Victim's Hubby Convicted of Assaulting GF

8/19/2009 5:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The "person of interest" in the murdered model case has a criminal record for assaulting a girlfriend in 2005.

Ryan Alexander Jenkins -- the husband of Jasmine Fiore, who was found last Saturday strangled to death and stuffed in a suitcase -- was convicted in 2007 in Calgary, Canada. The woman he assaulted is Faern Jewell, his girlfriend at the time.

Jenkins' sentence included 15 months probation and mandatory counseling for "psychological/domestic violence/coping skills."

As for the "coping skills," he was ordered to attend outpatient treatment at a hospital for sex addiction.

DaeDae

Only thing I have to say is Scott Petterson.

Buzzy

Zzz.

BabyGirl

First!

me

does this man kill every girl he dates?

Linda Mott

Women think that if a man is famous and has money that he is a safe person to date and marry. Not so, be very careful to know the man. Money isn't everything. If you marry or date because of money, don't you think he knows that. Have some insight and common sense before taking that step.

Tiger Tale

"Packed in a suitcase"? I sure hope it wasn't carry on...

Sad sad

Okay, vh1 doesn't check I guess.

Dianne

I feel bad for Megan. Set up with a murderer/wife beater. It could have been her.

I Will Take Being Born White Any Day - Thats Worth Much More To Me, #6

Ya know, you guys could be on to something here.

Mmmm

If this guy was convicted in Canada recently, how did he cross the border and do a reality show so easily in the U.S.? In Canada, it's extremely difficult for Americans convicted of crimes to enter Canada because of the extensive background checks. The ones that do have to go through extensive questioning and paper work. America should take note.

$$$

Sheesh balls...do you get paid to put your stupid-ass "balls" comment on every TMZ storyline??

Rachelle

VH1 has pulled everything Megan related from their website, they also posted their official statement:

He was on I love money 3 as well, I wonder what affect that will have on that show...

and apparently it's not VH1 that should do the background checks, its the 51 Minds production company...

Sucks for Megan, she finally got her break and look what happened

Sad sad

Sociopath

Tmoney

On the show he has the whole "stalker" vibe going for him from day one. Creepy on the show ... creepier in real life. You would think a criminal background check would be mandatory on a show like this. Giving us Canadians a bad name! I hope he gets tried in the U.S., our legal system is not as harsh. I have an idea for his next career move .... Karla Holmolka wants to marry a murderer!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments