Michael Jackson Burial Delayed Until September 3

8/21/2009 1:31 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonMichael Jackson will be buried on September 3 -- instead of August 29 as originally planned.

According to a statement released by the family, the burial will be at Holly Terrace in The Great Mausoleum at Glendale Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, Calif. -- and will be limited to family and close friends.

Joe Jackson, Michael's dad, told us the burial would be delayed, but the day they wanted it changed to -- August 31 -- became problematic because of schools re-opening on that day.

So Joe was right -- who'd have thunk it?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Taty

DEATH HOAX!!

nan

it is unnerving to think that they still havent laid him to rest .he must be wondering what more do they want from him.please lay him to rest and move on for the kids sake. they should all be able to live like kings for one hundred years with what he so generously left them. all they have to do is shoe up at he cemetary hes already there.end the drama for the kids sake

Dahillzig

Sometimes even when you really want privacy, you are unble to get it. I don't really believe the Jacksons are calling the news media everytime they come to a decision about their deceased son. I do believe however; there are people around them who would sell the children, husbands and anything else to make a quick buck or perhaps receive their 15 minutes of fame. Oh and by the way #102. They did just that. Michael was taken back to Forest Lawn and place in a temporary crypt. WHO mentioned he is being kept in a freezer! Not Forest Lawn, Not his family....WHO! Several family members have stated that his body is at Forest Lawn. People can be embalmed for decades and still have their bodies intact. I really don't believe ANYONE has nor will ever open Michael's casket again. no need. I love you MJ...take care Jackson family!

LucyInTheSky

The Jackson family could have handled this burial like the 2 before
it. (From Staples to Gordys masoleum, then the final burial ceremony
at Gordys masoleum, which did take place) But then the family heeded
public backlash at the cheapness of that burial...thus this the
upcoming final burial.

They handled the first two discretely, without pomp and pagentry (not
even prayers or songs if I recall the article stating)

This dignified and beautiful final resting place for MJ should as
well been kept private. But no, since big $$$$$$$$$ has been used for
this burial, the Jacksons are going to make a big display of it.

And what's THIS? $50,000 for LAPD coverage alone?
Ridiculous. But then it's MJs money being spent.

It all could have been handled from the start privately and with
dignity, like any other decent family would have done.

No class or breeding in this family.
Their paid PR/staff thru this is their only saving factor.

fang

I want him to be buried soon.he really should be in peace.I love you Michael.

Caroline

Seriously what is going on? We as Michael Jackson fans are trying to get closure but just knowing that he still hasn't been laid to rest makes this grieving process even harder.I truly feel for the family especially his Mum and kids and i can't even begin to imagine what they're going through but my only hope is he really will get buried on the 3rd and maybe someday we'll get a chance to pay our respect in some way.

my my my

Get it over with already -- just stop this circus... Without MJ who will the Jackson's have to flaunt around....? SICK

elinalovemichael!

to ''ohwell'' guy!

u r a pathetic loser!if u don't like him why are u read the news about him and u make comments..loser???get a life!!!!!!!!!!

elizabevitale

DEATH HOAX FOR SURE

cindee

Whenever it is........ won't they "the family" at least
have a procession [there is 10 to 15 miles difference between
the two cemeteries]So the public "Michael Jacksons Fans"
can say there good-byes ????
Why are we being denied the chance to say good bye
It was not his fans that took his life...
RIP

elizabevitale

Sue I saw my dads dead body so please go f yourself

Alibaba

No class or breeding in this family.
Their paid PR/staff thru this is their only saving factor.

Posted at 4:38PM on Aug 21st 2009 by zombiehunter

This is what happens to "new Money". You cannot buy class....

Linda Mott

That is a day after our host, Harvey Levin's birthday, which is September 2nd.

Dean

They are sure dragging this out way to0 much.He is dead,just bury him,and move forward.I think the family is exploiting this to the max.It seems clear that he was the money in that family.

Stranger in NC

IS THE GUY REALLY DEAD? THIS IS GETTING WAY OUT OF HAND. I SMELL A HOAX!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments