Kelis Hits Home Run in Court

7/23/2009 4:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelis Hits Home Run in CourtKelis just hit the jackpot in court today -- a judge awarded her a ton of money in her bitter divorce battle with estranged hubby Nas.

A judge decided Nas has to pay Kelis $55,000 a month in combined spousal and child support plus the mortgage on their L.A. residence.

Nas also has to pay Kelis -- who gave birth last night to the couple's only child -- for the baby nurse, prenatal expenses and medical insurance.

The rapper also has to pay $35,000 to his worst nightmare -- Kelis' lawyer, disso-queen Laura Wasser.

stretch

Solomon post 106 is correct

TMZ get the facts straight!

One Love Nas, keep your head up and can't wait to hear the collab project with Damian Marley

Reggie

44K or 55K a month! That is still a ton of money for 30 seconds of pleasure.

Only marry foreign women

Men are stupid. She was a stranger like 5 years ago. Now dude's giving her over $15-20 million. WTF

KC

I am HAPPY she got all she wanted! This must be such a victory for her. I was married for 9 years and my husband cheated on me, literally changed the locks on me several times, harassed me out of the house. Stalked me, found my new residence, stole my vehicle and sold it. And has skirted his responsibilities financially. His attitude was JUST like Nas' very much avoidance and egotistical. Not really thinking about the consequences of their actions. I can't WAIT to have my day in court with my ex. At first, all i wanted was my vehicle fully in my name and him out of my life. He ignored the property settlement agreement and sold our mutual property and left me high and dry. The family court system is going to EAT HIM ALIVE and I can't wait! The only type of men that do this to women are men who HATE the woman for whatever reason. It stems from malice and nothing more. Good riddens!

Only marry foreign women

F#ck me NAS. I'll have your baby. I'll ask for less per month. Me love you long time.

George

Damn..... if you see Nas trying to get onto OJ's visitor list for golf advice don't be surprised...

LBCER

That's what his drunk, stupid ass gets. HA-HA He showed up to the hospital drunk! He acted like an ass towards her for months. If you read carefully it says $55K/month in SPOUSAL SUPPORT AND CHILD SUPPORT.

Only marry foreign women

Marriage is a sham for men. There is no benefit. If you are about to get married, think it over. Don't let your d*ck do your thinking for you.

smithy

Good...one more for the babies...now just think how many are without...sad to say...anyway...CONGRATS KELIS AND TO YOUR BABY...ENJOY...although having a baby without a father is hard, from a mother to a mother you can do it...you don't need another child (Nas).

KEEYSHAJ50

DAMN KELIS JUST GOT PAID,AS FOR NAS HE BETTER STEP HIS MONEY GAME UP THIS ABOUT TO BE CRAZY LOL.

Solomon

Where is everyone getting Nas not being a father from? He already has said he will take care of the child and he has joint custody of the kid and hes already a father to his daughter. Damn you people just assume something based on a TMZ article which by the way isn't even accurate.

time to come out

LOL.. someone else already said it but this what he gets for marrying her and knocking her up. He blew it. Nas=owned.

daisy

$55,000 for a milkshake that brings all the boys to the yard?

Please!

TO REAL:

ask gwenyth Paltrow what Ebonics Book did she read, her daughters name is Apple

Demi Moore- daughters name is Rumer & Tallulah what is a Tallulah and who spreading a Rumer

Only marry foreign women

What security is there for men in marriage?
If I cheat on my wife, she gets my kids, 18 years of my income, and half my sh1t.
If she cheats on me, she still gets my kids, 18 years of my income, and half my sh1t.
Why should i get married?