MJ Burial Could Cost Jacksons a Pretty Penny

8/19/2009 2:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonThrowing a memorial service for Michael Jackson is a lot cheaper when you trade the Staples Center for the more traditional places to honor the dead.

Law enforcement sources tell us the cost of providing police and other city services for the private memorial at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale could top $50,000. That's like a Costco version of a memorial, compared to the estimated $1.4 million to stage the event at the Staples Center in L.A.

A Glendale PD source tells us the Jackson family will foot the bill for police and other services associated with the service, which will be held on August 29.

just sayen

I too agree with you both LuvMJbad & Mary, very well said.

Love & Peace

Honey

It's true if his grave was open to the public it would be disrespected by some stupid idiots in no time. Katherine and the kids need a private place to mourn at a graveside. And the Jackson family are probably eagar to ensure they can be buried next to him one day. However I hope this resting place does not negate plans for a permanent museum of sorts of MJ's life and work.

LucyInTheSky

198........
Posted at 9:42AM on Aug 19th 2009 by FACINGREALITY
**********************************************
I think that it is not that MJ died but how he died that is haunting and disturbing the "Good" Katherine.

jean

When monies are put into the estate, (sale of MJ crap)the Jackson's should pay the citizens of LA back for the Staples Center circus event! This family has and always will be a lesson for society,of how not to act out a delusional lifestyle!

jb

I have to agree, if they wanted a " private " service, then they
could of done it " privately, with out anouncing when & where.
Everyone even knows what time. Seems to me, The Jackson Family
still wants to stay in the spotlight and exploiting Michael's death
is the only way they know how. Shame on them.

Homie1Kanobe

#115 BURY THE FREAK.....I AGREE WITH YOU TOTALY ,BUT I MIGHT ADD JOE JACKSON MADE MICHAEL THE MOST SELF HATED BLACKMAN. BY TEASING HIM ALL THE TIME ABOUT HIS NOSE, HIS LOOKS, UNTIL HE COULD'NT STAND TO BE BLACK ANYMORE.. I GOT THIS FROM WATCHING ALL HIS INTERVIEWS ABOUT GROWING UP.

radar

They should just let MJ rest in peace already!! http://www.mediancs.com/rd_p?p=191273&t=9534&a=29698-tmz&gift=29698

LuvMJbad

Thank you T.M. Love & peace speaks volumes and was what MJ was all about. :)

Gotham Gossips

Zombiehunter, I agree with you...on practically everything thus far. There is definitely much more to this than the obvious Dr. Murray.

ania

I LOVE YOU MICHAEL!!!!

Tstorm

Good Morning Board . Thunder rolls in.

notsurprised

I am not one for conspiracy ideas but this whole situation with MJ is odd to me? I thought they said he was already buried? Now he is being buried? We did not see his body in his casket at the memorial? It is taking forever to release the autopsy report? Dr. Murray is a suspect yet hasn't been arrested? Maybe I am making more out of all of this but it seems a bit strange to me.....anyone else?

Smooth Criminals

45. Mrs Jackson i think is the worse of em...I know she grieving and has lost her son, however, the day he died, she called the nanny wanting to know where Michael kept his money...WTF??
How in the hell can a mother think abt money on the day there child has died??

And another thing...If she was such a confidant to Michael, how is it that she didnt know he was on any drugs?? How can a mother not know that?? I damn sure would be able to tell if one of my children was on drugs!! Believe you me!!
And if i ever found out that one of my children was an addict, there would be no one...i mean no one...that would stop me to get to my child...NO F.U.C.K.N.G ONE!!!!!

It just pisses me the helllll off that this family has used Michael for sooooo long, and not ONE of them helped him, when he needed it the most!!!!

Posted at 4:22AM on Aug 19th 2009 by pamela

*************
I agree. What kind of mother immediately calls her lawyer and goes to her son's home looking for money after her son dies?

What kind of mother immediately goes to court and claims her son died without a will when she was already informed that a will existed?

What kind of mother disrespects her son's wishes and tries to have "a seat at the table" when it's obvious he didn't want her to have one?

Katherine and her hubby filed for bankruptcy to the tune of $24 million dollars. Katherine and her family, except for Janet, been supported by Michael for years. Now Katherine's lawyers want the public to believe Michael thought Katherine had good business sense and knows how to maintain his legacy. It is because of John Branca and not Katherine Jackson that Michael even has an estate. Michael knew exactly what he was doing in appointing Branca and not appointing Katherine.

John Branca helped bring those who were at the top of the industry into Michael's life--the best of the best.

What did Katherine and family bring into Michael's life? Trouble-- in the form of the Moonies, the Nation of Islam, hair brained schemes and siblings eaten up with jealousy and blaming Michael instead of their own lack of talent, a father who beat and terrorized his children with guns, a mother who enabled and stood behind her abusive husband and enabled her own sons to abuse their wives and girlfriends in her own home, and didn't have enough self respect to divorce her constantly cheating husband, and turned her back on many of her grandchildren.

Homie1Kanobe

#120 BURY THE FREAK.....I AGREE WITH YOU TOTALY ,BUT I MIGHT ADD JOE JACKSON MADE MICHAEL THE MOST SELF HATED BLACKMAN. BY TEASING HIM ALL THE TIME ABOUT HIS NOSE, HIS LOOKS, UNTIL HE COULD'NT STAND TO BE BLACK ANYMORE.. I GOT THIS FROM WATCHING ALL HIS INTERVIEWS ABOUT GROWING UP. tmz changed your number dammit

ME