK PERSON AS DEAD AL SHARPTON WOULD BE CRYING RACISM.

Nate

I thought he had said Barry White. And then just didn't correct Meredith when she said Betty White.

brangelina tomkat

he probably had trouble saying the name "white." he could have been thinking about bea arthur, a golden girl who recently passed, or he may have indeed have meant bette davis. of course, having a real journalist reporting on news stories would have helped the situation dramatically. as it is, these people should really be employed on the e! channel or game show network.

Evolved

One good thing that the World Knows about America, those are some self destructing people ! They fight anything that could make them a great nation. Granted they come out with mind blowing inventions , Yet they KILL themselves in their HORRIBLE VIEWS of each other. They throw blessings out of a mouth that turns right around and curse anyting that They Think is GOD sanctioned THROUGH THEIR OWN PERSONAL WARPED MIND . When the day of Judgement comes Will they be ready to face the truth and see they will be expected to give an account of ALL their actions . So think about it before you go spouting off about things. You are responsible for your Mouth or should I say fingers !

DonnaT

My goodness - the man made a mistake. He said Bette White instead of Bette Davis - GOOD GRIEF. Why is it even news. The error was corrected right on the spot. MOVE ON PEOPLE!

Bob J

I've got news for Meredith Vieira, Bette Davis was not one of the Golden Girls, either, as great as she was. Also, the actress who played Sophia, Dorothy's mother, is also passed away.