Kelis Hits Home Run in Court

7/23/2009 4:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelis Hits Home Run in CourtKelis just hit the jackpot in court today -- a judge awarded her a ton of money in her bitter divorce battle with estranged hubby Nas.

A judge decided Nas has to pay Kelis $55,000 a month in combined spousal and child support plus the mortgage on their L.A. residence.

Nas also has to pay Kelis -- who gave birth last night to the couple's only child -- for the baby nurse, prenatal expenses and medical insurance.

The rapper also has to pay $35,000 to his worst nightmare -- Kelis' lawyer, disso-queen Laura Wasser.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

BigBodyG

He ought to pay her in 1 dollar bills, stuff them in a garbage bag and piss in it each month.

She got with him for the money because she was a one-hit wonder.

bigman

GOOD FOR YA ASS NAS.......YOUR MUSIC SUCKS GAS

Sean Carter

It comes from STUPIDY.Plain and simple..

Posted at 4:27PM on Jul 23rd 2009 by The Truth

I think you meant "stupidity"? Seeing as you can't spell in your own language I'm not surprised that you're unfamiliar with names from other languages. Nas is a nickname for his real name, Nasir.

Sean Carter

and I care about these two -ucknuggets why????

Posted at 4:15PM on Jul 23rd 2009 by iwanttoholdyourbigtits

Because you're on TMZ, a damn celebrity news site?

John

I hate when men get screwed in court but...

LOLOLOLOLOL NAS your a dead beat worthless assclown. I am happy your loosing that cash... Next time maybe your learn how to be a MAN.

Sammie

DUD IS A COMPLETE DOUCHE.HE SHOULD HAVE TO PAY MORE JUST FOR THE FACT THAT HE'S A ASS.HE SHOULD'VE OWNED UP LONG TIME AGO INSTEAD OF SAYING HE WASN'T GONNA PAY FOR HER CARE,WHEN SHE IS CARRYING HIS SON.

gigi

hittin em' in the pockets is the only thing these kids seem to understand. Maybe Nas shouldn't have been talking s@*t about a woman that he obviously thought was good enough to marry, let alone have a baby with. If the choice of $2500/mth or $55,000/mth was given to you, which would you choose? I thought so! Nas should've been a real man and know when to shut the f%*k up! The comments he made about her were very disrespectful.

pjbutta2

Nas . . . ya should have stepped up to the plate man and settled out of court! Ya gettin' just what ya deserve and the judge made an example out of you so all the other dead beats (with a cash flow) can take note. Ya gotta take care of your baby and your baby's mama! Ya treated Kelis like she was some dumb a## groupie that ya knocked up and she deserves a lot better Nas, a lot better! Nas you are the #2 dog of all dogs (#1 was football player Ray Carueth). Kelis . . . congrats on the birth of YOUR son. I'm sure you'll teach your son how to respect women and not be like his father. I wish you and Knight the best life has to offer. And Nas . . . any woman in her right mind shouldn't come within a 1,000 feet of you, but there's always b###### sniffin' in the alley looking for a handout.

michael jackson

NAS = n/iggers are stupid

Blanket's Mom

I am going to officially become a GROUPIE. I completely understand now why groupies act the way they do over men with money. People spend years and years trying to go to school to have a career and they will never make that much money a month $55K. I am going to quit my job and find some idiot celebrity to get knocked up by. Hell it beats working a 9-5 for the rest of your life. I mean why did he get married to her if they were just going to divorce. Marriage is a joke these days. It's cheaper to try and work things out. I mean they didn't even try to work it out after the baby was born.

Grap

Stop Hatin' u don't know the situation is, so stop being judgemental!!!! Forum full of ignorant people quick to judge!!

gomaozdaba

wow ..and some people really think racisim in this country is dead .. how sad ! i have come to the conclusion that white people just HATE black people. there is no reason. they just HATE us. the comments on this thread are pure HATE..Nas has had one of the best rap careers one could have..pure ignorance... pure hate.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11