Michael Jackson Burial Delayed Until September 3

8/21/2009 1:31 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonMichael Jackson will be buried on September 3 -- instead of August 29 as originally planned.

According to a statement released by the family, the burial will be at Holly Terrace in The Great Mausoleum at Glendale Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, Calif. -- and will be limited to family and close friends.

Joe Jackson, Michael's dad, told us the burial would be delayed, but the day they wanted it changed to -- August 31 -- became problematic because of schools re-opening on that day.

So Joe was right -- who'd have thunk it?

sw

Good God, enough of MJ is this all that's going on in the world.
Toss the druggie in the ground already

Em

This isn't about money. It's unfortunate to have to delay the burial this long but I think it's been beyond the family's control. Personally I'd like to see them make an announcement and then bury him on the sly prior to the date where it can be a quiet, dignified and respectful affair for the family. Do we really need to see aerial shots of the family paying respects, maybe catch a tear on one of his children's faces with a zoom lens? No matter the vices individual members of the Jacksons may have, as a family they're strong and should be allowed to bury one of their own without scrutiny and speculation.

Neverland

Michael on behalf of all man kind "WE ARE SO SORRY"..... please bury him NOW!!!

P.S. Michael Joesph Jackson was... MURDERED!!!!

pamela

17. Has anyone told Michael so he knows which day to turn on a television
and watch his own faked funeral?

Now that was funny!!

PolarBear

Reponse to "hmmmmm": all the Jacksons are purely on the money hunt, you can't say that any of the entertainment ever provided by any of them is meaningful, it's pure pop nerve stimulant, no more valuable, purposeful or long lasting than a cup of coffee (though since Michael used top quality studio engineers, the coffee would be premium fresh roasted and brewed, unlike the Starbucks stuff that uses chlorinated water). Don't let the single-purpose Joe Jackson-style money grabs distract you, the Jacksons are still on stage here whether it's a casket or a drum kit, it's all the same deal.

a fan

I love Michael Jackson! Please have his funeral now not almost two weeks from now. This is awful for everyone to keep postponing it.
Did the Jehovah's Witness object to his birthday burial?

elizabevitale

Joe Mama good one. Waiting for Michael to attend lolol lmao

There isn't a body to bury folks. Get with it.
------------------------------------------------------------
FAKE DEATH IT'S A HOAX AND THE JACKSONS KNOW ALL ABOUT IT.
------------------------------------------------------------

23.17. GOOD ONE

to ella I post some of my findings on other hoax sites, my own site and refer over. I do not have the time or want to be posting all of the things I find on several sites. I have a real life to live. I don't know why you would even question me. That is a waste of your time. The picture is a fake. The death is a hoax and that is all there is to it. Now my opinion or facts need not be shared with anyone, but I will share with who I please and that wouldn't be you. I don't come on this forum and question anyone. I just read and state my opinions. I do not call people crazy and I do not bother my life with judging whether another believes he is dead. That is an individual opinion. I know wealth well. I know what wealth can do and I know many players in the way of the music industry. Now, I have no more time to prove anything and I need not. I didn't ask anyone to believe me. I just post my honest opinions and comments. Why you people waste your time correcting me is really beyond my logic. I have much better things to do with my life. Some of you people should find the same. Now, I have to go enjoy my life not live for your life.

Have a nice day everyone. I will stop back later to read the negative of me and the imposters. Have an open field day. lololol

-----------------------------------------------------------------
MICHAEL I MUST SAY YOU COMPLETELY OUT DID YOURSELF ON THIS FAKED DEATH.
MORE POWER TO YOU AND HOLLYWOOD AND YOU WILL ALWAYS REMAIN IN MY HEART AND LOVE. THANK YOU MORE THAN EVER FOR THE LESSONS LEARNED IN ALL RESPECTS OF YOUR LIFE AND DEATH. I WILL MOURN AGAIN WHEN YOUR DEATH IS REAL AND LOVE EVERY MOMENT OF MY FEELINGS FOR YOU. YOU WILL NEVER BE REPLACED AND NEVER BE FORGOTTEN FOR MY LIFE AND LESSONS IN THE LORD TOO. ETERNAL LIFE TO YOU MICHAEL. YOU WIN.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

just sayen

How much longer will his beloved children, family (those of who which truly loved Michael for Michael) & fans have to wait for closer? How long will this lifetime of tragedy continue on? Isn't a man's lifetime long enough to pay for justice? Isn't the fact he gave us his love, his very heart enough to move swiftly on this? Which he did so all while he was being persecuted scorned ridiculed abused & used all his life as well now in death? In his song "Money" he was oh soooo right on!

I so treasure the fans who have stood together around the world who truly loved him as his last words to us, "I love you, you know I do". You each of the fans have helped so in the morning process & Thank You so from the heart TMZ! As a world wide family with no race lines we have come together as his family because of him.

Michael loved us all as we him it is so very sad so many through out his life clung to him & his name in the name of MONEY & FAME.

Now you you say wish more of our money? We the ones who truly love Michael for the amazing PERSON & HUMAN he was want justice & closer. He has always all his life had our hearts, money as well support that of which we each could spend & give without taking away from our lives & families. Don't you get it yet??? Near all of his 51 years as the true lovers of his life path & him we have always been there for him, as we will be for his children, his talent & work of charities. We are not going anyplace, however it is past time for justice & closer for us all to move on.

Prayers as always to the children, & all those who loved him for being just Michael. We give praise you are moonwalking with angels & singing in God's glory this world was far to evil & unjust for you.

R.I.P. Michael
4Always
4Ever
We
Will
Never
4Get
4Together
As 1
We Will continue to work to
Heal The World
As We Keep a close eye on
The Man, Woman & Child in the Mirror.
Peace & Love

Rita Bosico

THANK YOU for NOT burying him on his birthday. I am incredibly relieved. I still suggest 09-09-09 as a memorable date, but I am so happy that his birthday will not be mixed with the grief of our final goodbye. That will be hard enough.

Camilla

FIRST OF ALL, FOR THOSE WHO DON'T ADMIRE MICHAEL JACKSON, PLEASE, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME TO KEEP WRITTING "SIN THINGS". I PRAY TO GOD FORGIVES YOU. AT LEAST RESPECT THE PAIN AND MOURN OF THOSE WHO LOVE HIM.

SECOND, IF MJ REALLY PASSED AWAY, IT'S ALL A MESS AROUND HERE. HIS FAMILY SHOULDN'T WAIT THAT MUCH TO PUT HIM TO REST. IT IS A DISRESPECTING AND MAINLY BECAUSE OF HIS CHILDREN. MJ IS NOT A PING-PONG BALL. HE CAN'T DEFEND HIMSELF AND PEOPLE KEEP PLAYING AROUND HIM.

THIRD, HOW COME A DOCTOR (THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN TAKING CARE OF ONE OF THE MOST CONSAGRATED AND FAMOUS ARTIST IN THE WORLD) SIMPLY GAVE HIM HIS BACK, AND LET HIM WITH THE DRUG RUNNING INSIDE HIS VEINS AND DIDN'T CARE AT ALL FULL TIME. I DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT. THERE ARE MANY MYSTERIES THAT WE DESERVE TO KNOW THE TRUTH.

MICHAEL, LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF HIS FAMILY DOESN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH HIS SUPPOSED BODY, PLEASE, SEND TO MY HOUSE. I'M SURE I'D TAKE CARE OF HIM MUCH BETTER.

K

Speechless

me

well i always did hear Michael wanted to preserve his body in liquid nitrogen so he could be brought back to life by science one day. Maybe they have a dry ice freezer at Forest Lawn and that's what they are REALLY doing, hoping to keep postponing it so the media and fans lose interest. or maybe HE IS alive and all of this is a hoax of epic proportions. I never believed the whole Elvis is alive and Tupac is hanging out somewhere theory, But MIke? He had alot on his mind, he could come up with something like this. Otherwise I have to say his family may just the ones who were weird and he ended up being a casualty of THEIR insanity???? this is crazy, lay his body to rest already. Thank God, he lets our spirit go on to Heaven without our body needing to be buried first!!!!

ME

THEY ARE JUST WAITING UNTIL HE GETS MORE FREAKY

elizabevitale

HIS FAMILY DOESN'T HAVE A BODY TO BURY

Gotham Gossips

This is just horrible. Lay him to rest already. The only excuse for not having done so would be if the coroner/medical examiner needed his body for further testing or examination. Otherwise, it is just disrespectful and in very bad taste. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the delay is due to Jermaine scrambling to get all the camera people in to get footage of the burial for the reality show. Would not surprise me one bit.