Clooney to Sue Paps Over Underage Photos

8/14/2009 5:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

George Clooney sues paparazziGeorge Clooney is gearing up for a legal war in Italy -- claiming invasive paparazzi climbed over the wall of his Italian home and shot a topless photo of a 13-year-old girl changing in one of his guest rooms.

The photographer also took shots of Clooney and his girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis enjoying private moments in the yard of his estate.

The photos were published in two magazines -- and in a statement to TMZ, Clooney says he's gunning to sue both the mags and the photog who took the pictures.

"We're suing two magazines AND a photographer. I don't know about the law in the United States but in Italy it's illegal for photographers to climb over my wall and to take long lens pictures of a 13-year-old girl in her bedroom.

I draw the line of privacy at that."

--George Clooney

H.B

Go get 'em George. While you're at it, why don't you hire your own photogs to go after those TMZ guys and their undeserved private lives. In particular, Levin, who I'm certain has nothing to hide since "he's a lawyer".

tb

It is hard to believe how many idiots would make nasty remarks re this issue. George, I hope you do sue and win and the photographer should go to jail for taking the picture. This has too stop.

its me

WHO IS THE 13 YR OLD GIRL???????? THATS WHAT I WANT TO FIND OUT !!!!!!!!!

CRAZY IS AS CRAZY DOES

WHEN IN ROME...DO WHAT THE ROMANS DO. I"M SICK OF ALL THE BULL, BUT HERE IN AMERICA IT'S A CRIME, I FIND NOTHING APPEALING ABOUT A TEENAGER. BUT WHO KNOWS WHAT THE LAW IS IN EROUPE. I PREFER MATURE WOMEN, IT'S DISGUSTING TO EVEN LOOK AT A CHILD IN THAT WAY OR TAKE PHOTO'S.

agnes

The pap's pics are george's fault! if he didn't put that "CANALIS" on his house - this girls is always in topless and calling paps to take her "boobs" pics, Clooney and his guests will have privacy. The same "Clooney way". He calls spotlights to his life and skanks GFs, then he put the blame on the press.
Who said to him that we-italians- are happy with his "Hollywood parties" at Como! Stupid guy!

LWood

Go get 'em, George! That was way over the line...

Kilmerfan

I detest Clooney, but he is right on this one. In my opinion that is still a little girl.

something smells

WHY IS A 13 YEAR OLD AT HIS HOME?????

Illise

I agree with george in this one, is like they climb on your wall and take pictures of you or your kids when they are changing clothes or leaving the shower thats unrespectfull besides if they took pictures of this girl its obvious they were going to say he was dating and undeerage girl, jesus now celebrities cant have friends with family?

dee

Why is he suing? Where are this parents of this 13 year old staying at Clooney's house?

english

Um, JACK DOZIER, what is wrong with your caps lock key and what's up with the apostrophe in the word photos? Are you pecking out these messages from rehab?

homer

So what are you saying Agnes?.. It sounds like you may know who the girl is.

Sam

he should and Arnold should also, See this http://www.techmasher.com/terminator-arrested-naked/

Sam

Well he should and Arnold should as well for this http://www.techmasher.com/terminator-arrested-naked/

Cinner

I hope he wins. I know if anyone published pics of my or any of my friends 13 year old daughter topless I would be doing alot more than just suing, I'd probably end up in jail.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments