Chris Brown -- Guys and Close Calls

8/26/2009 8:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

How's this for chatter, Your Honor? Chris Brown may have violated his probation just hours after he was sentenced ... but a technicality will probably save him.

The probation report states that Brown must "abstain from the use of all alcoholic beverages and stay out of places where they are the chief item of sale."

Brown was at Guys and Dolls nightclub last night in West Hollywood, partying away. Guys and Dolls sells food, but its chief item of sale is liquor.

But here's Brown's saving grace. In her sentencing order, the judge did not mention the restriction. We're told the judge trumps the probation department, so Brown is probably in the clear by the skin of his teeth.

mia

I don't think the judge is required to explicitly state all of the probation rules. I hope they nail Brown on this. Where is Brown's legal team? Didn't they tell him what he can and cannot do while on probation?

Judi

OK so if he were not a celebrity don't you think he would have gotten more time? This is just baloney. What does this tell our children who see this? He beat her up and pretty much got away with it. It is just terrible how if you are a celebrity you get a get out of jail free card.

j

chump

.:Loki 4Ever:.

HUGE DOUCHER!!!

signed Will Ferrell

Christy

Who really follows probation rules? But no TMZ had to be Inspector Gadgets...

lesley

FYI- the presentence report generated by the probation department only states the probation officer's recommended sentence. And the judge doesn't have to follow the probation department's reccomendations, although most of the time the sentences end up being pretty similar to what has been recommended by the probation department.

The reason I know this is because I am a courtroom clerk and handle sentencings pretty regularly.

Kim

That's a bunch of crap. Just because it wasn't announced to him does not necessarily mean he doesn't have to abide by the rules. Not to mention if my husband beat me like he beat Rhianna, my husband would be in jail, not out partying. But then again my husband is not a well known but average talented "star". Oh legalities, how fickle you are when it comes to celebrities.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

Fear not, law-abiding citizens. This dumb jerk is far too stupid to make it a full 5 years without violating his probation. He'll surely get busted and end up in state prison, where he will be beaten and sexually degraded, which is exactly what he deserves. Have fun in prison, punk. Oh, by the way, your lawyer is inept.

LakersFan

Stop stalking this guy TMZ. No one else cares.

Me

#6: I give it three months before he's in jail. Tops. He's too ignorant and impressed with himself to follow the rules, and Geragos can't stay on top of his client all the time.

j

WOW, what a douchebag!!!! Out celebrating after just getting sentenced for beating up a woman. Why didn't someone punch him in the face??

mia

Judge Schnegg: "Do you understand, Mr. Brown, that any violation of this order is a violation of your probation and it comes with the possible penalty of prison?"

Chris Brown: "Yes."

mia

I hope Judge Schnegg reads TMZ!

Me

The nice judge should amend the nice order, citing that she one of the probationary rules was accidentally left out when the order was written.

And nice Chris Brown should sit in his nice house on Saturday nights for the next five years...or head to the nearest mall to show off his "talents."

mia

Me, I think that the alcohol condition is in the probation order, but the judge didn't read the entire thing to Brown. He's got it on paper. That's my understanding at least. I say "no excuse". Brown and his legal team should have read the rules.

Hey TMZ, do you have the paperwork??

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments