« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Shaq to Beckham -- You're Afraid, Very Afraid

8/4/2009 10:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

This might be the greatest piece of video we have ever shot! WATCH THIS!

"The Diesel" is looking to run right over David Beckham -- 'cause last night Shaquille O'Neal was trash talking like crazy, calling out the "scared" Galaxy star for refusing to accept his one-on-one soccer challenge.

Shaq: Click to watch
Quick recap: Shaq threw down the gauntlet on Becks, via Twitter, saying "u will never score a goal on me, I challenge you lil man." David responded by deflecting attention, telling press "I don't see him calling Kobe out ... I think Kobe could score against him."

But last night at the Sherman Oaks Galleria, Shaq took the smack talk to another level -- saying to Beckham, "There's no way you'd score on me ... how many goals did you score for the Galaxy?"

Shaq didn't just entertain our photog, dude shook hands and posed with every single fan who approached him ... and for the record, we've never seen Beckham do that.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

BillInLondon

I like both these guys-- they are great. I know my fellow Americans back home don't know Becks very well, but he is a great guy, does a lot for charity and for youth in sports back here in the UK.

clarky

Shaq is a fading sports celebrity. He just wants to ride Beckham's current popularity.

guy rich

THIS STORY IS STUPID HARVEY. OJ JUST GOT RELEASED ON BAIL!! HIS ATTORNEYS ARE THE BEST HES INVINCIBLE!

rimman

Shaq's a d-bag who only cares about his crappy reality show. Maybe if he spent more time playing basketball he'd have another chamionship, instead he's just another loser.

susan

shaq is begging for attention, becks is right challenge kobe shak you attention whore

Al

I love that Shaq is so accommodating for his fans. Not many MAJOR stars are like that. I also think it is funny that he is calling out Beckham. I think Shaq has no chance against Beckham, and he knows it. It's all a big joke to Shaq so that he can get some pointers from Beckham. Shaq & Beckham should turn this into a fund raising opportunity that will make them both look good no matter what the outcome is.

Gary

Good, standard interest-building hype, and fun play-acting.

kaytea

david beckham is the nicest dude ever! he nearly always has time for fans, proper football ones anyway. this shaq dude sounds like an eejit!!

laarni damalerio

oh God i used to love shaq when he played for LA lakers but now?! seriously,he needs soo much attention! look at his dam ugly face! he is nothing compared to david! i hope david will keep his cool and never stoop down to shaq's level!

wishing they would just go the hell away!

Shaq's da man! (i'd be afraid to be opposite of that freight train coming at me)

Tim

Shaq is such a nice guy. Look how he treats fans and people who want to shake his hand or take a picture with him. That's a true celebrity and a good person. I am very impressed.

blah blah blah

Shaq is sooooo freakin funny and as a human being, he is awesome, look up the things he does, he is a good man!

you must stupid

If you don't mind waiting a couple of years to see your doctor to find out what that silly little pain is in your chest, or if you really hate your grandparents and wish they'd stop being kept alive by their annoying doctors then please, voice your support for President Obama's Socialized Medicine proposal. Thank you.

den in sac

Shaq has got to be one of the nicest celebrities. Very cool.

connieA

pic of David Beckham and my friend Justin Gray
LEt me tall ya Beckham was SO SO Nice to us !!!
THANK YOU DAVID!!!!