Kelis Hits Home Run in Court

7/23/2009 4:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelis Hits Home Run in CourtKelis just hit the jackpot in court today -- a judge awarded her a ton of money in her bitter divorce battle with estranged hubby Nas.

A judge decided Nas has to pay Kelis $55,000 a month in combined spousal and child support plus the mortgage on their L.A. residence.

Nas also has to pay Kelis -- who gave birth last night to the couple's only child -- for the baby nurse, prenatal expenses and medical insurance.

The rapper also has to pay $35,000 to his worst nightmare -- Kelis' lawyer, disso-queen Laura Wasser.

Sidney

These aren't most people. Based on the settlement amounts, you can imagine what their income is. The judge wouldn't be ordering him to pay what he doesn't have. Why all the uproar? This is what happens in family court for the wealthy every day. Over it.

ksuede

That's what you get for getting married! Sucker!

REAL

TO 35. 7.

WHERE IN THE HELL DO THEY GET THOSE STUPID NAMES.....

ARE THEY DUE TO EBONICS ??? DUMB ASSES........... WHAT IS NAS FOR NASTY ??

Posted at 3:45PM on Jul 23rd 2009 by real

Typical ignorant white racist. Naz is a stage name you idiot, like Madonna's real name is not Madonna. Naz' real name is Nasir Jones.

Posted at 4:13PM on Jul 23rd 2009 by JoJo Dancer

MADONNA'S REAL NAME IS MADONNA YOU DUMD ASS !!

RACIST... NOT ME... MAYBE YOU ARE , BUT I AM NOT... TAKE IGNORANT AND STUFF IT UP YOUR AZZ OR NAS SAME THING..

ARE YOU A BLACK RACIST ?? YOU DO KNOW BLACK ARE FAR MORE RACIST THEN NON BLACKS

BYW....I AM NOT WHITE... READ A BOOK PLEASE..... STAY OFF THE PIPE

REAL

TO JO JO

Madonna (born Madonna Louise Ciccone on August 16, 1958),

benchmark

To #6 Hugs&Kisses:
Obviously, she can afford 5 strollers now that she collects $55K monthly-- and to the other jerk who wrote she should have her mother and sister help her-- why? They have no obligation to help her-- her so-called "husband" is reponsible for whatever, not her family-- even though they may feel a moral responsibility... left him pay.

GL

54. LMAO....pay your child support too! He is an uneducated fool, as are you!

Posted at 4:36PM on Jul 23rd 2009 by LOL

Can you try to write that question out again in English so I have an idea what your argument is? I'd love to debate with you, but 'LMAO' and 'LOL" aren't really talking points..

hamilTonyan

I thought Nas was his nickname because of his huge nas-al passages.

sane

Posted at 3:58PM on Jul 23rd 2009 by stopping stupidity

Go to Hell
Why can't they use there real names instead of street gang names??????????????

That says it ALL!!!!!!!
THUGS

Sally

It's cheaper to keep her.
Send her roses.

stretch

Nas is his real name too idiots. Nasir Jones, guess its just too African for you racist morons

Why are you commenting if you don't even know who they are? Do you have lives?

I am a fan of Nas always have been, always will. He loved her, married her, was dumb by not getting a pre-nup and is paying for it

He will take care of his son, like he takes care of his daughter

He has a lot of talent, but if you hate rap then you will get the typical uneducated, no-talent response. He is an incredible lyricist point-blank and one of the most consistent rappers ever going on 15 years.

Rampage

IT'S CHEAPER TO KEEP HER!

On this one, NAS seems like he's losing it. I don't know what's going on with him but he needs to stop and look at what path he is on. I think he's either using too many drugs or he's become and alcoholic, or both. Time to check in to some sort of rehabilitation program.

Sidney

The best way to address ignorant commentary: Don't. Effort put in educating the instigator (or anyone who had half a brain to begin) is wasted. Stooping to their level lends support to the statement that stands as ignorant on its own. Left to talk amongst themselves, those who post these obnoxious statements will eventually get bored and move on. Being engaged, on the other hand, is exactly the reward they seek because they have successfully manipulated people into confirming they have pushed buttons. Stop feeding them, please.

joeygirl45

You go girl!!! I don't know why men... if you can call NAS a "man" think they can just walk away from a new "life" they helped create. I just don't get it. Thank God for mom's. Don't know what I would have done without her. Even though I managed to raise three sons with NO child support.... and I even managed to be "nice" when my ex decided to spend time with them.... I sleep very well at night....no regrets. Don't know how well he sleeps but it's too late now as they are all grown up. And no, I'm not bitter...I got the better end of the deal here. My boys have grown into fine, wonderful, responsible young men and I, not HIM, am extremely proud. (I know he is too...he just can't take any credit) No matter what the relationship between a wife and husband is... the children are not "pawns"....they are young lives who will someday have an impact on society.... and they will only go out there armed with what you teach them. Good luck to them though....

intellectualthugg

$55,000 A month all because she made sex video before they married which he got extorted to buy and then said she wasn't worth it all...that makes him a douchebag..if you had to lay out money to buy your wife's sexual escapades away from the public eye wouldn't you against supporting her now? Somehow ppl always say rappers are douchebags, some of these men are actually educated, successful outside of music and love their families. He has a daughter whom he has taken great care of in her years of life...his ex didn't do all of this nor did she have a sex tape. Are we forgetting this all started because KELIS HAD A SEX TAPE!!!!!!!!

BikerGirl

She was not the one who told him he was not allowed in the room, hospital personnel refused to let him in. The first time he showed up was right after his concert and he was WASTED. Not exactly a bright idea to go to the hospital DRUNK to see your soon to be ex-wife give birth. I don't think she deserves as much as she is getting, but she is not the one who decides how much she gets. The court decides on a percentage table based on his income. Guess he should have either A. Not cheated on her and cause the divorce to begin with or B. Used a condom.