Judge to Brown -- I've Heard the 'Chatter'

8/25/2009 6:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown was just sentenced to 5 years probation and 6 months hard labor, and the judge threatened Brown by talking about the "chatter" she hears.

Chris Brown: Click to watch
Judge Patricia Schnegg said during the sentencing, "I am not immune to the chatter on the airwaves." It's unclear if she was saying that she's heard reports that Brown and Rihanna are still talking ... or if she was just saying he needs to be careful because she watches TV and reads TMZ. To us, it sounded like the former.

Down to business, the judge sentenced Brown to perform hard labor at the Commonwealth Catholic Charities in Richmond, VA, where he must also take a 52-week domestic violence course.

The judge ruled Brown -- who pleaded guilty to felony assault -- must stay 100 yards away from Rihanna, unless they are both at an entertainment-related event, in which case he must stay 10 yards away. The protective order lasts 5 years.

He must provide DNA samples as requested by authorities.

Brown must also keep in touch with the Probation Department and is subject to search and seizure 24/7 for the next 5 years. He can't own any dangerous weapons, including guns or knives.

Chris Brown: Click to watchBrown must pay $2,500 in restitution and another $2,500 in probation expenses. He must also pay a $30 criminal conviction fee -- BARGAIN! He must also pay $400 that goes into a domestic violence fund.

Brown must get prior approval before leaving the country.

As Brown left court, female fans could be heard screaming "I love you."

jordana

Harvey, please tell me I am not crazy?? How in the world can someone violate their protective order just cause they are in the entertainment industry. I have had a protective order before and I was told if I was somewhere first and he showed up that he had to leave and vice versa. And for them to say that it is because they are celebrities and it is their livelyhood?? Come on, help me understand this....

diane

do you think the police have talked to me guy who made the 911 call re: MJ? I think whatever he saw and heard would be very important.

Saddenend

Harvey, I must commend you and the TMZ team - you guys are better than CNN, MSNBC, and all the other media/news places. Thank you for the latest, up-to-date info!!!

QUESTION: Is the girlfriend of Dr. Murray who supposedly lived 10 minutes away from Michael's mansion being questioned?

She sure could be considered an accesory if the stash of money & security tapes suddenly went missing during or right after Michael's death.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK, THANK YOU!!!! Justice for Michael!!!

Fran

What did the judge mean about getting DNA samples from Chris? Will they be checking if he had any type of contact with Rhianna??

MJ

What will the charges against Dr. Murray be?

nyc5055

Who is the restitution for?Why does he have to pay probation fees? What is a conviction fee? I mean, it's a sweet sentence because he could've got that 5 years in prison.He needs to thank his lucky stars.I just never heard of those fees.

He did'nt put himself on probation so IMO he should'nt pay.

Stacey

Ive heard many reports that Conrad Murray allegedly called three diff people for a total of 47 minutes after he found MJ and before he called 911. Do we know who he allegedly called? Can we find out? Thanks, TMZ!

no way

Were the pills dissolved in Michael's stomach or were they a cover up?

Wendy

Given that Dr. Murray's not a US citizen, do you think he's a flight risk? Have there been any measures to keep him in the US before his inevitable arrest?

Martin

Is claudia saying vick isnt rich? and thats why he got jail time?

MJ

Approx. how many doctors are in any way involved in Michael's case?

Heidi

Harvey, how likely do you thik Chris is to violate his probation by aking contacet with Rihanna? Of course, having her permission to be near her is not a defense to violating the protective order. What type of penakty would he get for that???

Biggest_Hit_In_Years

If Chris sees Rihanna at a Lakers game does he have to immediately vacate his pricey seat?

REAL

TO 4. I have a MJ related question..not so much about the case,but about his body condtion..

I was watching some show on the Tv Guide channel and a woman said that MJ had a prostetic nose and it was missing at time of his death.

just wondered if that was true..and how could this man sing wth no nose, and how would u keep it on without looking like u have a fake nose..

Its been bothering me since I heard it...

So just wondering what u knew about this..

thanks

Posted at 5:46PM on Aug 25th 2009 by justagirl

YOU DID SEE HIS NOSE, RIGHT ??
DIDN'T IT LOOK A LITTLE STRANGE TO YOU ??
IT WAS RUBBER BECAUSE HIS FELL OFF DUE TOO THE MANY !!
SURGIES HE HAD ON HIS NOSE. IT WAS ALL PLASTIC AND THE
BODY REJECTED IT LIKE IT SOMETIMES WHEN SOMEONE GETS A
TRANSPLANT OF ANY KIND.
IT WAS FAKE !!! HE WAS BALD AND WORE TONS OF LAKE UP
THAT WOULD PRETTY MUCH MAKE HIM A FAKE.

Mega

Wow this is a harsh sentence. Riri hit him while he was driving and he hit her back. It was more like self defense. He should have just got 6 months probation.