Jon & Kate's Fight -- Blame the Babysitter

8/14/2009 2:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

You can blame the babysitter for Jon and Kate Gosselin's blowup last night.

Play video

Sources close to Jon and Kate tell TMZ that Kate was upset because Jon wanted to leave the kids with Stephanie Santoro -- the babysitter who was handpicked by Jon.

We're told Kate has serious trust issues with Santoro, and doesn't want her playing nanny with her kids. Kate went to the house to watch the kids instead of Santoro -- and that sparked the fight that ended with Kate calling 911.

Jon pretty much confirmed all this -- in his words -- this morning at his house. When in doubt, blame the nanny.

neo

Sounds to me that she's the instigator. it was his turn with the kids and she needs to approve the babysitter? Gosh he didnt' interfere with her own babysitter.

crystal

Kate went packing to a hotel GREAT!!! GO JON!!!!!!!!

SickofTMZ

Please for the love of all that is holy, quit giving these two losers more coverage! They continue to pimp out their children, with TLC blessings. Contact the Discovery channel and demand they end this show!

T-in-SD

Jon's an idiot. Parents don't babysit their own kids. I hope Kate uses incidents like these if there's ever a custody battle. It doesn't seem like Jon wants any custody anyways, would rather whore out with any ugly bitch under the sun. The poor kids being affected by this idiocy. Seems like Mady and Cara are going to be the ones looking after the 5yr olds more. Jon's too focused on the ho's than the kids. sad. What an idiot.

JustMe

I would never, ever leave this idiot with my kids. OMG, what a loser.

ruth

I don't see why either one of them need babysitters or nannies. It's called being a parent and RAISING YOUR KIDS!! I had 3 kids in 3 yrs and had zero help, if I had an appt or needed to go shopping then I just took all 3 of them with me. Right now their kids are 5 and 8, it's not like they are babies, they should be able to do everything by themselves at this point. Maybe a sitter for things like going to the dr or whatever, but it always seems like they BOTH have a 'babysitter' or 2 or 3 hanging around, in addition to the camera crew and production assistants. Neither of them have ANY idea what it's like to be a normal parent.

crystal

LOOKS LIKE THE OVERBEARING 'QUEEN' IS LOSING POWER......JON STAND YOUR GROUND WITH HER, DON'T ALLOW HER TO CONTROL YOU ANYMORE. SHE IS CLEARLY ABOUT TO CRACK...CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THAT!!

Jess

"if she approves of my babysitters, i'll approve of hers" playing a games with your ex-wife for the sake of your children?! Kate probably tried to barge in because she was worried that while Jon was banging the babysitter no one was watching the kids. This guy is such a douche bag ... i cant stand him!

FED UP WITH THESE IDIOTS

Number 42. I believe what he is meaning is...He knows Kate enough to know she will have a good babysitter and she should know him well enough to know he would have one too. I watched the show religously until last season and this season. I also have kids and I am totally with Jon on this whole thing. Kate is very controlling and he's basically saying you be ridiculous, I'll be ridiculous. Which of course is not very mature but at you can see is not calculated and mean when it comes to his answers. He's just normal like all the rest of us.

music

Was he nursing his litter? Looks like he's got boobs and a bad case of vaginosis! What a loser! Gets money, mansion, and hair plugs thanks to his kids, and then bam!! Off to do every dip chick in town! He's repulsive.

Victoria

THIS GUY IS AN IDIOT!!!!! WOW Jon really spending time with the kids. in the end the best parent will win but it sucks that kate has to deal with suck a MORON as Jon. Hang in there Kate!

Cloris

Jon is more concerned about his personal Midlife Crisis Meltdown, vs. his kids.

They have a full time nanny. This idiot hires a Stripper Sitter for his own use.

What a dolt.

Originalkat

It is his time with the kids so why would he need a babysitter? What a putz!

Off The Rack

Azzwipe has one night with the kids and he wants the sitter to watch them? Douchey Doucherson!

mspenn

What is wrong with this picture? WHY oh WHY is anyone talking about these people? What talent do they have that they are contributing to society or this planet? I can't believe this idiotic coverage and I boycott anything with their name on it....just had to get this off my chest. I am sick to death of hearing about them.