« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Roethlisberger Accuser -- I Tried to Report It

7/21/2009 7:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ben RoethlisbergerThe woman accusing Ben Roethlisberger of sexual assault claims she tried to tell the head of hotel security about the incident the day after it happened -- but the guy completely blew her off and threatened her job.

In her lawsuit filed last week in Nevada, Andrea McNulty claims Guy Hyder -- the chief of security at Harrah's in Lake Tahoe -- told her she was "over-reacting" and that "most girls would feel lucky to have sex with someone like Ben Roethlisberger."

McNulty also claims Hyder told her that John Koster -- the president of the hotel - will "personally fire you for starting rumors about Roethlisberger's personal life."

McNulty also claims Hyder told her that Koster would be impressed by the sexual encounter, allegedly saying "Koster would love you even more if he knew about this ... Koster would suck his d*ck if Roethlisberger let him."

In the suit, McNulty claims she assumed the incident would be investigated by hotel security, but Hyder "did not do his job of investigating the assault." McNulty also claims she was "afraid of the consequences of going to police authorities since it was obvious to her that Harrah's and it's personnel ... would side with and support Roethlisberger."

McNulty also claims several Harrah's employees broke into her home and ripped files off of her computer, presumably for the purpose of defending themselves against a possible lawsuit.

Several months after the incident -- after McNulty claims she sought psychological treatment because of the encounter -- she claims she had a conversation with Hyder. McNulty says she told Hyder that she had been hospitalized specifically because of the Roethlisberger incident. Hyder allegedly replied, "I figured that was what was wrong, but I thought it was just like a date rape thing."

McNulty claims her bosses told her she was on thin ice at work ... so she preemptively lawyered up.

McNulty is seeking $380,000 in medical fees plus an unspecified amount of punitive damages.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15

Chris

Just proves that all women are crazy, don't trust any of them. Ben doesn't need to rape anyone, plenty of crazy women would easily give it up, anytime. Anyone that says rape is not about sex is stupid and has never had a penis. These stupid women should stay out of mens rooms if sex is not what they are looking for. I'm tired of so many dumb people wanting money for little or no effort on their part.

JANE DOE

I BELIEVE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica in KCMO

Puhhhh-leeeeze! I DO NOT believe this chic one second! Her job at HARRAH'S was threatened? Are there no other places she could have gone to do laundry, be a bell hop, or fix TV's? Since fixing the TV was her claim that Roethisberger called her up to her room.... I'm sorry, but if I was raped, even if I was a CEO or something, would keep me from reporting it! Ugh. When are these hoochie's gonna STOP trying to get $$$ from pro athletes by accusing them OUTSIDE OF CRIMINAL COURT?? Oh, I know, NEVER! Not to mention- the head of the security at her job is NOT the police!!! Dumb a** girl! Ok- let me retract for a second. I know there are plenty of women that are afraid for whatever reason to report rape. I get that. But those women dont try and sue in civil court months after it allegedly happened. She was too "afraid" to tell the cops back then, but is wanting to tell the WORLD now? Get a life.

Jessica in KCMO

Opps... I mean her claim as to why she was called up to HIS room.... sorry..

JANE DOE

MEN/NON-BELIEVERS,

25% of Females have been raped! Your Mom, Aunts, Sisters,Girlfriends,
DON'T BELIEVE THEM EITHER?

MAYBE THEY HAVEN'T TOLD YOU
BECAUSE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE THEM

MAYBE THEY DIDN'T GO TO THE POLICE BECAUSE IT'S LIKE BEING RAPED EMOTIONALLY ALL OVER

MAYBE THEY DIDN'T GO TO THE HOSPITAL BECAUSE IT'S LIKE BEING PHYSICALLY RAPED ALL OVER

GOD GAVE YOU A BRAIN- THINK!!!!! BEFORE YOU SPEAK!!!

AND HAVE A CHAT WITH FEMALES IN YOUR LIFE TONIGHT!!

chris

This is so transparent. IF this happened the law would have attempted to conceal her identity. Instead she goes to an attorney FIRST. Well now everybody knows her and she will be scrutinized as well. Bad move Andrea, you might not get your check after all.

Jessica in KCMO

@BELIEVER- Those women who dont report it because they are afraid, or whatever, DO NOT GO AND SUE THE PERSON THEY SAID RAPPED THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If she was too scared then, but now is "ok" to talk about it to the world, then WHY DID SHE NOT NOW GO TO THE COPS!!!!???? Oh yeah, cuz it DIDNT HAPPEN!! Anyone care to remember the Kobe deal?

thetruth

This doesn't add up...She didn't report to the police, but to her employer?? And for her superiors to make those comments? No way, not in this age of lawsuits. There is no way someone said she'd be "lucky to have sex with B.R." Hell, you can't even tell a woman she looks pretty these days without the threat of a sexual harassment case..and this head of security said THAT? I don't buy it. It sounds like something someone would make up! This was likely a one-night stand gone wrong (i.e. she regrets it, saw him the next year at the event and freaked, he didn't call her back, etc...)..And to all you on here talking about how we men "don't get it" when it comes to sexual assault...Well, I do. For one, this whack job and similar cases like Duke LaCrosse team/Kobe's accuser, etc. make it worse for legitimate assault victims, as too many women have cried wolf in the past. Remember Kobe? They dropped the case because the girl changed her story 15 times! Rape is no joke, it's a horrible crime. But so is falsely accusing someone of it, ruining their reputation (regardless of whether they're found innocent or guilty), and subjecting them to humiliation and shame. I know personally because it happened to me in college. In this case, if the police didn't see enough to investigate, then I'm ok with that.

thetruth

Funny how someone one these boards always knows someone involved...."I have friends/family that know person A...." And you just happened on this article and decided to comment?? RIIIGGGHHTTTT....And Ben is no oppressive brute, he's actually a very nice man with his crap together, who's never been in trouble before...I went to school when he did at a rival school (Ball State), so I knew OF HIM. I didn't know him, though. But everything I have heard about him makes this accusation seem very suspicious. If it's false, she's hurting every other assault victim. whoever made the "I have friends that know her..." comment, CC, or whatever, it's clear you are a feminist man-hater to the bone.

jennifer

Well you males on this board are what the women in the world spend most of their lives avoiding! Can't wait to see you all throw a hissy fit- because I am so right!!
Ben Is an ugly creep! The only women who can stand to be around him are either blind or related to him by blood! Tom Brady is HOT women throw themselves at him!!- Ben is NOT! Women would rather throw themselves over a cliff than to have Big Ugly Ben touch them! Poor ole boys... you only approve of Ben raping women because- like yourselves, it is the only way Ben can get a female to stay close to him for longer than one second without puking!! You guys I can describe without having to see you-
Ugly mugs, fat guts, bald heads, dirty teeth and a beer in your hand- I just described every male Ben Supporter on this board I know I am so right!!

randy

john koster is a pervert,,, ask him about have had sexual relations with a dairy cow. he will turn red in the face and run away without giving you an answer. he's gay and his wife is a ***** flasher!

randy

my name is randy and i approve the message!

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15