Travis Barker -- 'Rest in Peace My Brother'

8/30/2009 12:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Travis BarkerTravis Barker has taken to Twitter to mourn the loss of his close friend DJ AM -- in bursts of 140 characters or less.

Barker wrote: "Don't know how i am gonna play 2night but i am for AM. My brother is gone.i love u and miss u, i'll never forget all the good times we had.

Followed shortly by: "I'll never forget everything we've been thru and every time i play the drums i'll think of you. U were an amazing friend/DJ/human being."

And lastly: "Rest In Peace my brother, this really f**ks me up."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

katie

he got a second chance at life and blew it to drugs???? what a dumb ass!!!

Amy

Just like Travis to use tragedy to get attention. He's a loser that fights publicly with his loser ex-wife on the internet. Just ignore this no talent poseur.

Kim

Some cold-hearted people here. Show respect, people.

Post Traumatic Stress disorder can do wicked wicked things to a person.

Only marry foreign women

I have Sympathy Deficit Disorder. A serial drug users dies. This is not news, it is expected.

Marissa

I met Travis at Disneyland on Mother's Day this year. He was there with his family, including his wife/ex-wife. He was so incredibly nice! I totally didn't expect him to be like that. He wished me a happy Mother's Day, posed for pictures and gave my children autographs. I love him!

RIP DJ AM... No matter how you went, you went too soon and it's a tragedy.

Rockmelon

Apparently the story is coming together. It looks like the loss of his girlfriend sent DJ back to old habits. I understand the pain he must have felt and I'm sorry that he didn't have the necessary coping skills to get through it.

I know that he will be missed by the many celebrities that he befriended.

Rest in Peace

Lindsay

that gave me goosebumps all over... this man will be DEARLY, AND GREATLY missed.... RIP your an angel amongst angels... WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU xxooxxooxxoo

Bonnie

RIP DJ AM
Travis Barker is an idiot.

P.D

Barker was probably high when he went tweet tweet he wont even remember him in a week or so

just me

Some of you that are making cruel comments about Adam should take a long hard look in the mirror and ask God to give you some compassion and morals. It doesn't matter if you loved him,hated him or even knew of him, HE WAS A HUMAN BEING and for you to just talk about him like he is a piece of garbage is sickening. He was sober for 11 years and helped countless of people get away from their addictions. It is not our place to judge him for his choices,actions or mistakes because no one besides him and God knew what he was going through or why he made the choices he did. People make mistakes and it is tragic he lost his life. For those of you who say he is a nobody and who cares if he died? He was a man who was loved by his family,friends and fans who will greatly miss him and all the good he has done for others in this world.

So cruel commenters, who are you? Who will care when you die? Who do you matter to? It doesn't matter if you are well known or only have one person who loves you, you are a life,a soul, a human being and when you die it always matters to someone. Let his family, friends and fans grieve for losing someone they loved and admired. RIP Adam, you are now with out the demons that you once carried on your back and can finally be at peace. You will be greatly missed!

Disco Duck

Yeah Travis BARKer is really broken up about it. So broken up its a miracle he was able to cash the check for his performance.

Such a self promoter.

surge

he cheated death the first time. its sad that it got him back this soon.

thomson

DJ AM didn't have a chance as his family life was a mess. I know because his dad lived across the street from me in New Jersey after he got a divorce from his wife. Adam's dad (that's his name anyway) Herbert turned into a reclusive homosexual drug addict who eventually died of AIDS in the early 90's when the disease was unable to be controlled. Adam or AM as everyone knows him now dealt with weight issues his whole young life and into early adulthood because of the relationship or lack thereof between his parents but mostly because of his father. It's hard to believe that Adam Goldstein turned into this completely different person when he got older and became DJ AM, but now that I look at all of his recent pictures he just looks like a younger version of his father Herbert Goldstein and that's how I will remember him, as a non-celebrity, because that's really what he was!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5