Mr. Jackson Goes to Washington

7/8/2009 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Not all congressmen feel like Rep. Peter King -- and yesterday in D.C., a group of Democratic reps showed their support for a House resolution honoring Michael Jackson.

Congressmen Peter King: Click to watch
Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee
, who spoke at yesterday's memorial, is pushing for a measure which would recognize Jackson as a "global humanitarian and a noted leader."

Jim McDermott
(D-WA), John Lewis (D-GA) and Shelley Berkley (D-NV) are in -- with Lewis making a point to call King's comments "out of line" and "unnecessary."

Missy

I loved what Sheila said at yesterdays memorial! NO Michael did NOT touch any kid those 2that accused him admitted they had lied just to get at Michaels money!! So yeah lying king WAS/IS WRONG to say and slander someone like that!! I hope king gets put out of office and gets sued for slander/defamation of character because that is exactly what he has done!! Michael should be honored and remembered because he did so many wonderful things and loved to try to help people! Not only in America but all over the world...Michael did visit the soldiers,gave to 9/11 victims bulit a burn hospital/center Lets remember Michael for all the good he did! Which we should have remembered while he was alive! I grew up listening to Michael Jackson i loved his music and i could have watched him dance for hours i wish i could have met him but i know i will get my chance to meet him in heaven oneday! We love you Michael and miss you keep singing and dancing in heaven for God and Jesus!!

MY offer is

If he GAVE so much to the world.huh PAY ALL OF THE BILLS.i SURE DON,T HAVE 2 BILLION DOLLARS.Maybe we have it all wrong ...have gave all of his monet to AIG AND THE REST OF THE BANKS FOR THE OSCAR HE PAID 1.5 MILLION FOR???

Jstbtrflyz

42. So, jstbtrflys:

you believe those three kids, whom by the way are science expierments for his freak show, were his life huh?

Gee, sign me up to live with a sheet on head, to have a whacked man for my father, to sit around and question my heritage, to watch my father go to the plastic surgeon very three days, to have nannies and assistances all my house, to go now where with out the public hanging on them or the vial paps, to have a Father with a shady past to say the least involving chidren, to have almost zero connection to the Jackson family and watch him put on make-up.

Now if that is what you call those kids being life, I wonder if you would want Mike to raise a couple of yours?

Posted at 10:47AM on Jul 8th 2009 by takes all kinds I guess
Okay, I'll respond:

Science experiments? Umm.....I do believe you have been given some wrong information, but if you view those three children as science experiments, I certainly hope you have none of your own.

Freak show? Your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it.
Wear a sheet on your head? Are you a member of the KKK? And, if I recall, it was Debbie who wanted the kids to wear scarves on their heads to cover their faces for protection. Research.
Whacked man? Again, your opinion and you certainly are entitled to it.
Questioned his heritage? Unless you have some information that the rest of us don't have, I don't believe Michael ever questioned his heritage, nor did he forget wear he came from.
go to the plastic surgeon very three days, ~~~I wonder do you say the same thing about the hundreds of other stars that go and have way too much plastic surgery done to themselves? And it would be 'every' three days, not very three days.
to have nannies and assistances all my house ~~~I assume you mean 'assistants" and if I had the money that MJ had, the lifestyle he had and the demands he had (when he was in high gear and touring and recording and getting ready to tour again), I'd have them too!
to go now where with out the public hanging on them or the vial paps, ~~I assume you meant 'nowhere' and 'vile' and who's fault is it that the public hung all over them? Theirs? Or would that responsibility fall on the public?
Shady past involving children? Again, a matter of opinion. And by the way, opinions are neither right or wrong, so there's no sense in arguing over one.
Zero connection to the Jackson family? Well, we don't really know that for sure now do we? The children looked extremely comfortable with the Jackson siblings. And little Paris clung onto her grandmother. Didn't appear to be children that were amongst strangers. IMHO.
How many other artists, male and female put on make up every day that have children?

And lastly, I wouldn't have an issue at all having my children around Michael. The difference, however, is that when I had my children, I had them for ME, NOT for someone else. I chose to raise my children myself.

I hope that brought some clarification for you.

MY offer is

LATE 1980,S your michael jackson was agaist the troops,war ect....THEN HE RETRACTED BY THE ADVICE OF PEOPLE AROUND HIM ,,,CLEANING UP HIS PR......THEN AS TIME WENT BY ,,,HE STARTED TO SLIP AND BIGGER MISTAKES STARTED TO SURFACE....GET YOUR BIO OF MJ CORRECT....

MY offer is

THE REAL HERO,S ARE THE YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN......OUR YOUNG AMERICAN,S THAT GIVE TO THE WORLD ..THEIR LIVES.........JFK SAID IT BEST.......NOW DID MJ GO VISIT TROOPS IN A BATTLE ZONE LIKE OTHER HOLLYWOOD STARS DID....BOB HOPE HE MADE THE STANDARDS OF GIVING YOUR TIME.Start thinking about your free time ,,,please help the poeple on your street,block,town ,city,state our land.YOUR REWARDS A THANK YOU FROM THE ONES YOU HELP. (a vietnam vet)

Winze

Is it too soon to make him a saint?

MM

i want to say thank you to that woman saying everyone is innocent before the court making any decision
it doesn't say MJ is innocent but at least, we should all treat him as innocent by law

stephanie

DEAR CONGRESS! FIX THE FREAKING ECONOMY AND THEN WORRY ABOUT JACKSON K?

Esmarelda

I'm not understanding all this talk about how MJ brought all the whites and blacks together
with his music. My white father bought Nate King Cole & Mills Brothers records in the 1950's.
I bought 4 Tops, Supremes, Martha Revees, Temptaions, etc. records in the 60's & 70's. Whites
have always bought black music. Watch the old variety shows. If whites didn't enjoy the music,
they would have never been performing on these shows in the 1950's & 1960's. I don't see where
he was doing anything so special. There are more people in the world in his time so he had better
sales that the previous black artists.

How many of these so-called mourners are going to the big MJ Memorial in Gary, Indiana
on Friday? Will there just be the artists that have new music coming out to be on the news?
Gee, is Jennifer Hudson a life long friend of the Jackson's too from before she was born?
What the heck was she doing there?

Dean

Doesn't congress have anything else better to do.The whole concept is ridiculous.His music will live on forever.

Nadia

The Congress and Senate should be focusing on MAJOR issues right now, not honoring an entertainer who was a prescription addict and someone accused of child molestation! MAybe if Congress and Senate focused on the really important issuses, we could get through this resession!

Awesome!

If your son was melested, would you take money for it. or would want this person in jail? if anyone is guilty its the greedy parents. MJ was acquitted of the charges. If you believe his guilty , Should'nt your anger be with the court who found him not guilty?And why are you so angry? What did MJ ever do to you? are you jelous? retarded? seriously.

ly9512

Finally someone speaks out about what that stupid congressman was saying! And they were actually being professional about it.

MJ was a great humanitarian and he deserves this recognition.

pua

When will people get it through their trend of the second heads that Michael Jackson was not the be all end all of everything in America. What he was was the poster child for bad behavior that gets lauded in this country. I notice that all the commenters mentioned in Washington were democrats. They are going to, along with the idiots praising this sick person, going to send us feeling good into the poor house.

Terry

global humanitarian and a noted leader?
You have got to be kidding! and with all that is going down in America do we really need these people speaking out and focusing on pop stars?
What next American Idols next winner carved in Mount Rushmore?
Enough of this mockery, get back to work.