JoJo -- Record Co. Won't Let Me 'Get Out'

8/21/2009 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

JoJoThat JoJo singer chick is finally old enough to file a lawsuit -- 18 -- and guess what?! She's already picking a legal war with her record company!

In a lawsuit just filed in NYC courts, JoJo claims her record company shoved her into a musical "limbo" because they wont let her out of her contract -- and they won't let her record a new album either!

JoJo, real name Joanna Levesque, now wants a judge to force Da Family Entertainment to cut her loose -- plus she wants at least $500,000 for her troubles.

mrez golucky

Yikes!

Homie1Kanobe

Not happening. Contracts can be a bitch sometime, Read ye ole fine print. I would love to have $500,000.00 for my troubles, we all would. So wish in one hand, crap in the other, and see which one fills up first....Your freind Homie rotflmao

ME

WHO CARES

John Frost

Who would want her signed to their label anyways? Hopfully she joins Cash Money and sucks Lil wayne pipi

mitch myers

shes hot!

supa b

JoJo is a great singer and seems cool, I hope she gets whatever she wants!!!

Fd

Jojo is a joke and she sucks

Crystal

Technically, I believe that now that she is 18 she can decide if she wishes to continue with the contracts that her parents(or others representing her) agreed to while she was a minor. Depending on how the contracts were written.

Fred Z

You go JoJO!

LOLA

I see some people who don't love her here people if you don't like her or her music don't bother us with your comments she is a good talented girl started things on her own but things are not going so fast with her I'm really sorry for her and she desearve to take this money coz it seems like they are late and they are not doing their work hope yousolve things jojo :)

KRAZY KOOKY KLOWN

balls

RaheemXavierTequilaWannaWannaWillie

Never trust a company that mispells "The"

Morons

Homie1Kanobe

Posted at 7:49PM on Aug 21st 2009 by LOLA

Life's ruff,and when ya grow up you are going to hear alot of things you don't like. But people pro or con will still post.....Thats life

LB

Jojo has been dealing with their BS forever! Good for her. i hope she wins and finds a better label. J Records preferable lol

Justin

I hope she wins. I really do, just for the simple fact that it's been almost three years since the release of her last album. The Record Company looing for a distributer, that may be the case...but really...I don't think it takes a YEAR AND A HALF to find one. I don't think they're really trying their best to make sure the artists they sign are happy.

I hope she wins, the $500,000.00 may be a little much, but if she gets it...more power to her.

Keep on singin' JoJo...when you get a new label that is.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments