« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Roethlisberger Accuser -- I Tried to Report It

7/21/2009 7:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ben RoethlisbergerThe woman accusing Ben Roethlisberger of sexual assault claims she tried to tell the head of hotel security about the incident the day after it happened -- but the guy completely blew her off and threatened her job.

In her lawsuit filed last week in Nevada, Andrea McNulty claims Guy Hyder -- the chief of security at Harrah's in Lake Tahoe -- told her she was "over-reacting" and that "most girls would feel lucky to have sex with someone like Ben Roethlisberger."

McNulty also claims Hyder told her that John Koster -- the president of the hotel - will "personally fire you for starting rumors about Roethlisberger's personal life."

McNulty also claims Hyder told her that Koster would be impressed by the sexual encounter, allegedly saying "Koster would love you even more if he knew about this ... Koster would suck his d*ck if Roethlisberger let him."

In the suit, McNulty claims she assumed the incident would be investigated by hotel security, but Hyder "did not do his job of investigating the assault." McNulty also claims she was "afraid of the consequences of going to police authorities since it was obvious to her that Harrah's and it's personnel ... would side with and support Roethlisberger."

McNulty also claims several Harrah's employees broke into her home and ripped files off of her computer, presumably for the purpose of defending themselves against a possible lawsuit.

Several months after the incident -- after McNulty claims she sought psychological treatment because of the encounter -- she claims she had a conversation with Hyder. McNulty says she told Hyder that she had been hospitalized specifically because of the Roethlisberger incident. Hyder allegedly replied, "I figured that was what was wrong, but I thought it was just like a date rape thing."

McNulty claims her bosses told her she was on thin ice at work ... so she preemptively lawyered up.

McNulty is seeking $380,000 in medical fees plus an unspecified amount of punitive damages.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jennifer Bouldack

Ok, one last comment. As for my attack, I did NOT report my assault. I knew I would suffer again at the hands of people like you who are posting on this board. And my attacker, 30 years ago, was someone well known in his area who had plenty of women at his call. Perhaps I should be ashamed for not reporting this crime.

But you people - you don't know what happened, but women reading these comments you make will take them into consideration when THEY get attacked. And THEY will remain silent like me. And rapists will continue to rape. Only next time, it might be your sister, your daughter, your mother.

I think it is you people who should be ashamed. Now, that really is all I am going to say, because I am not going to stick around to read any more of this trash.

Anita

She screwed around with a married man and now she is accusing an athlete of rape after having consensual sex with him last year?
Sorry but this sounds an awful lot like the mental case who accused Kobe.

Only marry foreign women

False Accusations of Rape Common

America's false rape culture. She learned how to lie in college.

Anita

Joan honey. Maybe you wre honestly raped.
But this girl has been spreading her legs an awful lot to be believed. Sorry.

Only marry foreign women

My brother was falsly accused of rape.

Bettjeman, a woman, told police my brother broke into her house and raped her on last year.

Police took the allegations seriously and arrested my brother, who spent seven days in custody, jail.

Bettjeman was examined by a doctor, who specialised in sexual indecency, and many cops were involved in a week-long investigation.

"The investigation finally revealed that the defendant was in a deceitful relationship with her sister's boyfriend and made up the false allegation to cover it up," police prosecutor sergeant Mark Harris said.

It caused my family stress and my brother, and it cost the cost $10,000 to investigate.

No charges were brought against the liar. She ought have spent time in jail.

Only marry foreign women

I was falsely accused of rape on Feb 7th, 2008.

My wife had died two years before, and although I had a couple of girlfriend relationships since her death, they were relatively shallow and short-lived.

To make a long, horrible story somewhat short, I picked up my first one-night stand on Friday, February 1st, 2008. We did several sexual acts together, all explicitly consensual. I even gave her my gate opener to my property the next morning so she could come back that evening and we'd grill steaks together. Anyways, during that Saturday, I got a series of creepy phone calls from her about panic attacks caused by the death of her boyfriend 7 months previously. She also ranted and raved about the doctor who wouldn't prescribe any more panic pills since they are addictive. Her last phone call was sweet and nice, and she wanted to know if we needed anything from the store before she came over.

I told her I was tired and that I'd give her a rain check. She got insanely mad--called me some names, and asked how to give me my gate opener. When I picked up the gate opener four days later, she didn't seem too happy to see me, but what the heck. That afternoon, she bruised the side of her mouth and face, went to the Sheriff's Office, said I raped her and kept her prisoner in the house.

Two nights later, the police came over with a warrant and tore apart my house for forensic evidence. To make things worse, I did have some pot in one my nightstand drawers (to which I admitted guilt). The bail was $100,000 for charges of sexual battery and false imprisonment (LIES!!!). The pot charge was ROR. The attorney's fees were $75,000. I also resigned from my career as an executive at a major southern university--not because of the false sexual charges--but because of the pot possession for which I was indeed guilty. I didn't buy it (grew a few plants on my own acreage for personal use), didn't sell it, and didn't smoke it in public. I was guilty, but that is a repercussion of what this horrible, evil woman did to me.

The charges were dropped within three months after we subpoenaed my phone records and noted that she had called me NINE (9) times the next day. I got probation with adjudication withheld for the marijuana possession charges. Because she filed a false police report and perjured herself under oath during an injunction hearing shortly before the sexual charges was dismissed. I tried to get her prosecuted. The state attorney's office will NOT prosecute her. As I've heard from so many police officers and attorneys, women who file such false charges are rarely, if EVER, charged for their heinous acts. For whatever it's worth, I've come to realize that what happened to me is not uncommon. I am thankful that I found this website since it might "help" to know that what happened to me has happened, is happening, and will continue to happen to other decent men who ran across the "wrong" woman. Any replies or comments would be welcome.

Bash a Pap

Guys like him think they rule the world... And if you support him, then you are a big part of the problem.

Only marry foreign women

Rape Shield Laws do not allow a defendant to introduce the prior sexual conduct of the complainant. Thus, Rape Shield Laws that are intended to encourage more women to come forward and testify have simply made it easier to falsely accuse and convict an innocent man. The testimony of any other woman who says a man has assaulted her is admissible in court, without evidence or corroboration and whether she has ever reported the alleged crime to anyone or not.

Anita

In the Kobe case, didn't the tests show semen from several different guys in the girl's fornix?
Sorry ladies but if you mess around that much no one will believe you.

Anita

Oh this accuser is just another bimbo who got tired of working and now wants to retire with a few million.
This whole case seems fishy and contrived.

Only marry foreign women

The Duke University lacrosse prosecution ordered 46 of the 47 team members to provide DNA samples. The players gave cheek swabs and statements to the police the day after the party. The guys also offered to take lie-detector tests, but the police turned them down.

DNA from sperm of six males were found inside Crystal Gail Mangum. None of the DNA matched the 46 lacrosse player or Mangum's boyfriend.

Margnum was a single mother who wanted the attention. No charges were brought against her by the police. She got a book deal "The Last Dance for Grace: The Crystal Mangum Story"

Only marry foreign women

Some might have forgotten that now-retired and beloved ex-Pittsburgh Steeler Jerome Bettis once was subjected to a rape claim. In that case, the District Attorney said there was "clear" evidence that the accuser planned to use the allegation to extort money from Bettis, and no charges were brought against the popular Steeler.

The woman was not arrested or charged.

Rampage

You can't rape a whore. That's her job. She's open all night like a 7-11 store.

I Will Take Being Born White Any Day - Thats Worth Much More To Me, #6

I can totally see I'm Terrified Of Cats (4:43 on Monday night's show), and Howard Stern's Long Lost Son (8:59) getting it on. Yeah, they would definitely make a hot couple.

LMS

This woman willingly went to a strange man's hotel room. What did she think they were going to do, play chess?