LAPD Treating Jackson Death as Homicide

7/15/2009 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Multiple law enforcement sources tell TMZ the LAPD is already treating Michael Jackson's death as a homicide, and they are focusing on Dr. Conrad Murray.

Michael Jackson Death
Law enforcement sources tell us the evidence points to the anesthesia Propofol as the primary cause of Jackson's death. As we first reported, vials of Propofol were found in Jackson's home after he died.

Law enforcement sources say there is already "plenty of powerful evidence" linking Dr. Murray as the person who administered the drug to Jackson. The evidence includes various items found in Jackson's house, including the Propofol, an IV stand and oxygen tank.

Dr. Murray's lawyer would neither confirm nor deny if his client administered the Propofol.

And we've learned the LAPD has had "multiple conversations" with the L.A. County District Attorney's office, although the case has not been formally presented to the D.A.

Michael jackson Launch photos

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

mrez golucky

Yikes!

Ray

1st? nah prolly not

david

FIRST!!

Steph

Its about time!

for all your little needs!

carrie

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BORED WITH THIS STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who cares??? He was an addict and it was an accidentally overdose. Whether he did it or the dr. Neither had anything to gain by him dying. The dr left a practice so he wasn't doing himself any favors killing one of the most infamous people. Not a lot of people would want to be treated by him now. And to Joe Jackson I hope you don't get your way and bury him at Neverland. You are so heartless when you speak of him. There is no love only $$$$$ signs in your eyes. You make me sick.....................

Jen

stupid f**ker
he should get life in prison for that
thats MURDER
cuz he knew exactly what he was doing cuz hes the doctor
& know hes left 3 kids without a dad :(

Annoyed

This is not suprising whatsoever....I think anyone could have put two and two together on this....Dr. Murray is guilty on so many levels....not calling 911 immediately, not administering cpr properly, giving him something that he had no business giving. The whole thing is sickening, Micheal Jackson would still be here if it werent for these spineless Doctors who couldnt be a professional instead of being a yes man to a icon. Every single one of these doctors need to go to jail for a very long time for letting micheal play with dangerous drugs.

Your name

LakersFan

ATTENTION! DEBBIE ROWE SAYS HELL NO! TO RAISING MICHAEL'S KIDS - TMZ YOU'RE A LITTLE SLOW ON THIS BOMBSHELL STORY SO EVERYONE HERE IT IS

Rebecca White, a close friend to the woman, revealed to the syndicated TV show "Extra" several email exchanges and text messages she received from Rowe regarding the custody of Jackson's kids — Michael Jr. 12, and Paris, 11 — just days after the King of Pop's death.

"My lawyer is telling me I have to take some responsibility about the welfare of the children," Rowe wrote in a July 5 email to White. "Do I want the kids? Hell no. Does it look good for me to ask for them? Absolutely. I don't want to look like the woman who gave away her kids and just forgot about them."

"In one text message [Rowe], says, 'Just wait until [July] the 14th. Everything will be done after the 14th.' There's definitely going to be a secret deal. There's definitely going to be a settlement that's going to come out of this," said White.

The Post reported exclusively today that Rowe had cut a sickening $4 million deal to dump the kids. Rowe squeezed the money from her former mother-in-law, 79-year-old Katherine Jackson, in exchange for giving up her custodial rights, sources said.

Rowe's lawyer Eric George sent out a raft of letters today denouncing The Post's story and claiming there had been no secret deal reached.

"Particularly insidious is your misrepresentation that Ms. Rowe has accepted money to give up custody rights," George said in the letter. "That statement is unequivocally false."

Rowe, a former nurse who bore the boy and girl for Jackson, had forfeited her parental rights before in return for big bucks. After their birth, Rowe agreed that Jackson raise the kids in exchange for a lump sum of $8 million, plus $900,000 in annual payments for five years.

When Jackson was accused of child molestation in 2005, Rowe emerged again to reclaim her parental rights. She ended up giving the Gloved One full custody once again — this time for $4 million and a $900,000 home.

White told Extra she believes Rowe is motivated by money.

"The motivation is money," she said. "I really have to be honest... If the children aren't the ones she wants, what else will she gain from it?"

White said Rowe has always been confused about whether she ever wanted to raise the kids.

"I think things change on a daily basis," White said. "It's not like she doesn't love them. It's not like she doesn't want the best for them, but her life is different... The idea of being a mother to those children is something I don't think she really wants."

In an earlier email dated July 2, Rowe said "These kids are not mine. They were never mine. They were always Michael's. I was Michael's best friend.

princesspink

Enough with the death of a pedophile, please. It's boring. I know Michael Jackson hasn't been this stiff since Macaulay Culkin spent the night at Neverland, but let it go. No one cares.

Moni

To #7, alcohol is completely different than prescription medication! Prescription medication is only given through a doctor's order, alcohol isn't! U can't walk into a bar and ask for Propofol, can u?

bob

REMEMBER DOCTOR NICK,,,,,,,E.P.

LakersFan

7. I'm an alcoholic, but if somebody keeps giving me shots and I end up dead crashing into a tree somewhere, you can't totally blame the person who kept giving me the alcohol. The blame would have to mostly fall on me as well. It was my choice.

Posted at 2:18AM on Jul 15th 2009 by Your name
************************************************************************

This is very different from am alcoholic. A bartender doesn't have knowledge or authority to give you medical advice regarding your life and a doctor does. Michael was receiving drugs which only a doctor can prescribe. A doctor is expected to provide you with proper medical advice, treatments, and medicine. Michael knew he was wrong for taking these drugs but he also received reinforcement from his doctors which might have confused him to believe this was ok. Just like when Michael told that nurse that other doctors have already given him Diprivan/Propofol and the doctor said it's ok as long as someone is there to monitor his breathing. Michael was seeking relief and help from his doctors and his doctors instead of helping him just gave him whatever he wanted because all they saw were dollar signs. These doctors are crooked and a sick or addicted patient provides them with a lot more money in their pocket than a healthy patient giving them a perfect reason to feed Michael with things that he became addicted to.

TMZ hits a new low

Clink, clink! I hear the sound of silver bracelets and the sound of a crumbled medical license hitting the wastebasket. Hey #8, try to keep your witty insights to a few lines or less.

Chico

Murray should have known better. But Klein (and all the other doctors through the years that prescribed drugs to an addict) should go down as well. Other perpetrators like enablers who allowed their names to be used for prescriptions to aid MJ's addiction should be held accountable. AEG is somehow negligent as well. How in the f@ck do you insure someone for an overdose but not for a natural death? Murray should go down, but a whole lot of other people should go with him.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments