Cop: Jasmine's Teeth and Fingers Were Removed

8/20/2009 7:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Officials from the Buena Park Police Department just held a news conference about the death of model Jasmine Fiore and their search for her husband and murder suspect, Ryan Jenkins.

Here's the blow-by-blow of what went down:

UPDATE: Buena Park's Chief of Police Tom Monson is at the podium. Monson promises a "vigorous pursuit of justice."

UPDATE: Monson says he believes Ryan has escaped to Canada on foot.

UPDATE: A US Marshal is at the podium now. He says his agency is cooperating with law enforcement in Canada to find Ryan. He says anyone who helps Ryan in any way would be charged with aiding and abetting a fugitive.

UPDATE: A close family friend named Robert Hasman -- who says he used to date Jasmine -- is speaking. He says Jenkins is an "animal" for what he did to Jasmine.

UPDATE
: Lieutenant Holliday just said Jasmine's teeth and fingers had been removed. He said there's a $10 million bail out on Ryan.

UPDATE:
Lt. Holliday just said Ryan may be armed with a handgun. It's over now.

MissYouMJ

I don't want him to get the death penalty - I want him to rot in prison for the rest of his miserable life with Bubba as a new boyfriend!

Ann

I wonder how he removed her teeth? Or if he just swung something like a hammer to knock them out and break them. I worked in the dental industry and it is very difficult to remove healthy teeth especially 32 from the roots. It takes alot of time and muscle using forceps. What a whacko, sicko.

PolarBear

UPDATE: The entire western Canadian region is now being monitored under the watch of all polar bears, grizzly bears, ravens, crows, coyotes, cougars and even Columbian ground squirrels. Early reports indicate 27 crows along the border remember seeing him earlier. The net tightens. If he steps out of a car or out of the city for that matter, he's SO screwed.

MWSD

I'm with #39 on this one (Santa Cruz Native).

When have you ever seen a press conference with a grieving family where they were all dressed in suits, etc...

They are typically always very casual and tired looking...usually because they have been cooperating in a search for their loved one, meeting with press, meeting with police etc...

This whole thing about looks (Jasmine's or her family's) is ridiculous. Get a real perspective on life.

MissYouMJ

I didn't know VH1 pulled it. Will they also pull "I love Money 3"?

Lindsay

my

Rick from British Columbia

teeth and finger removed???Dummy should have taken her name tag off the suitcase!

Fact Checker

Ryan planned on killing Jasmine ealier in the week. He had the tools and supplies to chop her up and take her teeth and fingers. We could even learn latter that her head was missing then found in the water in Washington....

"A source close to the production of the VH1 reality shows "Megan Wants a Millionaire" and "I Love Money" tells Zap2it that Jenkins went to 51 Minds -- the shows' production offices -- early this week begging for them to cut him a check. They didn't do it, but not from lack of trying on his part." source:

dr fred

this adds(removal of teeth/fingers) an entire new level to the disgust to the crime, if anyone deserves the death penalty.it is this guy.

I don't understand why he was so jealous to commit murder,why not just get a new chick.
on the original report they said (No trauma), how LE could not see missing fingers & teeth, also there was a lot of blood,

E3Quidd

Whata sick twisted S.O.B.! I bet Meghan is sick as hell, thanking her lucky starts that they didnt work out. She could have been the one with her fingers cut off teeth removed strangled and stuffed into a =suitcase and then dropped off in a dumpster. How effing horrific! This creature is an animal and shoild be hunted down and put through the same torture that he made that poor woman suffer. Who in the hell does all of that? Hannibal Lector maybe. My heart goes out to her and her family. Noone should have to suffer that torture, pain and humiliation, because you know he left her alive for most of it. Sickos like to watch the suffering of their victims. I watched the show MWTMAM and he looked like a really arrogant twisted creep. Innocent men dont run, nevermind flee the country in an international hop. I am appalled and saddened. Blech my stomach is turning over RIP Ms.Fiore May the angels hold you in their wings and help you to be whole again. All murder defies reason, but this is just so..so..Totally fright night it defies humanity. CATCH HIM QUICK

dee

Removing the teeth and fingers does slow down the identification of a body. To compare DNA on a victim you have to have a lead as to who the victim might be. You can't just compare DNA to everyone in the world. People who are not convicted felons don't usually have DNA on the National file so if they come up negative with that file, there is no where else to go if there is no suspicion as to who the body is. RIP, Jasmine

Sad sad

All that stuff makes me think he has killed before. I wonder do they have any unsolved crimes of girls missing teeth and fingers through Vegas/Cal/Canada ?

crystal

I hope they find this animal soon before he hurts someone else. What a horrible, gruesome thing to do. I feel horrible for her family. God Bless them

Joann

I watch MWAM and thought it was OK. My question, at that time, was would a millionaire want to be on a VH1 reality show? They wouldn't need the money.

I was thinking all of them weren't "really" millionaires and when the show ended Megan would be told the winner was not a millionaire but never did I think one of them would turn out to be a psycho.

When they found the body I thought how in the hell could a grown person fit into a suitcase. I figured then her body must have been cut up. I think more than missing fingers and teeth were gone but the police are not saying.

The fingers and teeth were missing so she would not be identified, but why would he report her missing and then flee?

I hope they catch this monster and VH1 will definitely have to change their screening procedure.

music4life

of course hes a monster hes a psychopath and I cant imagine what she went through and what her family and friends are going through its awful when anyone dies and that pain and emptiness in your soul wont ever go away. Anyone that kills another human being is a monster unless it was like self defense and the other person was crazy and going to kill you and you protected yourself otherwise yeah.