Beckham Puts the KiPOSH on Paula Abdul

8/7/2009 6:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Victoria Beckham has landed and is ready for her closeup ... as a temp judge on "American Idol."

Victoria Beckham
With Paula Abdul off "Idol" -- for now -- the former Spice Girl arrived in Denver on Friday just in time for the start of the show's auditions.

If anyone can help crush the hopes and dreams of thousands of wannabe singers ... it's Victoria.

sodapopp

she looks like an animae character

Hollywood's a Hazard

Don't we already have our quota of brits on american tv? I could give a royal ripping sheet if we never see another brit on the tube. Enough already!

L

RU Freakin kidding me-Her head is as big as a continent and she obviously is on a waste me to nothing diet so you think I look pretty-Puhleezzz-Spare me-Another vapid useless shell of a person-I'dather Paulas quirkiness as that was real-What part of this one VB is real/ Her head is a whole planet! Spoiled girl-spoiled yet again....
Puty on Whoopie Goldberg-Yup-thats real-and EVERONE will come to love her- I Vote Whoppi Goldberg!!!!!
I can relate to that!!!!!!!Go Whoppi-Go Whoppi!!!!

Corbin

Seriously??? I can't imagine a single pseudo-recording industry person who is LESS qualified. Well ... maybe those guys from Milli Vanilli .... but still.

L

Idol needs to wake up if they think that Beckham can bring in viewers. Who even liked the Spice Girls? A.I. needs to quit playing around, pay Paula the money and get on with the show. The money she wants is a drop in the bucket for them. If they don't bring Paula back, their ratings are going to drop considerably and they all will be out of job.

ResteSeul

What the hell, how a JUDGE !!! she don't dance, she don't sing, she only know how to vomit, poor A.I. ...

jenagain

this season is sooooo gonna suck!
i wont be watching...too painful just thinking about it...ugh!

Wowzers

OHH! IM ACTUALLY REALLY EXCITED...AND I WAS ALL FOR PAULA. THANK GOD ITS NOT JUST KARA (BARF) SHE IS SUCCCH A BUZZ KILL. HAHA...NO BUT IN ALL HONESTLY, I APPLAUD THIS REPLACEMENT. I DONT EXACLY "LOVE" VICTORIA BUT SHE WILL BE GREAT ENTERTAINMENT IM SURE. I MEAN IF ANYTHING, AND THE SHOW SUCKS LIKE IT DOES AFTER THE AUDITIONS, WE CAN LOOK AT HER AMAZING BOD. :)

Miss Ross

Yuck, not my cup of tea.

Black Power

How does she rate as a musical judge? She sang back up for a horrible girl group. She hasn't done squat in the music industry since the Spice Girls broke up. She has no right judging an elementry school singing contest, let alone America Idol. I predict the end of AI after this. Send her boney ass back to the UK, along with her useless husband, Beckham. That guy played American sooer fans for fools. Can someone tell me, has he even scored a goal since he ripped us off for millions of dollars?

Money Talks

Is this a half smile we see on that strange face ? BRING PAULA BACK, WE WANT PAULA, ENOUGH BRITS ON AMERICAN TV, that Condoleeza look-alike doesn't need the money. Give the paycheck to an American.

joho777

Well, I agree with American Idol. There are few women who are as unattractive as Paula Abdul, but Victoria Beckham is certainly one of them.

LakersFan

I thought they were supposed to get Jennifer Lopez as a judge.

I Will Take Being Born White Any Day - Thats Worth Much More To Me, #6

This chick became a has-been back when Jesus was a lad.

jOhNNy bOttLeS

Trade in the pill head for a malnurished british accent.......I'd rather tune into the pill head. I only watch for the train wreck, definately not for Simon's nipples is that the style over there or something. The only thing I'll be thinkn of is "purging" watching that spice teenage looking undeveloped freak. Enough with the damn british accents already. WE CAN ALWAYS CALL HER THE "GEICO LIZARD". Go rub your muffin honey.