Paula Abdul -- Out for Real

8/5/2009 10:28 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Abdul -- Out for RealWe thought it was a negotiating ploy, but our "American Idol" sources say Paula Abdul is really gone and will not return.

FOX issued a statement saying, "While Paula will not be continuing with us, she's a tremendous talent and we wish her the best." It definitely sounds real.

We know Paula was ticked at the salary disparity between her and others -- while Ryan Seacrest just made a $45 million/3 year deal and Simon Cowell can buy a small country with his "Idol" money, Paula was getting somewhere between $2 and $3 mil a year.

Here's the weird part: FOX could definitely afford to up the ante and seal the deal, which indicates they weren't that into her.

And they just signed Kara DioGuardi -- which we just don't get at all.

Paula Abdul

Yoli1575

I won't be watching anymore. After this past season with Kara spewing her senseless BS. Bumping her gums off at contestants and trying to out sing them I was done then!

helen

i am sooo bored with all of this. can't wait to see what paula does next. i am pretty sure that will be entertainment. just cause it always has been. will she give us another rythm nation now????? i loved that, maybe rhianna this time instead of janet?? although i do still love janet too! no lady gaga crap please. i find her type of crap far more irritating than paula's. can't wait paula, bring it on

RAY

the show will NOT be the same ... less likely to watch ...

lol

This show has officially jumped the shark...

Doug

Paula's nuttiness added tremendous entertainment value to the show, and FOX's decision not to give her a modest raise was a misjudgment.

imjustnoisy

I will not watch American Idol ever again without Paula. Here's the pay scales in all companies.
1.white men
2.white women
3.black men
4.black women
They also rig the show and pick who they want to win.

Greg C.

I can't believe that any of this is a shock. Her elimination was planned and well executed by the Producers of the show. I am pleased to see her go and will find the show better without her.

UGGGGHHH

GIVE HER THE MONEY. SAME PAY AS RYAN SEACREST............. I WILL MISS THE INTERACTION WITH SIMON AND RANDY........

JB in San Diego

She's brought a lot of publicity to the show - dropping her may not be the smartest business decision.

JustSayin

Thank you Joepublic........3M is just not enough for Paula? She must need more $$ for her pain killers.

Idol00Watcher

There is no polite way to say it but I don't like Kara either. I didn't find her funny or even informative, I just found her grating. Her voice was like nails on a chalkboard. I liked Paula's craziness. Her upbeat support for the contestants balanced Simon's more harsh (but honest) critiques. I am less likely to watch. I'm half tempted to not watch just to boycott the decision.

bruno13

Maybe they're tired of waking her up from her "Pain Killer Coma" before each and every show!

Miles

Paula made the show interesting....HELLO!!! The times I did watch that POS show it wasnt for Seacrest, Simon or Jackson. Hell I would watch to see what Paula would say and do. Show sucks anyways....but I do know some who definately will not watch. But seriously though.....who cares. AI is about as legit as Ruben Studdardds career so far.

cochino

Less likely to watch A.I.

X Don't F'n care

Triple Play

Thank God the Crazy Drugged out old no talent Ho Bag is gone YES!!!